It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian civilian aircraft goes off radar, reportedly crashes over Egypt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

No restraint means mass civilian casualties. And if it happened in egypt they would have to target ISIS in all countries they reside.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Purported shootdown vid:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I am inclined to agree. One question: The plane was reported as having dropped 6,000 feet per minute. Could that be a clue as to the cause?

If this was a deliberate act, Russia will respond harshly. I can't picture Putin sitting back and letting this go. Esp. if another country is involved, not just ISIS.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Not necessarily. They could've had an uncommanded thrust reverser deployment.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Fightradar24 flight information post -

Source

Crash of Metrojet Flight 7K9268
Posted on: 2015-10-31 /
Categories: Major Incident

At approximately 04:13 UTC, 31 October 2015, Metrojet flight 9268 crashed into the Sinai Peninsula. The flight’s planned route was from Sharm el-Sheikh to St. Petersburg, Russia. We acquired a signal from the aircraft shortly after takeoff and tracked it until 04:13:22 UTC. At the time of last contact we were receiving a signal from the aircraft to three of our receivers, all of which stopped receiving data from the aircraft at the same time.

Playback

Apparently the pilot declared an emergency then communications were lost. Descent rate was 6k feet a minute.

ISIS Video

edit on 31-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sprtpilot

Looks real, but hard telling. Could be from a sim with the potato camera used.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Not exactly. 6,000 feet per minute is high but it's been done before in normal conditions. It could be anything from a rapid decompression descent to a structural failure to a thrust reverser deployment.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
SVR3085 (Ural airlines) currently has a flight over the med heading to the same airport the Russian airline flew out of and flight 59923 is over the peninsula heading to same airport.. Curious if it will be left alone or if things will expand. That is assuming ISIS is responsible.
edit on 31-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

There is one aircraft that crashed due to a thrust reverser deployment, a Boeing 757 from Lauda air, i doubt with all the safety precautions that were taken to prevent a similar accident from occurring, that this accident is due to the same problem.
But i've read that this aircraft already had engine problems in the weeks before this, so i think they should check the maintenance records on this aircraft and others in the fleet of this company.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That youtube footage looks bogus...

If It was ISIS, we as western allies are fkt.
If it was ISIS then there would be pictures out pretty quick of the evidence.
I'm hoping its just a coincidence it went down over the sinai!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2015 by Crumbles because: not the place

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

YouTube just removed the video. They cancelled the account of the person who posted it, according to the error message I got. I was able to view it once and a few minutes later was going to copy it in case YouTube deleted it.

I wasn't fast enough.

Besides the censorship, what really gets me is the thumbs up it got. It was at 94 when I saw it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There have been quite a few crashes and incidents due to uncommanded thrust reverser deployments. It's a very uncommon problem to have, but it's still a mechanical system that is liable to malfunction.

edit on 31-10-2015 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here is another copy of this video on YouTube. Someone wanted it put back up for some reason:

Here is another one, with the original opening sequence in Arabic. Does anyone here read Arabic?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Unconfirmed pics:

Take a look at @AmichaiStein1's Tweet: twitter.com...

edit on 31-10-2015 by ashpack because: more pics

edit on 31-10-2015 by ashpack because: Removed irrelevant pics

More genuine looking pics:
Take a look at @ZombieTVonline's Tweet: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ashpack

That's not it. That's a picture of an MD-80 series jet. The eyebrow window above the middle window and the Captain's side gives it away.

Edit: Just caught your edit. The second link looks plausible, but the third is also not it. That's the National 747 that crashed in Afghanistan a few years ago.

edit on 31-10-2015 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The 3rd link says brought down by on board bomb...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ashpack

I used an online translator to try and figure out what the poster at Twitter was saying. The sentence appeared to be split in two, and I don't know how accurate the translator is. Here goes:

First part read "Beautiful الطياره body Salim and that the missile turning over الطياره as departure from the sky."

Second part read "طها who says shoulders missile downed by heady"

Weird. If this is a valid picture, then I have to wonder why the person was saying "beautiful" in the first part of his comment.

Thoughts, anyone? Btw, I used translation.babylon.com

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think a couple of the pics I removed where irrelevant. The pics currently on my previous post seem genuine.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
First of all, I offer my sincere sympathy and condolence to Russians who are involved.
This is a horrible tragedy.
17 children too...
I will wear something black for a while.

I'm not sure prayer is effective but something like that would be called for.

As critical as I usually am with the Putin empire, I think "false flag" arguments are disgusting here. This is not how Russia would do a false flag - sacrificing Russian children. That is like saying Holland shot down the Malay plane.

ISIS says they did it but who knows? Any proof?
They love claiming responsibility for horrors because they thrive on negative Western publicity.
Experts? I saw the video - the music is alluring but I don't understand a word in Arabic. Sounds odd that there is a fire or explosion on the plane - then it seems to be in one piece again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join