It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
We are so caught up in the "self identity" now of days. The world is full of hatred and violence as well as greed and egotism. We need to get in touch with the true self.. the collective self. In order to survive as a human species on this planet.. a shift in perspective is needed.

I leave you with this video.. a lecture by Alan Watts. Perhaps on of my favorite philosophers.

Ps. Sorry if this subject has been posted in the past.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalFire

It's obvious to me that we lack guidance.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I believe this should be introduced to you as a youngster and taught throughout grade school. It's like a loophole because we are taught by everyone around us that we are something we're not. Taught that there is only "You, I & everyone else" which is false. Self is an illusion and was instilled into us at a very young age. As a collective we could break the cycle that teaches our young ones that "we are only who we are in body, mind & spirit", when in fact we are so much more than that. This would in fact put an end to war against one another, and once you realize that you are connected & one with everything.. You will then understand true love & peace.

For what was once lost is now found.

edit on 1-11-2015 by EternalFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You think we lack guidance? Guidance from where - today we are getting guidance from so many religious people who think they have a rod rod to god up their backsides. I respectfully disagree with you because I think we have had far too much guidance from the religious into various factions which teach muck like:

people who aren't born into 'our faith' are monkeys to be exploited.

people who won't convert need to be exterminated or their women put into brothels for the pious to work out their sexual frustrations on.

We also have the media pushing trash celebrities onto us with such gauche values its embarrassing.

Then we have the products of our political systems - often with a good dose of religious support and action, giving us some of the most self-satisfied and base set of politicians we have ever had in the world I suspect.

The result of this is a building keg of fury which is going to blow if we don't muzzle the hatred and self interest going on that appears to be the only form of archetype the world's media is projecting onto all of us.

Fortunately I believe sincerely in the goodness of people and have seen people of different factions and cultures helping each other out and I hope this aspect of our humanity will rise to our aid - there is precious little on the horizon if we don't help ourselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree with randyvs!

What you mentioned is not right guidance and it never could be but it is unfortunately the most prevalent in modern society. And yes, I even agree with you, this is not guidance to happiness but suffering! We can see where it brought us.

You will not find right guidance in TV, radio or public religious leader (maybe some are genuine but to rare unfortunately). So basically where most people today try to find and learn something new.

True love does not know:
- time
- animal or human or plant - type?
- shape
- taste
- religion!!

we need guidance so we can learn and FEEL what true love is. And saints like Jesus, Buddha, Rumi and many many others have shown us the way and many still do but they are far far away from mainstream! And we have forgotten the teachings or they were perverted for egoistic or material gain.

But as things stands today, this teaching would be lost on majoraty and it would be of no use. Don't throw pearls to pigs kind of thing, I think

We are getting more materialistic day by day and this brings only hatred and suffering for others on this planet. So when we will shed our material skin out of shackles of current material systems only then this growth will be possible.

The timing is very important and until our system collapses totally there probably won't be a chance for a raise of global conciousness because people are not ready to accept true love. This is hard to type because if its true our future is a lot more darker than it is already and a lot more of suffering will be going on, on this planet. But we are to foolish and we don't start to listen and learn otherwise. Why??

“Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.”
― Rumi

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Agreed!!

We are not a drop in the ocean... We are the ocean in a drop.

-Rumi

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Alan watts always gets a star and flag from me. I think I must have seen every lecture and video by Alan watts. My phone is full of audiobooks from Alan.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

You think we lack guidance?

It's obvious.

Guidance from where

Well if we had a choice we should hope for someone far more
intelligent than ourselves. Someone righteous and trustworthy who
always speaks the truth so that the " We " that OP speaks wisely of
in his OP. Is suddenly the only thing that can happen as this guide
would simply be an oracle to us. Making the absolute truth easily
accessable. About anything. No more, back to the drawing board,
no more theory or speculation. Guess work sucks.
edit on Ram110115v14201500000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Personally I think believing what we have been taught or what we read is exactly the problem.

We are lazy. We don't take the time to find out what is truth or even to validate what someone else tells you, as long as enough people agree on a particular belief, you are stupid, unable to deny ignorance, or obtuse, unless you go alone with the the consensus.

If you point out the Emperor has on no clothes, then off with your head.

We don't "know" anything, it is all a good guess, until we stumble on more information, then it is a rewriting of the education manuals.

We have global information at our fingertips, we are on information overload, yet we are not wiser.

We don't need to teach our children to accept what someone says or what is written as gospel. We need to teach them to question everything until they find their truth. We need to teach then critical thinking and how to speak the language of the planet.

Every Earthling has the ability to tap into their core being and to connect with each othet and the source. We were taught to disconnect, to put our truth and our faith in someone else. We were willing to sell our souls for ease, comfort, and lies.

We need to learn to control the hive mind. We need to learn how to use it as a collective without losing our individual self. It won't be easy to relearn the language. You will have to return to being a child before the Earth will be able to speak to you again.

As the OP says. We have to wake up.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yes indeed, but to add to your title "It is always time to wake up!"

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's definitely time to wake up and realize that hatred, violence, greed and egotism have existed since the beginning of human existence. It's time for reality to set in that as fallible humans, we're not capable of saving ourselves for eternity. That was never the long term plan to begin with.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yep, divide and conquer. Instead of teaching us what we all have in common on the inside, we are taught and bombarded with what makes us different on the outside. We are all part of the greater whole, the greater whole in part. We all share this world, we are all a part of it and what one person does can affect many other people. If we were not connected in some way, that would not be the case but it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let's all meet at the South pole and work it out. Oh yeah, not allowed to go there.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wake up to what you are.
Don't expect the world to wake up - it is made of dream stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Collectivism homogenizes individuality for the sake of promoting a collective, which is a fatal error, because collectives are made up of individuals.

No, we are not connected and "one with everything". So many people repeat this platitude but have no way of proving to themselves or others that it is in any way true. Some facts are demonstrably true, but banalities such as those repeated by collectivists are thought true purely because they have been repeated so many times.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How many bodies do you have? Just one right? Yet your one body has many parts that make it what it is. We are just different parts of the one universal body. Anything you do can and will have an effect on someone or something else, everything is connected by being part of the one universe.

No, there are no literal strings that are strung between you and I, but we are still somehow able to exchange thoughts from hundreds or even thousands of miles apart. That implies a connection of some sort, even if we are speaking face to face.
edit on 11/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We are one universal body. Our "mind" makes us believe we are seperate from everything else. We need to put mind aside and reconnect with the "source". The source is intellegent and it is aware.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That video is a three parter.. Thought I would just get to the nitty gritty.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

We all have a "mind" for a reason and you're naive if you think there's ever going to be a time on this earth where there's enough "collective thought" to put an end to wars against one another. Your age is showing.

edit on 1-11-2015 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I am not naive. I just have faith in "us". No man left behind kida deal here. My age has nothing to do with the information I am sharing. Age is a state of mind.. Something you are still holding onto dearly it seems but that is ok. Again what you said there.. Is the exactly the issue I am trying to cover here. We all have a mind yes.. but letting it get in the way is something we all need to start taking control of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join