It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school suspends coach for praying at games and Satanists make an appearance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Simple. He can just pray, and anyone who wants to can join. He isnt leading anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Simple. He can just pray, and anyone who wants to can join. He isnt leading anyone.

Actually, he can't. The students can, but faculty can't.

It shows preference which can create division.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If he is there quiet, what religion is he giving preference to?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Its not allowed.

Faculty can not pray with students.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
That Apperintly is a good thing? I'm sure English "courts" would've "won" against, George Washington, for at least,... jay walking? Guys in black robes and wigs say a lot of things.... Yawwn! There is right, wrong and "law". Grow a spine.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
That Apperintly is a good thing? I'm sure English "courts" would've "won" against, George Washington, for at least,... jay walking? Guys in black robes and wigs say a lot of things.... Yawwn! There is right, wrong and "law". Grow a spine.

Have no idea what you are talking about. Try staying in the present.

It is unconstitutional for a teacher to participate in or with students praying.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Yes, thank you for proving the point.

It was about not letting majority rule and if a minority has an issue then it can't be trampled.

You'd be also hard pressed to find, another nation on earth that puts up with such commie "minority" drivel than US. And doesn't boot thier unthankful butts into the sea.

Not really, you do know we are not the only civilized country right? Love that you want to preach about a republic and then talk about a commie minority. Sounds like you think the majority should take action against them...
Is that how a republic works?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I replied to your "seculars keep winning in courts" comment. As if your/that statement was some great thing to be proud of. How about you not play stupid a keep up with the present?

Where is it "unconstitutional" for teachers to pray with students? Federal or State Constitution? What part of the COTUS says that? Or is there a new Constitution the rest of us don't know about?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Its not allowed.

He wouldn't be, and you had no answer to my question. Let me know when you can answer my question.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If he is there quite then yes that is fine,but that isn't the case now is it?

Would you be ok any religions prayer being lead by teachers/coaches in schools?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Don't be silly. A/our Republic protects the minority from the majority. Proof is? Apparently the majority loved BO. We've had him for his two terms. And I know, he didn't get his bucket list accomplished. Our system still works for now. He's done some damage, but nothing that can't be undone. God Bless the Republic and our COTUS!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Two parts: will not establish / will not prohibit.

The only way for government to do both these things simultaneously is to stay out of religion completely.

Read James Madison aka the Father of the Constitution:

Ye States of America, which retain in your Constitutions or Codes, any aberration from the sacred principle of religious liberty, by giving to Caesar what belongs to God, or joining together what God has put asunder, hasten to revise & purify your systems, and make the example of your Country as pure & compleat, in what relates to the freedom of the mind and its allegiance to its maker, as in what belongs to the legitimate objects of political & civil institutions.

Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion & Govt in the Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history.

James Madison - Detached Memoranda
edit on 1Sun, 01 Nov 2015 01:01:40 -050015p0120151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If he is there quite then yes that is fine,but that isn't the case now is it?

Would you be ok any religions prayer being lead by teachers/coaches in schools?

My response was what he should do is be there quietly and not lead a prayer.

I would be perfectly fine as long as it was not mandatory. Lawfully, he can be there, he just can't lead the prayer. we agree on that.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Its not allowed.

He wouldn't be, and you had no answer to my question. Let me know when you can answer my question.

Can you name one time we've had this issue that was not Christian prayer.

Other then this rebuttal by Temple of Satan.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Its not allowed.

Logical fallacy. I asked a question, you can answer it or ignore it, your call. What you can't do is use logical fallacies.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That doesn't explain "separation of church and state". He was talking to governments of states. Not the voters/people. You think he was telling the people to set thier mind free of belief/moral foundation? I'm willing to bet James never imagined America would grow to such a reprobate nation, with such "intolerance" of "freedom of mind"...If he did? He wouldn't have wrote this, this way, to be used by folks he no doubt, would've had absolute contempt for. Libs should never use or quote the founders. If the founders were alive today. Nobody would ever know what a "gay pride" parade was about. Only because freedom was not a license for immorality.
edit on 1-11-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80
Don't be silly. A/our Republic protects the minority from the majority. Proof is? Apparently the majority loved BO. We've had him for his two terms. And I know, he didn't get his bucket list accomplished. Our system still works for now. He's done some damage, but nothing that can't be undone. God Bless the Republic and our COTUS!

Exactly. Our Constitutional Republic protects the non-Christian minority from the Christian majority.

Government officials, including teachers and coaches, do not pray Christian prayers while on County or City time on County or City property. Not even if every one of the students, teachers, administrators, and parents agree to do so.

To do anything else is to spit on the Constitution and trample it underfoot.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The only way for government to do both these things simultaneously is to stay out of religion completely.

Like I said earlier, the 'government' has nothing to do with it...

And staying out of religion is the very LAST thing those in power care about.

In fact, they use religion to their own advantage by using infiltration and manipulation.

The world is in the malignant grip of a satanic cult. ~ Henry Makow Ph.D.

originally posted by: Kang69

The Cult of Baal Never Disappeared

Although the observance of these rituals was sometimes condemned by religious movements, it never truly disappeared.

“The religion of the god Baal was widely accepted among the ancient Jews, and although it was put down at times, it was never permanently stamped out. Kings and other royalty of the ten Biblical tribes worshiped the god.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Its not allowed.

Logical fallacy. I asked a question, you can answer it or ignore it, your call. What you can't do is use logical fallacies.

Tedious.

We know this coach is Christian. He is now suing. DONE

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

That doesn't explain "separation of church and state". He was talking to governments of states. Not the voters/people. You think he was telling the people to set thier mund free of belief/moral foundation? I'm willing to bet James never imagined America would grow to such a reprobate nation, with such "intolerance" of "freedom of mind"...If he did? He wouldn't have wrote this, this way, to be used by folks he no doubt, would've had absolute contempt for. Libs should never use or quote the founders. If the founders were alive today. Nobody would ever know what a "gay pride" parade was about. Only because freedom was not a license for immorality.

Perhaps you didn't read what I linked: let's try the relevant part again.

Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion & Govt in the Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history.

I'm not interested in your attempt to move the conversation to "setting their minds free of belief/moral foundation."

I'm not interested in your opinion that the United States is "reprobate."

In fact, the Separation of Church and State as explained by both James Madison AND Thomas Jefferson was established PRECISELY FOR THE PURPOSE of protecting the People's freedom of religion.

I'm not interested in your paltry interpretation of Madison's words.

I'm not interested that you wish to silence Americans that you consider "libs"

Given your interpretation of the Constitution, and those of Madison and Jefferson, I'll go with the latter.

PS: Are you kidding about gay pride? With those wigs and hose? The Founders would be just fabulous!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join