It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics is it possible to discover Psychic abilities later in life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm asking this because recently I'm starting suspect I might be born a Psychic it's just it got suppressed (I come from a religious family and my dad doesn't think highly of Psychics) due to a lot of events occurring.

It all started with a dream.

One time in May I had a dream where suddenly a voice said that Nelly's (An acquaintance of mine whom I don't talk to very often) sister is going to my University. A few weeks later I ran into Nelly and asked if her sister is coming to my college. Nelly said yes and I was shocked. Keep in mind while I am aware of her sister, since I don't talk to her often I never heard her mention her sister going to my college prior to that.

Ever since that dream things started happening.

For example sometimes I say something and a few minutes later it came true.

Other times I can sense things before they can happen.

First it happens only a few times but as time goes on it happens more and more frequently

For example, I remember at the first day back to college I have a weird feeling my friend would be in a class. Lo and behold she was there when I entered my class. What's weird is she never mentioned it to me prior to that.

What's interesting is while this is happening my third eye opens a lot. Around the same time I have the dream of Nelly's sister I started meditating for 10 minutes and instantly my third eye opened. However, as time goes on sometimes I could open it even without meditating. Just very recently I'm starting to realize that sometimes if I focus on a person when the third eye opens sometimes information about them come out even when I'm not meditating.

I have a theory that one reason why I'm having these events happening was due to me being more open about learning more about myself Prior to that dream (Around March) I discovered I was a lefty when I was a toddler but got switched. Upon this revelation I decided to discover more about myself. Another factor that may played a role would be me giving up Catholicism very recently. In the past I was devout. But after I decided to become a Spiritual Atheist I started to slowly experience Psychic events. My reasons for leaving Catholicism and Christianity in general would be due to me being outraged by the Christian Right and the abuses of the Catholic Church.

What's interesting I talked to one member here and he told me he could sense my gift is very strong and that I have a lot of potential.

Right now, I'm still trying to learn more about what I can do with my abilities.

I have to confess though while I am happy I made this discovery sometimes I feel alone because outside ATS I know no other people with the gift. I told my friends about this and while they are open to the idea they are skeptical.

edit on 31-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

We all have the ability to channel visions. This ability does not get nurtured usually by families that are of a religious or conservative nature. So, yes, the answer is at some time in our life when the veil has been lifted we are better able to communicate with our higher self and become more aware of these "physic" abilities.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I don't want to sound selfish but I don't think its possible everyone has the gift. I believe some are born with it the rest don't have it. I may be wrong though.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't like the Catholic Church either--but don't let a church make you turn your back on Jesus. What he did was no joke.

Anyway, I'd be careful if I were you. If you didn't have this kind of thing as a kid--and you only got it once you left Christianity behind--that sounds to me like something is messing with you. If you've really renounced Jesus, then you've basically got a big target painted on your back.

My gifts come from God.

All gifts come from somewhere--whether that's from God or not from God. But they don't come from you. So, whose power are you using, then?

Just consider that. It's true. And I hope you open your eyes before you get in over your head. I believe what you said, so please at least give what I said a moment of thought, please.

If you were hyper-sensitive naturally, you would have known about it since childhood. I'm a Christian. So are my parents. Nothing got suppressed. That's not how it works. So then you have to ask yourself--why now?
--and I think I gave you a pretty good idea of why now.

Does it make you feel special? It shouldn't. The fact that it makes you feel good about yourself should be a big red flag. It's not you doing it.
edit on 31-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I follow the the Jedi Philosophy and I believe that the light side of the Force is the one that give me the abilities. I also believe in the Spirit of Wisdom aka Sophia. In ancient Christianity she's spirit that represent Wisdom but that got suppressed by the Catholic Church.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You are wrong. We all have the "gift", and some are allowed to nurture it at an early age. Some of us are more attuned to the frequency. You have had that feeling, that intuition about things and whether you realize it or not, been given the answer to questions that you ignored.

This happens to all of us. Semantics play a role too.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Anyway, I'd be careful if I were you. If you didn't have this kind of thing as a kid--and you only got it once you left Christianity behind--that sounds to me like something is messing with you.

yeah! That'd be the church!

OP.
I'm a non believer when it comes to gods and stuff, but I do believe some people have an ability to know stuff, practice more and see what comes of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That's nice, but Star Wars isn't real. And demons are called angels of light. What you're saying is basically made-up malarkey. You're free to believe whatever you want, but if you can't see how silly what you're saying sounds, then I worry for you.

Like soulpowertothendegree said--everyone has gifts. I bet you had gifts before this started happening to you. That's the thing about gifts, to you they might seem totally normal. Like me being able to see energy--I thought everyone saw it.

Anyway, the power you "have" is precognition. That's also a sign of demonic oppression. Might want to look into that. I think you're messing with things you shouldn't mess with. You don't have solid grounding--you became uprooted after leaving your faith (which you must not have had much of--and I hope that changes for you)--and then you found other "stuff" to believe in. But your new stuff isn't really valid. If you want to live in a fantasy world, then be my guest, but hiding from reality isn't going to do anything good for you. I hope you get it together.

You know where Wisdom comes from? Love. It comes from God. Ever hear of Solomon? If you had wisdom, then you wouldn't have asked this question in the first place. So, I think your Sophia person and your light-side Force power is pretty nerfed, just saying.

