It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit. Cops murder unarmed teen because of the look in his eye

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
It is unfortunate that the OP leaves out the part about 3 men with matching descriptions reportedly flashing a gun earlier in the day. Why try to bias the discussion?

Was it these 3 guys? Thats why..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

It is unfortunate that the OP leaves out the part about 3 men with matching descriptions reportedly flashing a gun earlier in the day. Why try to bias the discussion?

Was it these 3 guys? Thats why..

BS! 100% agenda driven drivel.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The 911 dispatcher should have called the convenience store ,
to get a real-time unbiased assessment of the situation .

...And don't turn your back on a badged , gun wielding
......'protector' !?!?!?!?!??
Whenever I go to the 711, I always handcuff myself in front
and extend my arms straight up .
Wouldn't wanna scare anyone !

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

ETA: IMHO I don't think the shooting was justified, but I do not know all of the particulars. For me to feel that the shooting was justified, I would need to know that the officer involved had without a doubt ID'd the man in regards to the earlier call.

So where was the gun? The gun had his hands in his pants before the cops got there, the cop is yelling at him with gun drawn, telling to get his hands out of his pants.

He does...

He gets shot.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kibbs08

I look at them with disgust to be honest. I am convinced 90% of them are sociopaths or bullies.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That cops have recently decided that jaywalking, smoking, crazy-eyes etc. are among the list of capital crimes, it just makes me just a little more bemused by the 2nd amendment crowd. Who knows what they will decide is a capital offense?

Everyone should just shoot everyone else "just 'cos." That would be the logical next step, right?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ive seen the video before, its terrible, one those videos you just cant get out of your head. The police had the drop on the boy, so there was no clear and present danger. The boy had his back to the officer. I never heard that they shot him bc of a gun, I read when it happened that it was bc of the fear of him carrying a knife. there was such a lack of violence, and the way the police acted is horrible. This police officer needs to be sentenced for Murder, that is the only clear violence I witnessed in the video. Some police will argue that they don't have the chance to sit and view a video before making life and death acts. But if a police officer has his gun drawn and trained on your back, then the chance a suspect could get a gun out and return fire goes down tremendously. This cop killed like he enjoyed firing his weapon, and it needs to be addressed.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is the original thread pertaining to this situation for anyone who hasn't seen it and would like to read through it's contents.

THREAD

The biggest thing that stood out to me then and even still today was that the officer can be clearly heard ordering the individual to get his hands out multiple times. Then, the moment he complies, the officer shoots. This officer basically shot this individual for following the orders they were giving.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Handcuffing a suspect after shooting him is actually protocol here in Albuquerque. Maybe there too.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The more I see these videos of how the American police handle these situations...the more I feel proud of our British police.

Whatever happened to "policing" in America? It has gone terribly wrong. Why could he not just use a taser in this instance if he felt threatened?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

The biggest thing that stood out to me was how the first thing the other officer asks the shooter officer is if his camera was on. Then when he says yes, the other officer reassures him that he saw the man reaching. This screams premeditation and covering of their bases first thing instead of trying to help the man.

I hope the family makes out well in the lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

I was walking the other day and when I reached a crosswalk, I noticed two cop cars across from me. Normally I would cross on green if no cars are coming but because of their presence, I did not. I also noticed another guy; someone close to my age, which I am sure would have crossed on green, did not cross either.

In my head, I said to myself: Yeah, if we cross the streets, these cops are going to jump right on us.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
That cops have recently decided that jaywalking, smoking, crazy-eyes etc. are among the list of capital crimes, it just makes me just a little more bemused by the 2nd amendment crowd. Who knows what they will decide is a capital offense?

Everyone should just shoot everyone else "just 'cos." That would be the logical next step, right?

Perhaps you would be more happy in Canada, Nancy. You have Obama, and dogs wedding cats, and Bill Cosby in ruins, will you be cross until all the Americans are out of the US?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

The biggest thing that stood out to me was how the first thing the other officer asks the shooter officer is if his camera was on. Then when he says yes, the other officer reassures him that he saw the man reaching. This screams premeditation and covering of their bases first thing instead of trying to help the man.

Then at the very end he makes it clear when he is talking to his Sgt that his camera is on. He even asks if he can turn it off before the conversation it is barely audible he says "can I turn my camera off" 7:30-7:35 when she asks if he is ok he says yes, then comes the barely audible camera question very quietly thinking the camera might not pick it up. Then he points at his camera telling the Sgt that he is still recording. What a filthy pig. He knew he messed up so he wanted to not record what they were going to put in the report. Regardless of what the camera saw.
edit on 30-10-2015 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2015 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Nah, this has already been posted. The kid absolutely saw the cops pull up, ducked out the opposite direction, pretended briefly to be unaware of them, then when facing the officer with gun drawn on him, further sealed his own fate by not stopping and getting his hands up as ordered. These actions will very reliably get you shot and everybody knows it.

Yep walking the other direction when you see a cop should get you shot..

Cute, but you and I both know it's not the walking so much as the both hands hidden in the waistband trick after being told repeatedly. You get about two or three warnings tops. Then it's your own fault. The gun pointed at you ought to be clear enough without the verbal "hands up!" being necessary. Then you can prepare to be shot.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sueloujo
The more I see these videos of how the American police handle these situations...the more I feel proud of our British police.

Whatever happened to "policing" in America? It has gone terribly wrong. Why could he not just use a taser in this instance if he felt threatened?

When British cops go on duty, they're 99% sure that any random bloke they happen to approach doesn't have a pistol tucked somewhere. American cops can't be anywhere near that sure. Not a valid comparison, my good chap.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

"Premeditation"? So you're saying this cop decided earlier in the day to shoot some kid dead in broad daylight with a parking lot full of witnesses? To what end? So he can worry about not only the end of his career but also being charged with murder? That's absurd. The guy wanted some confirmation that he had acted appropriately after having just killed a person in the course of his duty as a policeman.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

This is the most disgusting inhuman debauchery I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
Here is the original thread pertaining to this situation for anyone who hasn't seen it and would like to read through it's contents.

THREAD

The biggest thing that stood out to me then and even still today was that the officer can be clearly heard ordering the individual to get his hands out multiple times. Then, the moment he complies, the officer shoots. This officer basically shot this individual for following the orders they were giving.

Which is why I roll my eyes in the back of my head when I hear from our ATS cop lovers that "had he just complied" blah, blah #ing blah......
edit on 30-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join