It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most immersive first-person shooter ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have a couple of apps on my phone that I have solely for killing time and occasionally I stumble across something worth sharing. This is one of those things, at least I think so anyway.

This group has apparently done this kind of thing before. They created a whole game setting, and then they launch it online. The twist? It's entirely first person, and entirely interactive. You connect to the game and you control the main character. The main character is played in real time by one of the people in the project, and he responds to what you tell him to do (even engaging in some witty banter along the way).

I think it's pretty cool. Obviously not something I could see being done on a mass scale, but still pretty damn cool. I know we have some other gamers here and thought I would share it.

Enjoy!

www.break.com/video/real-life-first-person-shooter-2964616

ETA - found the first one. More of a zombie outbreak theme to it.

youtu.be...
edit on 31-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That was surprisingly good and fun to watch! I wonder how costly it was for them to create that, especially with the exo-skellie alone! Definitely has potential as a sort of virtual reality type experience.
It's amusing to picture it as a day to day job they go to where they simulate all day for players!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'd be like.."T-Bag all the dead bodies"

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Walk to the zombie...

Crouch...stand...crouch...stand...crouch...stand...crouch...spin around...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The graphics are pretty realistic! The zombie looks kinda fake, though.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In Spanish Fork, Utah there is a competition called Zombies Grimm. You and your team are given airsoft guns and have to patrol an area and escape from the zombies!

Never got a chance to try it, but I wish I made the time to. This is their second year doing it, only done around Halloween.

Youtube: ZombiesGrimm

new topics

top topics

join