It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics is it possible to discover Psychic abilities later in life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I never had dyslexia lately.

a reply to: UniFinity

I confess I really want to believe that everyone have the gift but the problem it's hard to believe. My argument against this if everyone has the gift then those who will use it for negative reasons will destroy the world.

Besides there are some who wanted these abilities yet they can never have them.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Balancing is one of the things nature does best! So don't worry, nobody will destroy the world with superpowers...well lets hope so, hehe

Everyone may not have the same abilities but we each have a few talents and a few rough edges. Life is about figuring what is what and working on them in the best way possible. Not hurting anyone is a good rule of a thumb

This is my simple farmer logic.

If you continue to meditate and follow a spiritual path (belief in god is not a requirement!), a lot more things will unfold into your conciousness, so this is a great motivator for you to get you started if you are interested...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So you saying the gifts manifest in different ways? Like one person has the gift of being a medium while another has the gift of precognition?

And what you saying is that everyone has the gift in some degree but there are a few who can go further with it?

edit on 1-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Energy based abilities like Psychic abilities are not an on/off thing from my point of view but individual abilities that soul can have and develop if they chose to walk that path. Every soul has ability to improve what they can do.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

hm...
try to think about it like talents for sports. This is the same, just different area. I believe we can all learn everything. Talent will only help to make stuff easier for you, but hard work and practice always pays of at the end.

Talent or not.

But every power comes with a price and spiritual powers are no different. Don't abuse them, don't use them for hurting others in any way and that is pretty much it.

They are not the point, they are distraction. But that only relates to one who has desire for spiritual progress, because they enhance feeling of being special and that strengthen the ego which is totally opposite of what spiritual man seeks.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

True. A amagydala fear overload is a perfect example of an awareness highening trauma that removes one of the safety valves in the body.

Both Buddha and Yeshua seem to have had their own version of this event as many other souls also have.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: dreamingawake

Do you have any theory on why mine simply rebounded? I mean I live in a society were such things were frown upon.

As you mention, a dream triggered it. It could be precognitive. I have those off and on when younger I didn't I didn't believe in them. Also, I've heard cases relate it to from a loss in the family, to divorce to a recent move triggering it.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So is mine an unusual event? I mean a lot of people when unlocking their gifts are either born with, had it through a traumatic event, or worked hard to get it.

I mean it's not all the time a dream would trigger long suppressed gifts.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

hey why not?

when it comes to spiritual powers there is no limitations. Because from spiritual prospective dreams and reality are probably... not what you think they are ehehe

...but that is for you to find out for yourself through experience, but only if you want it...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I actually like to learn more about my abilities so I can to people whenever I can.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I've read quickly through the thread. I have to say, decide your own beliefs. Don't listen to people trying to scare you away from these spiritual gifts especially.

I think what is happening here is your Religion was holding you back. I had a similar experience. I was raised Catholic and as soon as I started researching astrotheology and letting go of my belief system I started having amazing experiences as well.

I think the problem is modern Religion is used to hold people back from their true potential. When you start allowing psychic experiences to happen and not denying them because of your belief system, the experiences happen more and more.

Religion is belief system that stops your mind dead in its tracks. Lose the belief system and gain your minds freedom.

Also the more you meditate the stronger your abilities become. Spirituality is about exercising dormant parts of your consciousness. So the more you practice, through visualization, feelings, and meditation, the stronger that part of your mind becomes.

You become psychic, empathic, you feel others thoughts and energy, you have lucid dreams and astral projections, your focused intentions become much easier attained, you start to manifest your own reality, you see syncrenicities happening more and they actually mean things to you.
Even if all of that sounds like bs to most people, there have been many studies now that have proven meditation to have huge health benefits.
Not only does it improve your psychological well being by reducing stress, anxiety, addiction, and depression. But it has been proven that it structurally changes the brain, it creates new circuits for neurons to talk to each other.

And if your intentions are to help people, i think these "side effects" only happen faster.

I don't understand why people are so afraid of spirituality... It is all about peace and being one and helping others, and reaching your full potential, the opposite of religion, which only causes separation.
edit on 1-11-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

But aren't there those would use their gifts for bad?

