It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 13 years I'm giving up medical treatment for my brain tumour

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Where are you now

Ur thread had 2 pages when I replied

I can back to six ur and saw one of ur comments
edit on 15-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You are a still a bub
Let's agree
Give it away

Fuvk this ..no way lol
Hear me

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly I'm at home. I have to wait for 8 weeks for the scar and brain to heal before I can start radiotherapy. They don't like to do it twice on a patient, so they need to make sure I'm totally healed before starting, which can be a bit frustrating, but you just accept it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Your strength is incredible.
I don't even know what to say, I wish I could hug you.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You know how it is ... we are here...

You don't talk much btw goofy well maybe just then u did

edit on 15-11-2015 by Layaly because: I ll never pray but last night I was on my knees.. you are one of a kind

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Why don't you give a trial at ketogenic diet. Most peoples think it is BS but it have strong therapeutic value.

Brain cancer is possibly the cancer that respond the most from this diet. Don't be fooled into thinking it have no value because the name 'diet' is present here.

The theory is to "adapt" your brain to burn ketone bodies as a fuel instead of the usual glucose. This adaptation usually take at least two weeks and sometime longer. After that adaptation time, your brain still use glucose but at a minimal level, thus starving your cancer that is hidden behind the blood brain barrier (cancer cells cannot use ketones as an energy source, but healthy cells can).

From your description, it seem a benign (non-metastatic) cancer, the name benign is misleading since its growth is what ultimately kill patient by compression of healthy surrounding tissue.

The bad new is that you'll have to stay indefinitly on such diet as it will not cure cancer but slow its growth down almost to a complete halt.

The big question is however do you like carbs and sugar more than your life? My spouse is on such diet since the last two years to control others serious health problems and after some time, you no longer crave for sugar, in fact you dislike it.

Also, you don't need to buy books or consult "special" dietitian to do such diet. It is quite simple and can find lots of info on the web. You just need to carefully do some controls similar to diabetes sufferers like glucose, ketones, and learn to avoid acidosis (can be problematic at onset of this diet). Also you need to be sure you do not suffer from diabetes type 1 as you will not be able to regulate production of ketone bodies, thus going into ketoacidosis (dangerous).

Don't hesitate if you have questions.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi woodwardjnr, apologies for my lateness to your thread but I don't visit this part of the forum often. I just read the whole thread, got a bit choked up, and I'm so pleased it turned out the way it has! Stay strong and wishing you a speedy recovery from your op

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly it's not benign it's a glioblastoma multiforme from 2007 but brain tumours don't tend to spread around the body like other cancers. It could spread around the brain or spinal cord but it hasn't. I will do some research into the diet.thank you

edit on 25-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Its a very difficult thing to go through. My prayers are with you.

Scott Biddick

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join