It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you risk having sex in California ('yes means yes')?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

have you seen the women California? Yes i will and always have sex in California . yes always means yessss!
seriously this is just another law to quibble about that has no real meaning unless one chooses to hang with shady people.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

why hard feelings about cali its is literally the best place in world, has the best of everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

hollyweird is the shttit^^y part of california dont judge the rest based on that place.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

everything you just mentioned is in California besides your loved ones, why so scared?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

please don't come, its uppity civilians like you that would potentially make this place bad. this state is the best and you just have to be a smart good hearted person to really see it for what its worth, also crybabys wont get far here

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

hollyweird is the shttit^^y part of california dont judge the rest based on that place.

Geographical Hollywood is mostly old, dirty, and has a large Jewish population (not saying Jewish are old and dirty).

There are "spot" areas, mostly up in the hills, some gated, where the wealthy have homes.

Mostly those who work in Hollywood live elsewhere.

"Hollywood" the industry is everywhere and mobile.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

. . . also crybabys wont get far here (California)

LOL. That is so true.

It is very competitive here, not for the lightweight.

When I first went to Arizona, the lackadaisical, unprofessional behavior of store clerks was shocking.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

to me anything below the bay is a destination/vacation spot and has some cool stuff, but not anywhere i want to live ,but just so happens that may have to change. when my old lady gets to work the LA area may be her best bet. my favorite place in Socal is medieval times and the santa barbra beach

not the most beautiful beach in the world but fond memories of pretty girl that still haunts my dreams(shout out to you jenny b, miss u)

otherwise Norcal is the place to be so much free space and the best herbs in the world. the agricultre diversity is breathtaking(cough)

edit on 31-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

to me anything below the bay is a destination/vacation spot and has some cool stuff, but not anywhere i want to live ,but just so happens that may have to change. when my old lady gets to work the LA area may be her best bet. my favorite place in Socal is medieval times and the santa barbra beach[yvid]MlI3DIbstO8[/yvid
not the most beautiful beach in the world but fond memories of pretty girl that still haunts my dreams(shout out to you jenny b, miss u)

otherwise Norcal is the place to be so much free space and the best herbs in the world. the agricultre diversity is breathtaking(cough)

Don't know what this has to do with Hollywood anyway.

From OP Link:

The bill, SB967, applies to all California post-secondary schools, public and private, that receive state money for student financial aid. The California State University and University of California systems are backing the legislation after adopting similar consent standards this year.

I'm born and raised in SOCA beach area, not far from Hollywood.

The area used to be agricultural and dairy farms. My dad took us Jack rabbit hunting in Fox Hills. I know that most of CA is agricultural.

With CA's mostly "Live and Let Live" attitude, it's hard to go elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Government - They're here to help!

I would be sure there was an iron-clad signed legal consent and or waiver before you get busy ... just to be sure. I just hope you're both still in the mood after all parties, go over the contract, initial any changes and sign it with your lawyers present.

I'll bet it cuts the rate of unintended pregnancies better than anything else.
edit on 31-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Does it apply to both partners?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm sure it does.

But, as a girl I never met a college boy who said No.

Same sex? That might be different.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It comes down to one partner's word over another then. Only written consent would suffice.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It comes down to one partner's word over another then. Only written consent would suffice.

Ya think there is one college kid with a cell phone that does not have video capability?

At 69 years I've seen and personally experienced the evolution of what is acceptable in sexual advances -- mostly toward women.

"No Means No" doesn't seem to have been enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds like an attempt to bring common sense to the law regarding what is or is not rape. The problem is, wordings will never be adequate to explain common sense in such scenarios. Common sense is something which police and judges would have to employ for the given circumstances of the case in question, especially the personalities involved. Police cannot act without clear legal grounds, so they may not always be allowed to use their common sense in regards to procedure, charges pressed, etc. Judges can interpret the law, so they do have more freedom than police. However, so many people lack common sense (often due to biased mindsets) that many police and judges would still make unwise and immoral decisions even if they had the complete freedom to decide for themselves what was or was not rape.

I fear this will always be a confused, troublesome issue. But, some advice for guys and girls alike: avoiding group sex is an example of common sense too!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I believe every 30 seconds you should stop and discuss the sexual activity in calm, rational, and logical tones. Only after this and an agreement from all parties that you wish to move forward can you continue.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

I fear this will always be a confused, troublesome issue. But, some advice for guys and girls alike: avoiding group sex is an example of common sense too!

It seems similar to the Hate Crime. An additional crime on top of a crime.

Which pretty much was enacted as an additional deterrent. Few, if any, charged with Hate Crime has been actually prosecuted as such.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Here in Australia, if you fail to make your partner say yes yes yes right up to and beyond the vinegar stroke - all you risk is disappointing her/him.

That makes the kangaroos sad.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm sure it does.

But, as a girl I never met a college boy who said No.

Same sex? That might be different.

Same Sex.

Having been marrid for 37 years I can tell you all about Same Sex. To the point where I could write a book.

And believe me.... "No" is the furthest from your mind when opportunity knocks...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I can see it now...
"I give consent, I give consent, I give consent I give... I...i'm not in the mood anymore, i lost focus.. wanna watch t.v?"
edit on st2015000000Sundayst000000Sun, 01 Nov 2015 03:07:20 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 01 Nov 2015 03:07:20 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join