It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retrofitting a pressure sewer system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
HI all,

How hard would it be to have a pressure sewer such as this www.ecoflow.co.nz... retrofitted between the sewer line running under my house and the main sewer line which runs across the lawn?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

Why do you need this kind of system?

Sorry, edit to add, if you require a pressure system then the grinder part is really only beneficial if you're feeding a septic system.
edit on 11/1/15 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/15 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Sorry, edit to add, if you require a pressure system then the grinder part is really only beneficial if you're feeding a septic system.

Asking because they're installed at the new Millwater Residential Development and the Auckland Council might try and mandate that older homes have them retrofitted so there's not a constant inflow into the sewer allowing the sewer system to cope with the expanding population of Auckland and i wouldn't be surprised if the council tried to do that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiracyskeptic

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Asking because they're installed at the new Millwater Residential Development and the Auckland Council might try and mandate that older homes have them retrofitted so there's not a constant inflow into the sewer allowing the sewer system to cope with the expanding population of Auckland and i wouldn't be surprised if the council tried to do that.

I can't speak for local ordinances since I do not work for the local health authority. A grinder should not be of any benefit to the municipality unless there is an issue with grading the pipes. If you are connected to city sewer the only benefit of a grinder is to eliminate the need for a 1/8 to 1/4 grade for the pipes feeding it. In most municipalities they don't care if your pipes are not properly graded because you are responsible for the connection until it hits the city sewer. Aussie rules might be completely different so I can't speak to that. I can tell you that the science behind waste water treatment does not really indicate that a grinder will help much unless the municipality has an issue with maintaining appropriate grade or if the municipality doesn't want to grind the waste themselves. A proper waste water treatment plant should address all the issues a grinder would.

In the US, in my experience, if there is an issue with grade they simply put the sewer system higher and require a lift station for people to connect. I think your best bet in this situation is to a) keep a keen eye on local codes and b) talk to a licensed local installer to see what any new laws would require of you.

If they are concerned about flows during peak time then a grinder would not be required, rather a timed pump. The requirement of a grinder would be more indicative of an impaired system. If it's just avoiding peak flow at certain hours a 250 gallon pump system should be sufficient... or a retrofitted 1500 gallon capacity tank, which could include adding tank space and a pump.
edit on 11/5/15 by Ksihkehe because: Added to include the last portion about a timed pump.

top topics

join