It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK universities to ban feminists and conservatives to avoid offending Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
JIHAD WATCH
Exposing the role that Islamic jihad theology and ideology play in the modern global conflicts UK universities to ban feminists and conservatives to avoid offending Muslims

www.jihadwatch.org...
OCTOBER 30, 2015 7:33 AM BY ROBERT SPENCER

"It is clear who the new ruling political class in Britain is. First the Cameron government banned foreign counter-jihadists from entering the country. Now they are silencing domestic voices of dissent. British authorities seem determined to stifle legitimate debate about their immigration policies and stance toward the jihad threat, and to keep their country on the path to chaos and civil war.

“Greer ban at university ‘is to seem fair to Muslims’: Vince Cable warns feminists and right-wingers will be censored to prove institutions are not ‘anti-Islamic,'” by Eleanor Harding, Daily Mail, October 28, 2015 (thanks to The Religion of Peace)"..

The article continues:

"Universities will ban feminists, Right-wing politicians and other controversial speakers to appear fair on Muslims, Vince Cable has warned.

The ex-business secretary said the Prevent strategy would make institutions feel compelled to censor all ‘extreme’ views to prove that they are not ‘anti-Islamic’.

Under the Government’s counter-terror drive, universities have a duty to monitor students for signs of ‘non-violent extremism’ and block hate preachers."

Follow the link: www.jihadwatch.org...

Personally, I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments..it seems like it is now or never--
edit on 1-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.1.2015 by Kandinsky because: Added ex-tags

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

You're just trying to be funny? Seriously? Who'd believe that?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh wow, rofl!! You know you will only be frustrated if you keep up with ideals that are gone since the 18th century.. You want me to welcome you into the 21th century? A hug? Show some love and tolerance, the intolerance will sort it self out the trash bin..

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments..it seems like it is now or never--

Somehow I think you just earned a red flag, good job!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Perhaps Rothschild and the Saudi Sheiks had a game of poker and Rothschild put Britain on the table? No need to say the outcome of the game. (Sorry, had to put that joke in).

I don't believe all this stuff. The natives are just getting paranoid and wildly exaggerating and distorting facts to scare people so they, too, will join the cause. Personally, I have no affiliations. As long as my head is not chopped off and I can worship my God in peace the humans can sort it out among themselves. People are people. I don't like violent extremism, no matter from where it comes. That is my enemy.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Do you have a source that isn't a total Islamophobe? Robert Spencer is as bad as Pamela Geller who England wouldn't even let into their country to spew her hate.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

People are people. I don't like violent extremism, no matter from where it comes. That is my enemy.

I like that. It's pretty💄

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can't really stand the hard-core feminists, but how can a group of people that want more freedom and basic human rights for their gender 'offend' Muslims? I don't need to be 'protected' from views that are contrary to my beliefs. In fact, I prefer to be challenged in order to grow as a human being. It is entirely necessary that we allow open discussion...especially on the campuses of our institutions of higher learning.

This should be offensive to anyone on ATS for the basic reason that we all come here to be challenged by those of opposing viewpoint. We must be vigilant to protect our freedom of speech or is this not a right that is protected in England and other European Countries?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't buy it for a minute.
The National Union of Students would be up in arms about it, and a quick look at their News page shows nothing: www.nus.org.uk...

Yep, just sensationalist rubbish from 'JihadWatch' is all I see.
Lame

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Robert Spencer was also banned from our fine country.

He was to appear with his partner in crime Geller at a rally held by the English Defence League.

2 guesses what sort of organisation they are...

Racist?

Got it in one.

This is just lies disguising his sour grapes that we are a tolerant nation that ban the intolerant from our shores.
Hate speech doesn't fly here...

& we can still say whatever the hell we like.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We don't have a label for our free speech like the 1st...

But everything flies here...

Except the obvious FIRE or BOMB etc.

Same old same old.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Personally, I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments.

Maybe change your sources then, both your post are just people spouting wild speculation based on zero facts.
edit on stSun, 01 Nov 2015 13:57:13 -0600America/Chicago1120151380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For those who think this kind of thing wont happen, you're in for a shock.
I've posted this before in another thread but it seems pertinent to this thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

it seems like it is now or never--

What does that mean exactly?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Your source is way off the mark, the inclusion of Germaine Greer is probably because she has been 'uninvited' from taking part in a university debate because her view of transgender women (basically she doesn't accept them as 'real women') is not something that the students in that particular university agree with. Interesting idea isn't it, banning people from a debate because you don't agree with them?

Anyhow, because you clearly can't be bothered to validate your own op, perhaps this will help - and next time, look a bit deeper, that's what deny ignorance is all about.....

www.newstatesman.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
Personally, I keep sensing this deadness in the air and deadness in the silence as I keep coming across these types of informations and political developments..it seems like it is now or never--

I've learned my lesson. I've been threatened with bans or my replies removed for giving my true opinions on these subjects which do not agree with the bleeding hearts. While mine are labeled racist or bigoted, I've received personal attacks on here from a select few members who seem to be immune from abiding by T & Cs. So if your not on the progressive side of the Muslim/European or the Palestinian/Israeli issues, you're scorned and marginalized. And if your source doesn't fit the liberal agenda, it will be labeled biased and all the writers are labeled Islamophobes. Read this reply quickly as I'm sure it will be removed. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Maybe some want that, doesn't mean it will happen.
I want everybody to call me Queen of the Milkyway and OBEY!
See? Doesn't happen....

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Metallicus

We don't have a label for our free speech like the 1st...

But everything flies here...

Except the obvious FIRE or BOMB etc.

Same old same old.

Got it.

I don't want to make assumptions that you have the same rights across the pond that we do in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ain't gonna happen fella, I'd advise against reading too much of that JihadWatch site and listening to whatever fringe elements of the Islamic faith are spouting.

Show me an example of something becoming even close to a reality outside of exclusively faith based centres of education and I might be interested, but right now I think such claims are a bit silly.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Maybe some want that, doesn't mean it will happen.
I want everybody to call me Queen of the Milkyway and OBEY!
See? Doesn't happen....

Hey Queen of The Milky Way, your wish is my command.

See, it does happen. Lol! I'm sure you are...that is for being nice to me! Thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join