It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starring and Flagging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's my problem...it is really more annoying than anything.

I'm reading a thread that I like, I go back up to the top and try to flag it.
Nothing.
I try again...then again...then it finally appears that I have "flagged" it and then I go out and go back to read replies and my "flag" is gone. Maybe I "clicked" it too many times?
Same with stars...it's almost like I have to click the star and hold it down a couple of times before "it takes".

Is it just me? Or my computer? It doesn't necessarily happen on my phone all of the time...

It's just an annoyance and maybe it is the way it is but, I thought I would see if anyone thinks it is something that I'm doing wrong...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I think it is a little lag. I find that I have already flagged it and forgot. I click it again and the flag becomes not a solid color. I click it again and it says 'failed'. I have to refresh to reflag it.

As for stars, I do find I have to try a couple of times lately.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well, at least it's not me and you are right, it seems different lately.

I don't recall it being THIS HARD to star and flag before...

Maybe TPTB just want us TO BE SURE that is what we want to do. LOL!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have this issue but am often zoomed in, I find if I give a god ammount of space between the flag/star and the top of the page then it works better.

Not sure if this helps.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

of space between the flag/star and the top of the page then it works better.

By "space" do you mean distance/time?

Like I'm doing them too fast?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I just flagged and starred a thread and it worked perfectly...no lag...

I wonder if it has something to do with site traffic?

Thanks for the help!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have the same problem. Thought it was just me. It happened to me after the last big update to the site. There's a lag with stars, flags, quoting a post and looking at a post from a link.

For example, When I hit the quote button in a thread, an empty reply box comes up. I have to wait a LONG time for the quoted text to show up in the box.

Also, when a reply contains this: "a reply to: TNMockingbird", (as in my post here) when I click on the link, it takes forever to see the post related to the reply.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You can give a flag, and take it back.

So if you click twice during lag you have taken your flag back, the same if you click 4 times.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You are not alone in this conundrum.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

YESSSSS!!!

I get confused when replying/quoting...
Like I "lose" the quote and then reply and I'm like "hang on I'm NOT DONE"!!!!!

I think I know what you mean!

:/

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have the same problem, I think it is just a little lag, probably a glitch in the program somewhere.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
You can give a flag, and take it back.

So if you click twice during lag you have taken your flag back, the same if you click 4 times.

That is correct! an 'empty' flag icon, will indicate a non-awarded status, an all green or white flag icon will show you have given a flag..

Just one other thing, if you are quoting or replying...whatever, make sure the icon button turns white, if it doesn't scroll the page down a little to centre, and try again, that's something I have to do all the time.
edit on 1-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Here's my problem...it is really more annoying than anything.

I'm reading a thread that I like, I go back up to the top and try to flag it.
Nothing.
I try again...then again...then it finally appears that I have "flagged" it and then I go out and go back to read replies and my "flag" is gone. Maybe I "clicked" it too many times?
Same with stars...it's almost like I have to click the star and hold it down a couple of times before "it takes".

Is it just me? Or my computer? It doesn't necessarily happen on my phone all of the time...

It's just an annoyance and maybe it is the way it is but, I thought I would see if anyone thinks it is something that I'm doing wrong...

While your at it, where do I find the stars and the flags if I want to award them ???

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I hope it is ok to read the threads and not provide the stars and flags. I do not see to have any to give right now.

join