It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: network dude

Having the ability to defend yourself is supposedly a right, when one agrees to pay someone for a right it becomes a privilege which can be revoked by the issuing authority / arbiter. I believe there was a thread here recently that discussed how we enter into so many arbitrary agreements.....

One who would threaten you with physical harm via any weapon is judging you as having something they want and deciding to threaten you with execution if you don't comply.

It's NEVER OK to use lethal force, EVER.

But some people just don't quite know that and people need to defend themselves from those who don't quite get it.

The lesser of two Weevils.

Right, and as a CCW, you not only have the moral obligation to protect yourself, and those around you, but you have the LEGAL obligation to ensure that whatever you do, is compatible with the law. I sincerely hope I never fire my weapon at anything but paper targets and empty beer cans. But should I have to fire at a person, I doubt I'll have time to run through all the scenarios in my head first, just instinct and trust that I made the correct choice.

I have a CCW and there is no obligation to serve and protect with it. The instructor I had was a Columbine survivor and he had been in a situation where he was robbed on the street for his wallet. Rather than pulling his gun during or after the robbery, he let the bad guy go. Why? Because it wasn't worth loosing everything he owns for the ensuing court case. There is a lot of responsibility legally on the CCW citizen. If you're going to get beat up or robbed, and you shoot/kill the perp, your probably not going to get a medal. You WILL have months or years of court cases ahead of you.
The laws have me in check enough that it would take another gun and a real threat for me to unholster my gun. Most of the powers that be do not want us having, and definitely not carrying weapons. They will make an example of your case to put the fear in other CCW's (like myself). Keep in mind ALL the reports OF COPS pulling guns on people unarmed. Replace that cop with a normal citizen that happens to have a CCW. Not pretty. I support the NRA and I conceal carry, again I'm going to say it, think twice before drawing a weapon.

And your mind set is why I do not call for more gun laws. You are a responsible gun owner, and CCW holder, you I have no issue with. We need to come up with a way to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, and I am not sure how to do it. A good guy with a gun, and a bad guy with a gun, might find a way to compromise?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join