It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find odd bright spots, could be another universe bumping into ours (Paralell Universe)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: glass87onion
What a joke, we don't even know how big is our universe and what really is the universe, the more we discover the less we know.
All the time we discover "stuff" that goes against what we know.
Dark matter, dark energy, parallel universes, big bang, black holes etc..

With don't even know what is real and the true nature of reality. We know nothing

Spot on!
A bright spot could be ANYTHING! To go straight to "Another universe" is pure fantasy.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

You are correct it is fantasy rooted in theoretical physics, and though not talked alot about it is a very commonly excepted theory. I believe even the great and powerful Steven hawking believes that is more of a possibility than not though I could be wrong it's been a while since I read any of his works.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21
Was this brought up/theorized years ago and called "dark-flow", or is this something else entirely?
Regardless, great and powerful as Mr. Hawking may be I don't believe he's reported any recent skull sessions
identifying anything beyond the 5% of the universe we have a tenuous grasp on --- 95% (roughly) being dark matter
and dark energy combined --- and still not a clue there.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

wow it took two pages of posts for an astute, bright mind to put this mumbo-jumbo in it's well deserved trash can

all the 10 or more theorized universes co-mingle and co-exist in the same volume of space which is thought to be pretty much the boundaries of our present observable universe of physical matter...

so the outer edge of another universe attempting to penetrate this universe is pure hokum...
I get the allusion being implied by the author of the idea...The two universes are like watching the process of a sperm impregnation of an Egg

ho·kum.
NOUN
informal nonsense:
"they dismissed such corporate homilies as boardroom hokum"

•trite, sentimental, or unrealistic situations and dialogue in a movie, play, or piece of writing:

edit on st30144637011701282015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How does this differ than what CERNs objectives are? I understood the LHC was to be looking for parallel universes?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

How does this differ than what CERNs objectives are? I understood the LHC was to be looking for parallel universes?

As I said in the op this is not my area. I posted it because I found it interesting. If anyone can answer the question I would appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

LoL, as would I. That's why I asked it!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This was the best series besides X-Files to delve into subjects like this.
It blows your mind to think about the possibilities.
edit on 11/1/2015 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The paper itself cites a requirement of further observations due to residual foreground emissions from our galaxy in order to rule out that possibility.

The CMB is flawed because it is a reading of Cosmic Microwaves. The problem being that our own Galaxy fills the sky with Cosmic Microwave radiation from various pinpoint sources.

Until further observations are made this is simply a possibility with a strong chance of being the case, provided all other anomaly is removed from the equation.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hahahahaha!
and I thought the God freaks were bad!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Indeed..

The Great Attractor

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It IS pretty neat that real, actual, cited and reviewed science is perhaps more mind blowing than most of the sci-fi of yesteryear.

I have been slack jawed when reading some of the achievements and findings in the last decade.

And being a bit of a conspiricist, I cannot help but wonder what weirdness exists in the black world.

Scuttlebutt says proof of other dimensions exists in secret (as opposed to theory) and if this OP does indicate another universe, then maybe we should redefine terms, as 'universe' used to mean everything... it'll be weird when 'multi-verse' becomes the common term.

Heck, maybe quantum theory does work in the macro and people's consciousness can actually shape reality as we think about it en masse... heh, so we'll never run out of discoveries as long as imagination and info flow exists.

But it's weird enough as it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Thanks for that explanation - very aptly put and something I can make sense of. cheers.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

Thanks for that thought - makes sense when I compare my eyes to those of a snake etc a different type of vision picking up what I cannot see so don't process. Fascinating cheers.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Thanks an interesting reply. Although my understanding is limited - until others helped me on this, I do have thoughts on the reason for black holes in that they are the batteries and power renewal spots for the universegalaxies which is why they are situated where they are. I suspect what gets drawn into them goes through a centrifugal system that merely breaks down and spews out 'black-hole' adjusted material back into the universe - or out of the other end of the hole if it operates as a tube into another universe even - Wow I see how you can run with this. Thank you for your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This could explain the Mandela Effect! This topic has been discussed on ATS. Many people have VIVID alternate memories, the most famous being the "Berenstein Bears," and we have been wondering why is this happening now? If, for some reason, another reality is somehow colliding with our own that might explain it. Fascinating stuff!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Could you extrapolate on the Berenstein bears comment? I have heard of the Mandela effect but not about this link...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Many of us remember "The Berenstein Bears." Now it is "Berenstain Bears." They did not change the name, as there is plenty of documented proof to show that it always was "-stain." The problem is, it wasn't! Some of us have very vivid memories of the spelling and pronunciation. We've been trying to make sense of how such a thing could be possible. For us, reality has changed. Some only remember the "Berenstein Bears" as changed, but others remember various other differences as well. An alternate universe has been one of the most common possibilities suggested, although I personally never believed in such a thing. I am still skeptical of it, however there must be something to this finding. It might help to explain what's happened.
edit on 2-11-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

So it was the chicken before the egg!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

That reminds me of a thread i participated on quite some time ago, i will see if i can dig it up, if i remeber correctly it was titled something like celebrities that used to be dead but arnt any more or somthing of that likeness.

hmmm my daughter has some of the books but i could of sworn it was berenstein bears, not stain... as i pronounced it bear in steen not bear in stane... i will look at her books in the morning she is asleep now and i will be damned if im going to wake her up lol 2 year olds are the worst to get back to sleep once daddy wakes them up.

here is the thread i was talking about click me

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join