And why Star Wars? It isn't even a good story. How about some Gandalf power--now that would be pretty sweet. Maybe you should pray to Gandalf instead. See how silly it sounds? Basically, Star Wars is a science fiction/fantasy book--just like Ron L. Hubbard's (also stupid) stories. Fantasy. They're not based in reality. Good versus evil is the theme of Star Wars. But Star Wars didn't even do that right: light doesn't mean good. It means light. Like lightsaber. Get it? That's all it means. It's a THEME. Having integrity and fighting for what you believe in. That's a good thing to do, but it's not something you get power from or pray to. Star Wars doesn't exist. It is probably one of the most-idiotic stories I have ever read. It has plotholes everywhere and the physics make no sense at all. It's contrived. Star Wars is over-hyped nonsensical b.s. that isn't even good or groundbreaking. Go read Robert Jordan if you want a story that's ACTUALLY good. But they're just stories. They have themes that are real because they were written by people. They do not tell a true story because their genre is FICTION. I have a friend who likes Star Wars. But even she doesn't believe that it exists. She likes the themes of the "religion" that it has, but thinks it's all b.s.--even though she seriously loves Star Wars. She's also always been an atheist. She doesn't think that the Force gives her anything--because that would be delusional.

I'm sorry I sound like I'm being harsh, but I am not going to beat around the bush.

Here's a rule of thumb: if it confuses you it isn't good. You don't get powers randomly after having a dream. So if you did, then I think something is messing with you spiritually. Either that or you're going crazy. What you talked about is also a symptom of psychosis.

You have two choices: spiritual oppression or insanity. Pick one.

--Personally, I think it's choice numero uno: oppression.
You know, perhaps it could also be medical. Maybe you have a brain tumor or something. If this persists, I'd get that checked out first just to make sure it isn't something seriously physically wrong with you. But the likelihood of that is fairly low, fortunately. Unfortunately, it still means there's a problem.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

So, my logic was the church? I don't belong to a church, man. I'm saying that you don't go from having no ability to having abilities without something weird happening. You can develop your senses, but if you're not hyper sensitive you won't ever know how it feels to be hyper sensitive.

If you believe in abilities--how do you not believe in anything else? Seems pretty naive to me.

I say, exercise caution. There's nothing churchy about that--it's just called having a brain. Personally, I don't want the OP to go insane. Playing around with this crap does have that consequence. There are always consequences for your actions. So instead of telling someone to YOLO it, try to have a bit of common-sense and empathy, please. At least warn them to be careful. I don't care if OP keeps doing what he or she is doing. But I'm going to tell them to be careful, because I think that there's something really fishy going on. It's the feeling I get. And I'm usually right on the money. Haha, if I happen to be wrong, I'd love to hear all about it. I'd LOVE to be wrong. But I'm not. So I warned the OP because that was the right thing to do. OP used to believe in God, so I talked about God. It's fine that you don't or that the OP doesn't--frankly I could care less. It's just my job to tell you the truth. What you do with it is on you. I'm just looking out for myself, mostly--I don't want your blood on my hands.

Everyone has gifts--but they seem normal when you have them (well, they ARE pretty uncomfortable sometimes. But having to deal with them is routine, in a sense. It's hard to explain). You don't just wake up one day and say whoa look at this new ability I have that I never had before! And if you do, that's a red flag that something's wrong. Whether it's spiritual--or mental--or medical. There's a problem. This isn't normal.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

My wife has the gift but doesn't want to use it. Many mediums have told her, but she knew about it before they told her. She doesn't want to mess with it and inadvertently have to deal with bad or evil spirits. She closed the door on it. I've always told her if I had the gift I would definitely use it to help people.

Her sister had it and died at the age of 56. When she was sick, she said it was meant for her to die early. She said she knew it was decided before she was born.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2015 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

My goal is that when I have developed my gifts I will use it to help people.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm not going to say psychic abilities don't exist but if you check your environment,
if you have some empathy towards others or you just know the people around you
well enough then it's possible. It happens to me all the time.I dont think there's
anything psychic with that but if it is, Yeas, i'm a happy camper...it makes your life easier too.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
starwarsisreal a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

"I don't want to sound selfish but I don't think its possible everyone has the gift. I believe some are born with it the rest don't have it. I may be wrong though." do you have a messiah complex? or think your special cause your " gifts " came to you later in life? and this thing about you comparing yourself with scifi movies really says you don't have any originality. ps if your a jedi then im a sith lol
edit on 1-11-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I believe so. Or rather rediscovering the abilities that may have one been prominent or only slightly discovered to misunderstood. As some agree everyone is born with them a ink of protection between parent and child, some stronger than others. But they fade over time due to society's conditioning.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Do you have any theory on why mine simply rebounded? I mean I live in a society were such things were frown upon.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Physical or psychological trauma are one of the strongest triggers for having psychic abilities....

So it is entirely possible for anyone with zero psychic abilities to have them later in life.

I'm NOT saying you should look for trouble to have trauma because you might end up dead or slashing your wrist instead

I've had a few physical and psychological trauma NOT by choice. If a normal and OK life was choice for me (completely free of supernatural manifestations), I would have chosen it instead.

It must have been nice to have your own lawn, backyard, nice neighbors, nice little house, little car, ok job, and not have to worry about paranormal stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

But it wasn't any trauma that causes it. In fact while I presented some possible causes on my OP, mine suddenly appeared out of nowhere. In the past I believe I have some incidents but they are so few they are not noticeable. Ever since that dream it happened more frequently.
edit on 1-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

In your case, I would think you always had the ability, simply suppressed in earlier years.

Have you become dyslexic by any chance lately??

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I am sorry but you are not special and that goes for everyone else to. Just individual who is intuitively opening up to a new type of knowledge about real potential of humans. Some discover this some not. I don't know what is the cause for that, but that is the way it is.

Breath and forget about such notions, they will just develop into arrogance or pride, so best to let them go asap!

Cherish your gifts and never use them to hurt anyone in any way!

But if you are interested in spirituality, than there are a lot of good books available to further your abilities and to discover your full potential.
I recommend the philosophy of the yogis. Great for beginners to get understanding of our what we are.
Link:
www.hermetics.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join