It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Crime: Man Arrested And Beaten For Being In "Computer Predicted Crime Hot Spot"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
give them stop and search powers...

They do have that ability. When there is probable cause.

This case was not one of those instances.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thx for bringing this to the news, i.e., ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I disagree. His being in a predictive crime area is not the proximate cause of attracting the attention of the police. His actions, while there, and certainly his reaction to their questions were the reason for actions taken by the officers.

They didn't make initial contact with the young man because a computer told them to!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

case was not one of those instances.

Why do you feel this case was not one of the instances? Were you there and witness to the entire event?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I disagree. His being in a predictive crime area is not the proximate cause of attracting the attention of the police. His actions, while there, and certainly his reaction to their questions were the reason for actions taken by the officers.

They didn't make initial contact with the young man because a computer told them to!

Sorry, but that just makes too much sense, and the OP's take on it is much more fun than yours.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I disagree. His being in a predictive crime area is not the proximate cause of attracting the attention of the police.

What are you taling about? Of course it was, the officers stated the reason they confronted him was because he was in the area.

His actions, while there, and certainly his reaction to their questions were the reason for actions taken by the officers.

I am not disputing his responses lead to the escalation in the confrontation. I am saying the officers involved should be charged with felony assault because they opted to beat him as they did not like his answers, which were well within his rights to give.

Yes they did, you obviously did not read and understand the Original Post:

According to the initial police statement, Connor DeLeire was sitting in the driver’s seat of a parked 2000 Honda Accord on Merrimack Street. When police approached and started speaking to him...

They approached him because he was PARKED there, in a predictive, high-crime area, not because he was committing a crime.

edit on 3-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Why do you feel this case was not one of the instances? Were you there and witness to the entire event?

I do not need to have witnessed anything, the police statement above makes it quite clear they did not approach and ask to search him because he was suspected of committing a crime.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Just got home from work (around pg 4 when I left), but had to S&F Heff, thanks for another great thread
Some of the posts here are a little disturbing to me, regarding "RIGHTS", etc., is this really an example of "popular opinion" in your view?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is bull# I'm sorry but he was commuting NO crime again a police officer used excessive force that could have killed an innocent person I'm appalled by this!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeeTheFnords

originally posted by: ISeeTheFnords

is this really an example of "popular opinion" in your view?

Honestly, I think it's a singular reflection of the gross and endless propaganda that has been unleashed upon the American population in the past several years. There is a fairly large segment of the population who ingest so much of this product that they've entirely lost perspective. Examples of this, sadly, seem to happen every single day.

One example is the Mississippi man who threw a bomb into Wal Mart because the company stopped selling the Confederate Battle Flag. While this man might actually be an ideological racist trying to reignite the first US Civil War - I think it's equally as likely as he's simply a person who was driven insane by the fear mongering right wing media that has him convinced the end times are here, that the President is a secret Muslim agitator, that billions of Mexicans are in league with Arabs in countless Al Qaeda training camps in every nook and cranny of the US and that every single thing that happens - ever - is part of a vast communist conspiracy to take away guns.

It's the same formula fascism always follows:

1) Create or build-up a straw man.
2) Disseminate endless hyperbolic propaganda about said straw man.
3) Manipulate the fear you've created with the straw man.
4) Find a suitable victim of victims to blame.
5) Turn the fear you create into seething hatred, among the masses, against the suitable victim.
6) Stir the pot.
7) Convince the people that you are the only one who can save them from the straw man and victim.
8) Ride public opinion into absolute authoritarian power.
9) Pillage and destroy.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

give them stop and search powers,and i might actually think of taking a holiday in america,till then your retarded country is off my list,as to many of you have mental health issues!!!!

Sorry bub, we can't just "give them stop and search powers", a constitutional amendment would have to be passed..... I doubt it will happen, so I just suppose we will have to do without you gracing our country with a visit.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Sorry you misunderstood my position. I advocated one in the absence of another. It's pretty simple really.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Sounds like you better hold your cellphone high when using it while parked in your car instead of holding it near your lap else you might be accused of drug use or being a john?

Wow.

I'm thinking there is a bit more to this story that "Dad" doesn't know yet...
edit on 4-11-2015 by DJTeej because: Left out a thought.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join