It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night's GOP Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Last night, I was engrossed in the World Series game, until I went to bed. The night previous, I had succumbed to sleep after the FoxSports truck failed and created a delay.....and then we were told that the pitcher's dad had died, at around the 8th inning. That game wound up lasting through 14 innings.

This morning, I went to look at the news to find out whether the Royals won or not, and I saw that the GOP debate was held at the same time.

I watched the first debate, but didn't even know there was one that same night....!!!!!

So - I managed to find ]a replay video of the full debate, and am halfway through it now.

(I was surprised to see that there isn't already a thread - or, if there is, please point me to it.)

So, anyway - the reason I'm taking a break and making a thread/post about it is that I just finished seeing Ted Cruz's bit about Born Againism.

In one of his earlier "ups" Ted Cruz gave a notable rant against the MSM. Good for him. (They cut him off).

But then, later (in this scene I just watched), he started to talk again, and told a story about how his father "left" him and his mother when he was three. And IF HIS FATHER HAD NOT BECOME BORN AGAIN, he would not have "come back" to make things right. NO ONE had mentioned religion, but he just had to bring it up.

He also stated that he has lots of single-mothers in his family. Like that pertains to ..... what?

*sigh*

In general, I am amazed at what a carnival/reality show this debate was/is. Oh, and seeing Trump "wink" at someone (probably Carson), and when they cut to him with his nose in the air acting all "above everything".......and saying, "That's why he's on the end over there" regarding Kasich.

There were many other things.....but, I'm about to finish it now....so:

Did any of you watch it? What did you take away from it?
It's very entertaining, btw, if nothing else. Reminds me of Jerry Springer.

edit on 10/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: update link

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I didn't know there was a debate or a world series game… that they played both at once can only indicate their stand…

I bet they won't do that to Hillary.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It's very entertaining, btw, if nothing else. Reminds me of Jerry Springer.
Best line......ever!

I watched the sum up and replay clips on CNN this morning. Just more of the same theater-of-the-dumbed designed to keep us "watching" and upset and perhaps even "involved".

I've pretty much lost interest......its just too early in the game to figure out who will get the nomination for the Republican presidential candidacy. So often what happens is that apparent front runners run out of steam after the first 4 primaries. Its really all about numbers and they'll only campaign in 12 to 15 states before "Super Tuesday".

And of course what no one is talking about is that its highly unlikely anyone of these clowns can beat Clinton, with the possible exception of Rubio, because anymore, these elections are all about "identity" politics.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I honestly and truly believe these debates are for entertainment more than anything else - I feel like this time it's been publicized and promoted more than ever - they shamelessly are putting commercials during the debate too - not sure if this used to happen, but I would bet it's getting worse if anything. this article claims advertisers paid 40 X the normal rate in order to advertise during the GOP debates: en.wikipedia.org...

It sure is a spectacle. The next POTUS will be selected, not elected - haven't we realized this yet? Gore/Bush voting scandal, the whole Ron Paul getting shafted, even if someone like Cruz had overwhelming support I honestly think some organizations/groups would find a way to have someone else (*cough Hillary) made POTUS in the end.

That's just my 2 cents..

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I couldn't get interested enough to watch this time. I did see some clips from it this morning, and what I saw pretty much looked like a clown show. It's like one of the reality game shows, where someone is going to be voted off the island at the end of the week. I just can't take it seriously.

I was SHOCKED that there were no other threads on it.

Video Highlights of the GOP Debate

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know! It's really weird, right?

Well, the World Series is a really big deal to some people (and since my home team is in it, I'm excited about it - I remember that night 30 years ago like it was, well, last night)......

One would think that "the MSM" would have coordinated to not have two huge things on at the same time.......
or.....
well.....

Wut-the....???!!!!!

Here's the thing: FOX is carrying the WS, and this time CNBC carried the GOP debate (where Fox did it last time. So, does that mean FOX is more interested in baseball revenue than they actually are in the election?).

edit on 10/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I was SHOCKED that there were no other threads on it.

Me, too! Utterly surprised, considering how many threads have covered things that are ongoing. I thought I must be late to the party, but when I looked, to find nothing was really bizarre.

