It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit. Cops murder unarmed teen because of the look in his eye

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Im sure this story was posted here back in 2014 , but I do not remember seeing it. Anyway in Salt Lake City A drunk barely coherent woman called 911 saying she thought some kids might be acting suspicious. She also told 911 that she didnt feel threatened and that no one was in danger.

So with that info from a drunk woman cops roll up on a local 7-11 and spot 3 kids walking out, they jump out of their cruiser with guns drawn and order the kids to stop , 2 of them stop immediately , the other one has headphones on and didnt see or hear the cops and kept walking.

When he finnaly notices the cops he turns around and is shot through the heart in about a second.

This is actually what the cop reported as to why he killed the kid,

Um, and his eyes were just complete 100% defiance. He had this, this look on his face like, you know, like I, ah, hate? Um, like he was, he was not going to do anything that I said. Um, and it was just a horrible feeling, um, looking at him. Having him, you know, just the, it was horrible. Just hate, defiance, that he had in his eyes.

I was 100 percent, 100 percent convinced when I saw him turn around it was gonna be a gunfight. I knew he had that gun, that he’d be trying to kill us,” said Officer Cruz.

As he lay there in pool of his own blood the cop handcuffs him and dabs at a little blood with some gauze.. If that not bad enough they actually handcuffed, arrested and detained the other 2 boys for over 5 hours, undoubtedly to try and find anything they could on them to justify the shooting.

But I guess all you need to do is look at a cop the wrong way in this country and he can kill you and get away with it because this cop will not face any charges.

So the family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit. What else can you do?

He looked at me for all of 1 second before I shot him, but in that 1 second I was able to discern that he was going to kill us all so I had to put him down.

That is a good enough reason for prosecutors not to charge him?

God I hope they win millions..

www.scribd.com...

Plaintiffs Cody Taylor, Jerrail Taylor, and Teesha Taylor, as individuals and on behalf of the Estate of Decedent, Dillon Taylor, along with Adam Thayne, individually, allege as follows:
PRELIMINARY STATEMENT

On August 11, 2014, brothers Dillon and Jerrail Taylor, and their cousin Adam Thayne, were walking together in Salt Lake City on their way to the 7-eleven. All three boys were peaceful, non-threatening, and unarmed at all times. 2.

A person who refused to identify herself called 911 making a confused, incoherent, and convoluted report about some kids the caller viewed as maybe suspicious. The caller told the 911 operator that she did not feel threatened and that no one was in danger. The caller later admitted to drinking Vodka earlier that evening. 3.

That call led Salt Lake City police officers Bron Cruz, Uppsen Downes, and Andrew Sylelloglou to be dispatched to the 7-Eleven located at 2102 South State Street in South Salt Lake City, Utah. 4.

After pulling into the 7-Eleven, Cruz immediately went
“guns on,”
following Dillon who was minding his own business. Cruz demanded Dillon show his hands. As Dillon attempted to comply, Defendant Cruz fired two rapid-succession shots

one slicing through
Dillon’s
heart and the other piercing his hand and abdomen.

WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

More horror from the US police force, what is going on in the minds of cops if they think tearing someone apart with bullets is ok?

R.I.P young man and condolences to his loved ones!

Also, how much more of this barbarous behaviour can the US people put up with? Is the US a place that the cops believe that their life is threatened every time they come across Joe public?

I think the US police force needs a total reform

edit on 30-10-2015 by zerozero00 because: tidy up

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

As he lay there in pool of his own blood the cop handcuffs him and dabs at a little blood with some gauze..

Gets mad at him, even.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

im sure people will the defend the cop, the usual suspects..

but back and forth banter wont change anything. cameras arent even enough of a deterrent..

if those piss heads are so afraid of someone simply walking, why are they cops, why not get a secretary desk job.

it pisses me off when i hear those pigs called 'brave', when pulling a gun and killing is something a toddler can do. just trade in your badge and go apply for an office job where you wont feel threatened by people just walking while on the job....

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

m sure people will the defend the cop, the usual suspects..