And what about Post Religious Nations like the European nations? I mean religion isn't popular there anymore yet a large percentage of their population didn't develop Psychic Abilities.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

yes there are those who use them for bad. I actually think there a black magicians behind the scenes who use their abilities to gain power over others.

I consider atheism a religion even. Republican, democrat a religion, mainstream science a religion, evolution a religion, the big bang theory a religion. They are all basically belief systems that hinder your ability to think any further than what is supposedly "fact".

These awakening can be triggered by a lot of different things. Religion is just a mental block in the way of opening up your spiritual abilities. There are many other mental blocks that must also be let go of in order to have these types of experiences. Even if you are already having these experiences you will find that you will constantly be dropping mental blockages that no longer serve you along the way.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I tend to agree with what you said here but I can say that while engaging in those activities willfully or not you can be attacked by negative forces. I was in bed one night a few years back and was repeatedly about 10 times of waking up and going back to sleep attacked in a dream and another being showed up and helped me out in the end effectively bailing me out.
I had said prayers and used sage and sweet grass and it still attacked after that but my prayer was indeed heard. Just be confident in your own abilities and force for good just never be afraid to ask for help from a higher power whatever that may be called for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

You gotta remember you are the higher power in those situations. Calling on another higher power is only an aspect of your own mind coming to save you.

I used to have nightmares non stop as a kid. Every single night i would be attacked or something bad would happen. Once i realized i was in complete control of my dream, I had complete control over the being attacking me.

I was literally a small 9 year old kid being attacked by what i thought were giant monsters and demons in my dreams. When i learned how to lucid dream, whenever i started getting attacked, i realized i was in control and i could do whatever i want to the monster or demon. They no longer had any power to scare me.

Trust me, if you get rid of the fear and know that you are in complete control, nothing can harm you.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thats good to know then, The being told me "don't do anything" and I instantly realized the more fear, struggle and distress I gave in to the more that thing was feeding on it so I just calmed down and that dream finally ended.

The thing that got me so afraid was that I was in control to a large degree just having fun in a dream but the thing actually managed to drug me or something is the only way I could describe it. I was incapacitated in the dream for a few rounds but when I got out of that state the scenery would change dramatically and the attack would still continue.

First and hopefully last time that ever happens.
edit on 2-11-2015 by stabstab because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

I know what you mean. sometimes the dream will start to feel sluggish and like your drunk or something.

What works for me is grounding myself, focus on breathing in energy and taking deep breaths, just know the attacker can't hurt you, you have a perfectly healthy physical body waiting for you if anything does happen, so just stand on the ground breath in deep breaths of energy and feel the dreamscape in your mind, the dream will start to solidify again and you will regain full consciousness, if you remain peaceful the attacker will usually disappear or completely change personalities.

That usually works for me anyway.

Different meditations during OBE/lucid dreams are very powerful and have different amazing effects.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I never had dyslexia lately.

That's good for you. Your psychic ability must be for longer time and range spacings.

Mine is very close. Only seconds or just minutes and it triggers itself when I'm doing something relatively intense.

It makes me miss words and appear dyslexic when I'm typing because I would see and think I already did in the next-few-seconds vision but not yet in reality. So I double/triple proof-read my writings to prevent these mistakes.

I could sometimes affect the flow of time itself and make objects seem to disappear / teleport small objects a short distance. I have seen a few of these happen around me and recorded it on video at the same time. I need a few more videos for a stronger evidence.

It coincides with my defensive reflex actions and may be a defensive adaptation / mutation.

I wouldn't exactly call it teleportation for it seems more like "glitching" space time.

edit on 3-11-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

It is amazing to see someone post the truth and just the truth for a change. I can tell you have truth in your spirit. I hope he listens to your words. If he really believes what he said, they got him punked pretty good. The truth will find a way though, if he listens in time. If people could only see the things that are unseen, or at least be aware they are there, and working towards our demise, or tempting us towards it, would change the world. I think it is coming sooner than anyone believes.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I am a mix of norwegian, french,english,1/4 chippewa, irish,jewish, and african. I have strong precognitive dreams and its not a bad thing at all. I have seen much and learned more in dreams than in real life in many ways. I saw a documentary of some canadian indians that had strong dream precog but cant recall the name of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join