It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalFire

But i like the idea of a collective consciousness. Who says our mind doesn't have three layers, the awareness, subconscience and a collective/species/mamal bit?
The idea is also not really new and it surely would help, as you stated in your op, if we were aware of eachother more, we would treat eachother nicer.
Jung believed sthg similiar exists, that's good enough for me.
And mice inherit the learned behaviour of their parents.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalFire
When I talk about "collective consciousness" i am refering to everyone tapping into the source/energy around us. I was wrong in stating "collective" because there is only one counciousness. What i am trying to get at here is.. I am trying to give everyone the tool to tap into the whole.

Vague and contradictory.

What everyone is tapping into is not the whole?

Even if it exists, you are not giving anyone anything. Thousands have shared this very idea and it makes no difference in peoples lives.
edit on 2-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You are the dreamer and the dream - why do you have to tap into the whole? The 'whole' is not something which is achievable - it just has to be realized.
The video posted does not mention that the world has to wake up. Nothing has to change - everything is already a perfect expression of wholeness.
This is the video posted in the OP;

What you are basically deep deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and structure of existence itself - Alan Watts.
No one has to treat anyone nicer - no one has to be better.
If this is really got - then why do you have to worry about the human species or the planet??

edit on 2-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yeah i agree. I believe I approached this the wrong way. Having to convince someone to change or alter their beliefs would not accomplish anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here is a beautiful talk by Alan Watts.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Alan Watts is great but I have to admit I go to sleep anytime someone tells me to wake up.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: somnum
Alan Watts is great but I have to admit I go to sleep anytime someone tells me to wake up.

Haha you must be hearing it a lot I take it

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalFire

What were we talking about?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

hah, yeah ok.
I will not tell you how to live or what to belief! Each individual has to figure out what works best for him. Loves knows no religion, gender, nationality or any other concept or symbol!
You seem to think that those religions I listed are based on beliefs? how foolish, if that is the depth of your knowledge then lack of research is showing...

Beliefs are even of no importance...experience is, you seem to be missing the point entirely!?

Life the way you want and respect others. I can do that no matter what they believe and respect their opinion, because we are all brothers and sisters, but that does not mean I have to agree with it!
edit on 14465188171146November4611463015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
Life the way you want and respect others. I can do that no matter what they believe and respect their opinion, because we are all brothers and sisters, but that does not mean I have to agree with it!

That is your belief. You are the one who said that people should set their beliefs aside. To do what? To "Live the way you want and respect others"?

You don't see how that is just you wanting others to live by your belief?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

what kinda reverse psychology crap is this?!

hahah

yeah ok, have it your way!

but since you asked. Beliefs are just imagination. So it is best, when you start to meditate that you put them aside and let your unconsciousness do the action. Now, when I say unconsciousness, I could say atman, soul, the mind, inner guru. See so many words, all from different bielefs!
This just get in the way to the complete silence, which is the desired state for the beginning level of meditation!
The less you are concious more deep you are in meditation. Well this is kinda wired explanation, but I think it is understandable

But that is just my advice to anyone, who wants to start to meditate. It is far from putting beliefs in your head. You mast gain your own beliefs based on your experiences!

All else is just imagination, and that is just ok. But in meditation it is best to be empty and without expectations or you can get caught into mind traps.
edit on 14465860401127November2711273015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

what kinda reverse psychology crap is this?!

No reverse psychology. The word belief has a meaning.

but since you asked.

It was rhetorical.

Beliefs are just imagination. So it is best,...

You start out saying beliefs are just imagination then, elaborate on your own.
edit on 3-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

YES, because I believe if all people meditated a word would be a lot nicer!

you got me!!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

YES, because I believe if all people meditated a word would be a lot nicer!

you got me!!

How does that change what I posted?

You think people should set aside their beliefs and take up yours.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

that is your interpretation of my words, but my meaning was totally lost in translation to you it seems.

First post was an advice in a form of an answer to your rhetorical question. It was not meant as belief. Second post is just me admitting to your accusations because I find it funny that you find it so important to think that I desire to change anyone beliefs even after saying that everyone should get them on their own, but with experience, rather then blind faith!

I will not participate any more, unless you have something of substance to add or ask or say.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

that is your interpretation of my words, but my meaning was totally lost in translation to you it seems.

I was just pointing out how you were contradicting yourself.

First post was an advice in a form of an answer to your rhetorical question. It was not meant as belief. Second post is just me admitting to your accusations because I find it funny that you find it so important to think that I desire to change anyone beliefs even after saying that everyone should get them on their own, but with experience, rather then blind faith!

What if their experience is different than yours?

It's all belief. You may not mean it that way but, that is what it is to others.

You can keep claiming that they don't get it because it gets lost in translation but the truth is that their experience, even with meditation, can be different than yours.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

oh that was your point!

Look, that is great. What matters is that you actually have some experience, because it is hard to even get it for some due to constant mind chatter, because of the imagination, it is the fuel for the mind! First you must kill your imagination, than silence comes. If you are not thinking, than there is silence, yes? This is not easy, until you get to this point, you are not even meditating. And many people can't even get that far!

But experience will be something of value only to you and you have to get some meaning out of it on your own. This is personal stuff. In some schools is even prohibit to talk about them, because imagination will have some external inputs that way and not your own. So you see, what matters most is your own thinking and intent. You are the POW of your universe and your imagination!

The more micro and abstract your thinking gets more things will be clear to you and more you will be able to explain and realize the truth for yourself.

But you know what is funny? When you experience something and start to research about it, you will find out that many people have the same thing and that there are even books about it.
And when you read books about astral words, energy, chakra or prana,...you will get personal experience of all of that and much more on your own and it will tell you something personal, because these stuff is based around thoughts and feelings. So spirituality for me is constant learning about myself and while you do that the belief system is evolving along the way to!

Change is constant, until you get to self realization until you are that constant

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

And many people can't even get that far!

Actually this was my point.

You can't tell people that there is proof if you can't show it to them or even tell them how to get to it, reliably.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

silence!

that is the way.

it is to simple to recognize. but it is what it is!

DEFINITION of meditation is just being. And thinking is not being, it is thinking. So it is reliable, it is 100%

The problem is that people can not shut up, if they could be silent for 20 minutes they would feel the difference. It is a thing you must do on your own, nobody can be silent for you!? How can I show you silence??
edit on 14465969711129November2911293015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

silence!

that is the way.

it is to simple to recognize. but it is what it is!

There is no guarantee that they will get there.

It is a thing you must do on your own, nobody can be silent for you!? How can I show you silence??

You can't, that is why you can't say that you have proof.

When two parties are in a discussion and one affirms a claim that the other disputes, the one who affirms has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join