It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roasted Veggies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually, you should roast the garlic-pods whole and eat them as a separate vegetable. You need rock salt and black pepper.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually, you should roast the garlic-pods whole and eat them as a separate vegetable. You need rock salt and black pepper.

Agreed i love it....i was getting at whole pods just didn't quite communicate well enough....

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

There was an absurd article I read somewhere, alleging that dogs dig to uproot tubers and such.

Vegan website, no doubt.

Uh, no, what silliness. I think it is to get to all the tasty meat-critters that live underground.

My dogs will only eat cooked potatoes. Preferably baked and stuffed with bacon.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Where's the After picture?

I wanted to take an after picture, but I didn't think anyone would care. And we were hungry. Smelling it while it cooks really whets the appetite! It was DELICIOUS!

I'm not fond of roasted vegetables because they tend to char, and charcoal is carcenogenic. If there's a way to avoid that, I'd love to hear about it.

I would think cooking it at a lower temp would work. The ones we had last night weren't charred at all. (380)

On garlic, I usually clean a couple heads and toss the cloves in whole. I was just lazy yesterday.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh! That sounds great! I wonder how long it cooks...

IIRC, it takes about 3 hours. I am not sure about the temperature, but it is high enough that the stuff on the bottom of the roaster gets brown. The sausage is browned in a skillet before roasting.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nice looking before pic =)

I usually do a mixed veggie roast for making a bisque. Otherwise I just stick to simple roasting like a bell pepper on the burner, or maybe some onions and garlic before browning. I'm lazy like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That does look awfully good.....and.....hmmmm.....I have some veggies laying around......
I am guessing you cook it uncovered?????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join