Oh well!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Kasich made the most sense of anyone up there. Unfortunately he doesn't stand a chance. It's nothing more than a primetime popularity contest. I bet if they trotted Kim Kardashian out there, she'd be leading Hillary in the polls. And that's only because Mama June from Honey Boo-Boo isn't in the public's eye anymore. 85% of the sheeple only know what they see on the nightly news and reality shows.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Exactly! It's more and more clear to me now. This is just a "show" - as scripted as any reality-tv thing can be......
but only by a few of the participants.

I'm pretty sure it's rigged, too. Just haven't lost all hope yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I've pretty much lost interest......its just too early in the game to figure out who will get the nomination for the Republican presidential candidacy. So often what happens is that apparent front runners run out of steam after the first 4 primaries.

And starting with SIXTEEN was insane to begin with!
Not long ago a person here on ATS who was not an American asked me how it was I didn't know who all the candidates are...

I said, "There are sixteen of them!"

Anyway, yeah, while watching this, I came to the conclusion (finally and once and for all) that this all is a charade. I will not take it seriously anymore, having realized it is a sham. Now I'll be able to just sit back and laugh.

Wow.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That would totally give it all away, to have Kardashian show up. /sarc

Seriously, though - f'real, GOP?

Trump winking at his podium neighbor made me VERY suspicious.....

then again, I have bronchitis, and am under the influence of meds.....

LOL!!!

(off topic btw: is your avatar what I think it is, a guy who had a parasitic twin's face protruding out of his own forehead?)

edit on 10/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I thought the moderators did a poor job in both controlling the times the candidates spoke and with the irrelevant questions they were asking. I am not a Cruz fan at all but he made a good point with his rant.

I personally think there were too many people on the stage and they need to winnow them down prior to the next debate.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, to about THREE. For crying out loud!!!

Hey, have you seen the "Bad Lipreading" videos? SO FUNNY!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
From a non Bias and neutral observer As some who is financially conservative and socially liberal.

I really cant see any viable GOP candidate.

Well except Rand Paul but he seems to be ignored.

The rest seem to be Religious loons with a boner for war whether it be in the middle east or the failed drug "war", sucking up to Israel and Saudi Arabia and general international interference and arrogance along with big government overreach in spying and military spending.

I dont see many viable candidates on the other side either. Sanders is honest and not in anyone pockets but I just dont see Scandinavian style politics and economics working in the USA.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I thought the moderators did a poor job in both controlling the times the candidates spoke and with the irrelevant questions they were asking. I am not a Cruz fan at all but he made a good point with his rant.

I personally think there were too many people on the stage and they need to winnow them down prior to the next debate.

The problem with the GOP is a lot of the candidates make good points then ruin it by going off the rails by spouting religious doctrine, war drum beating and general outdated social attitudes like gay marriage bans and continuing the war on drugs.
edit on 29-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well, to his credit, he got farther than his dad did (and I had 3 Ron Paul signs in my yard); but, he also looks very tired and pale, I think.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The problem with the GOP is a lot of the candidates make good points then ruin it by going off the rails by spouting religious doctrine, war drum beating and general outdated social attitudes like gay marriage bans and containing the war on drugs.

Which is why it is so unpalatable to have to vote for either party because all the pandering they do in the run up belies the fact that they are either just saying what they think people want to hear or they are truly insane.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: crazyewok

Well, to his credit, he got farther than his dad did (and I had 3 Ron Paul signs in my yard); but, he also looks very tired and pale, I think.

Stress.
I would be trapped in a room of loons.
I dont think I would last 3 minutes before I got sick of people like Trump and Cruz and stuck told them to shut the F up.

I think he got a good heart but is trapped playing the politics game in DC and that will tire anyone out.

Its a shame because I think he has some pretty balanced views.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We need to do away with “The Debate”.

The president of the united states doesn’t debate anyone; so watching how well a candidate debates is highly irrelevant and a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: crazyewok

The problem with the GOP is a lot of the candidates make good points then ruin it by going off the rails by spouting religious doctrine, war drum beating and general outdated social attitudes like gay marriage bans and containing the war on drugs.

Which is why it is so unpalatable to have to vote for either party because all the pandering they do in the run up belies the fact that they are either just saying what they think people want to hear or they are truly insane.

The fact they are literally puppets for whoever sponsor them too likely accounts for there almost schizophrenic stances and back peddling. There views are up for the highest bidder.

Well except trump who I think is just bat # insane!

I think that's why Sanders is at least consistent as he is not really under the same influence. Its just a shame his policy's will likely be unworkable in the USA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join