It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you personally deal with being angry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Being angry is a horrible state of mind to be in but it happens to us all at some point. It can be caused by pretty much anything from a serious situation to a silly and mundane matter.

Some like to shout and scream either at the world in general or unfortunatley at those around them. Some choose to seethe and grumble until some unfortunate soul asks "So what's up with you then?"

Some like to take it as part of life and just get on with it, others take it like a badge of honour as if feeling bad is part of there lot in life.

There are lots of ways of dealing with it but what is your particular take on this?

I am pretty angry right now so if I take your answer the wrong way well then....
edit on 29/10/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I usually come on here and rant. It's good therapy.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I usually come on here and rant. It's good therapy.

Do you feel that your anger is subsided because of this then or does it just put it off for another day?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Nothing like blowing off steam at the gun range.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Years ago (many) anger frustrated me. When I felt it I was flustered and really didn't make any sense to anyone concerned or myself in later years. I was rarely violent angry, only in defense of myself or loved ones to the extent the anger made me fail.

Now, sometimes when I feel anger welling up, I think about, eventually I feel it's not worth it and tend to step back and consider the circumstances. In most cases (few) I shake my head and walk away and get on with something else. I also have a family and tend to be conditioned to remain calm for all of them.

If I were to get angry again I'd certainly consider my reasons and after effects before I did.

Cheers,

Bally.

edit on 29-10-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Definitely gets rid of any stress/anger. It vents the pressure. A better man would exercise, go for a run, hit a punch bag maybe?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I just let it go. Easier said than done if you don't know how to do it, but with practice it becomes like second nature. Getting angry causes stress and stress does no favors for your body.

Anger is a sign of weakness in my opinion, a sign that you are too weak to let something go. It takes strength to forgive and let go of a grudge. It also shows you're the bigger person.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A nice walk in nature always helps me, allows one to collect their thoughts and get some fresh air. If there are no green spaces near where you live perhaps a trip to a museum or gallery if that's what your into.

working up a good sweat helps get your endorphins up and you feeling good. It's even better with the significant other.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Being angry is a horrible state of mind to be in but it happens to us all at some point. It can be caused by pretty much anything from a serious situation to a silly and mundane matter.

Some like to shout and scream either at the world in general or unfortunatley at those around them. Some choose to seethe and grumble until some unfortunate soul asks "So what's up with you then?"

Some like to take it as part of life and just get on with it, others take it like a badge of honour as if feeling bad is part of there lot in life.

There are lots of ways of dealing with it but what is your particular take on this?

I am pretty angry right now so if I take your answer the wrong way well then....

Ignore it, friends will be ok, people will be ok. Tomorrow is another day. Its open again apparently .......... just saying
edit on 2015-10-29T17:07:13-05:002015Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:07:13 -0500bThursday0710America/Chicago155 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I write out what is bothering me. That helps me let it go and quit obsessing about whatever is upsetting me. Then I go for a walk, usually a very fast walk, until I calm down or tire myself out so that I'm too worn out to be angry. If it is really bad, I will also repeat the prayer of St. Francis over and over. That always helps me relax and let go.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
When i was growing up, i was an angry kid.
I had a very bad relationship with my mother. She was very abusive to me , but not with my other two brothers. After a short time dealing with the frustration of trying to convince everyone of what was happening, i realised that there was no good way to deal with it. So i left home at 13yo in 1992. I never turned to hard drugs, but heavy music was what i would turn to. Nowadays my musical taste is far wider, but i still turn to music to get my mind off of the petty things that bother me. I'm not very angry any more, but i am a lot more in control of my life now. If i were put back in a situation like that, i would be just as angry.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I love your view point on this, as I share the notion as you stated it.

very well said, some things come naturally with time.

Cheers to you

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
When i was growing up, i was an angry kid.
I had a very bad relationship with my mother. She was very abusive to me , but not with my other two brothers. After a short time dealing with the frustration of trying to convince everyone of what was happening, i realised that there was no good way to deal with it. So i left home at 13yo in 1992. I never turned to hard drugs, but heavy music was what i would turn to. Nowadays my musical taste is far wider, but i still turn to music to get my mind off of the petty things that bother me. I'm not very angry any more, but i am a lot more in control of my life now. If i were put back in a situation like that, i would be just as angry.

I like that you say you turn to heavy music(or did do)

What music helped you at the time if I may ask?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I rarely get angry.

When I do, I feel like I can't even think straight. It's quite unpleasant, so I avoid it. I do get indignant, however--and when it's righteously-so, I feel like I can think very clearly.

Pretty much what I think I'm trying to get at is that if you channel that anger productively--and if you make it a habit to NEVER LIE TO YOURSELF (no matter how much the truth makes you feel sad or unhappy in the moment) so that you can identify exactly why you're feeling the way you're feeling. If there's a good reason for it--then be mad. But don't be uncontrollable--control it. Make lemonade out of those lemons!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You're giving power/energy to these 'feelings' and this is manifesting as "anger".. If You get pissed at something I say/do, who has the 'power/energy'? Wouldn't it be more advantageous to ponder on the actual reason You are 'out of sorts' ? Why are You angry? Now 'who/what' put those thoughts in Your head?

Try this: Next time You encounter an 'irritant' as the issue arises start to make a count of 1...2...3...4 This will provide ample time to decide the next course of action or re-action. THIS is ALL up to You..

Keep Your 'power/energy' and when those irritants can no longer pull Your strings You'll discover the wind is at Your back..

Have a better day!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am also angry and have been for weeks. I am dealing with a civil law suit, the death of my mother, human stupidity (granted this is an every day occurrence for most of us) not to mention I haven't been feeling well physically which all leads to me not being able to sleep.

Please let me know when you figure out how to stop feeling this way. Right now my Libertarian porcupine (Libertarian mascot) is bristling and I would hate to think what will happen to someone that rubs me the wrong way right now. Arrrgghhh!

edit on 2015/10/29 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
For a long time I broke expensive things.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Anger breeds more anger. So I intentionally step away from it - calm down. Breathe. Pray.

I wish I could say I never ever raise my voice in anger or allow negative feelings to momentarily overwhelm me, but this is how I strive to deal with anger.

Honestly, my faith helps me in this area hugely!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well, for starters, you need to make sure you're hydrated and that you get some sleep. You have every reason to be feeling the way you're feeling right now--but you're feeling a lot worse because your body isn't up to speed. Not-sleeping is going to make everything seem a whole lot worse. So, go make yourself something good to eat, drink water, and try to settle down and sleep. If you want, take a melatonin. Or, perhaps go to your doctor and explain what's going on, and ask for 0.5mg lorazepram (Ativan) to help with your anxiety in the short-term.

But you need to sleep. You're still going to be dealing with life when you wake up, & you're going to have to work through it by taking it a day at a time. I am very sorry for your loss.
edit on 29-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am also angry and have been for weeks. I am dealing with a civil law suit, the death of my mother, human stupidity (granted this is an every day occurrence for most of us) not to mention I haven't been feeling well physically which all leads to me not being able to sleep.

Please let me know when you figure out how to stop feeling this way. Right now my Libertarian porcupine (Libertarian mascot) is bristling and I would hate to think what will happen to someone that rubs me the wrong way right now. Arrrgghhh!

Never forget Y=f(x)+n , will it answer your question? probably not right now, probably not ever. The equation is what you put into it. Here, criminal law suit, death of my mother years ago, now ......... human stupidity is what it is, we can't help ourselves, go with it.

Take care and good luck, CbG

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join