It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictator for the day.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If you could be a dictator for the day of any land (real or imaginary) (past present future) (on world or off world)
What kind of laws would you pass? What laws would you repeal?

If I was dictator for the day, I would...

Legalise cannabis, but regulate it so that it can only be grown bought and sold with a licence. Licenses will only be given to those with no history of substance misuse.

I would make smoking illegal, and ban all tobacco, e-cigarettes and inhalers. I would also ban alcohol, with mandatory community service for those caught in possession of or alcohol or even with alchocol in their blood. 11 months in a labour camp as punishment.

I would force parents to take responsibility for teaching their child at least one qualification at home in their final high schools exams.

I would jail corrupt bankers and traders and ban malpractice in the financial sector.

Ban meat and sugar and make killing animals illegal.

Put solar panels on every roof.

Ban pesticides...

I can't think of any more.

Your turn

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would create a new sovereign nation that encompasses my property and then retire. I don't want to control other people's lives...just my own.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What if not controlling other peoples lives means allowing them to control yours?

I call this the Libertarians Dilemma.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Repeal all Federal Laws and regulations back to the COTUS and the Bill of Rights. I would leave state and local laws intact.

It would create chaos, of course, but it would give us a chance to reset a lot of things back to where they maybe should be. And in the meantime, we might once again get a booming economy while the politicos have to reset the government (including the Senate which would have to be dissolved as illegitimate).

The big downside is that it would open us up to the third term of Obama.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Leave my meat and cigarettes alone.

I'd make Politics a mandatory educational class from the age of 4 just like Maths, English & Science...

It's equally as important, if not more important.

I send paedos to a Guantanamo Bay kinda place and torture paedo ring information out of them.

Everything else I could take or leave.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Um, maybe remove control freaks such as yourself from the government?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If I was in government dissidents like you would be in jail.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

LOL! So much for that........... I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Wow,prohibition anyone? Didn't work back in the 30s and it won't work now.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Leave my meat and cigarettes alone.

Leave innocent animals alone.

And leave your lungs aline. Do you think God gave you lugs to fill them with dirt?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
a reply to: Metallicus

What if not controlling other peoples lives means allowing them to control yours?

I call this the Libertarians Dilemma.

I am happy to forcefully remove 'immigrants' from my property. I don't start fights...I end them. That is why Libertarians embrace a mascot of the porcupine.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I think God gave me a choice.

An animals job is to fill my plate.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

No one believed in it in the 30s...not even the prohibitionists.
Besides law enforcement was in its infancy.

These days police can brethalise anyone at any time.
And ii f I was in power. They would do exactly that.

Then, straight to the labour camp ... 11 months should be enough for most offenders to come to their senses.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Dictator for a day means 24 hours... so no long term policies would be possible. So, if I were crowned "MADMAC the 1st", king of the planet for one day, this is what I would do:

1. Everyone on planet MADMAC would have to do one selfless thing for two other people.
2. NO Miley Cyrus on ANY radio or other playback, world wide, for 24 hours.
3. CNN will air every episode of the "Red Green Show" for 24 hours...
4. Canadian Provinces will become U.S States... to make the U.S. more polite and for the hockey prospects. And the beer, eh...
5. ANY killing in the name of a religion or government will be banned. Anyone killing another human on MADMAC day will be subjected to watching the movie "Gigli" endlessly!
6. If my day should happen to be a Saturday in the fall, WVU WILL WIN that day! (With my luck... a bye week)
7. EVERY politician on Earth will write a confession of every crooked thing they ever did, and submit it to ATS. The Clintons and Bushes are somewhat exempt... my 24 hour reign isn't nearly long enough to get through all of that.
8. Mimes and clowns would be permitted to be shot or trapped... no explanation needed.
9. AREA 51 would be opened for tourists and investigators... as would the HAARP facility.
10. FINALLY all who read my post must submit a star as a karma tax...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That doesn't mean God supports you in making bad choices.

You lungs job is to fill you body with fresh air.

& animals lives matter.
edit on 1-11-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Oh boy I'm glad it isn't today, I spent my last star ration for today in another thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Support or not, He didn't create you to dictate what people choose to do to their own bodies.
That's my business on Judgement Day.

Yes, animal lives matter, humans are animals, therefore, get in my belly!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

Oh boy I'm glad it isn't today, I spent my last star ration for today in another thread.

I hooked ya up with one... just on principle

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Star for number 9!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What you do in your body or out of your body has consequences though Charlie. And the consequences are usually perceivable and instantaneous. But choosing to follow the circus and remain ignorant of those consequences is yet another choice. A dangerous one at that, which is why I would step in as benevolent dictator and pass those laws. Not because I'm a control freak, because I want to improve the quality of life for people (and animals).

We are all being judged all the time for our actions. I don't believe in a judgement day, judgement is continual.
edit on 1-11-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join