Yep the headphones could have been used as a deadly weapon, or when he turned around suddenly he could have ran over the cop with his body..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What's the rationale behind the blood and gauze thing? Some kind of tox screen sabotage?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow never seen this one before, makes me sick. If you can't handle the fact that being a police officer is a dangerous job, then don't become a police officer. This shoot first ask questions later mentality just reflects the extreme lack of professionalism and the strong-arm tactic training police officers receive these days. It almost seems that these days, a good majority of the police are only there to implement their authority on our average citizens. Go find some real criminals for christ sakes. Something has to change or the police are gonna start finding themselves on the wrong end of the gun eventually.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

What's the rationale behind the blood and gauze thing? Some kind of tox screen sabotage?

i think the cop was just retarded, and had no clue what to do or even what was going on.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So, if a CCW were to do this, based solely on the "look in his eyes" we can get away with it, right? I mean, there's no difference in the law, Right?? A cops life is not more important than mine, RIGHT?
Wrong.
We've seen, time after time after time, that a cop can use deadly force under any circumstance and get away with it.
Are they really so confused as to why people do not trust or like them? That people would rather face a criminal than a cop?
At least with a criminal, you stand a chance of coming out of it alive or at the very worst, the criminal will go to prison for killing you.
What is it going to take to get the cowboys off the street and stop the killing? I don't have the answer, but somebody better come up with something pretty damn quick.

Just HAD to add this. Must be what the cop said when this was reviewed. Skip ahead to 38 seconds.

edit on 30-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If people start to act correctly and protect their own, cops would be turning themselves in, confessing everything, who they're taking orders from (Obama comes to mind and Saudi/Rotchschild's coalition) and asking for the longest sentences, because adults in huge numbers would be signing their names in pledges to get change, ie first from giving governments, their employees a short period of time, with a date, to immediately change this, and ridding the country of the treasonous elements, including Obama. Failure to do as required ,would be citizens groups and citizen's patroles, and justice would start to be done by the majority.

You do not comply with evil, but you also do not allow it to run you.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

All those cop training videos where they're supposed to learn how to not shoot at a suspect until they see a weapon pulled sure doesn't seem like they're following protocol.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Does anyone feel safer when they see a cop?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Cop shoots the guy, dies instantly and at the same time asking for his hands, NOW!

Good Job America, very good Job.
edit on 30-10-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

He was putting pressure on the wound to try and stop bleeding.. But he was stupid and put pressure on the non fatal, minimally bleeding stomach wound intead of on the fatal, blood squirting everywhere chest wound like a complete retard. A 13 year old who watches hollywood movies would have even known that. Not only is this cop a complete bully, he's ignorant and in my opinion extremely undertrained. Why go directly for deadly force on some teens, there are other more useful non deadly ways to deal with this. Like oh, maybe pepper spray, or even a taser, or maybe just not acting as if your life is in danger when you haven't even seen a gun or any kind of lethal weapon? The cop had been playing too many video games

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kibbs08

Not I. I tend to cross the street to avoid them.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kibbs08

Cops make me feel threatened and intimidated but i don't go around shooting them. Hmmm maybe i should. They seem to get away with it enough for that stupid excuse. But of course i would then be seen as a monster in the judicial system.

Gotta love good ol' 'murican double standards.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Nah, this has already been posted. The kid absolutely saw the cops pull up, ducked out the opposite direction, pretended briefly to be unaware of them, then when facing the officer with gun drawn on him, further sealed his own fate by not stopping and getting his hands up as ordered. These actions will very reliably get you shot and everybody knows it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Nah, this has already been posted. The kid absolutely saw the cops pull up, ducked out the opposite direction, pretended briefly to be unaware of them, then when facing the officer with gun drawn on him, further sealed his own fate by not stopping and getting his hands up as ordered. These actions will very reliably get you shot and everybody knows it.

Yep walking the other direction when you see a cop should get you shot..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that the OP leaves out the part about 3 men with matching descriptions reportedly flashing a gun earlier in the day. Why try to bias the discussion?

ETA: IMHO I don't think the shooting was justified, but I do not know all of the particulars. For me to feel that the shooting was justified, I would need to know that the officer involved had without a doubt ID'd the man in regards to the earlier call.
edit on 30-10-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Good Job America, very good Job.

Stooopid...

A large majority of Americans would condemn this act. And law enforcement across the globe is suspect, not just in America.

But that obviously never crossed your mind.

You probably salivated when you posted that, huh..?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join