It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dicovered fire, then electricity, Internet... What's next for man kind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Dicovered fire, then electricity, Internet... What's next for man kind?

I don't know, but by our past record it will be something used for war or torture.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

fire, then electricity, Internet

What about the wheel, money and the Pill?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Immortatlity , internet of things , nano medicine ,AI , robots ,and implented biometric should be around the 20 year corner.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FromRussiaWithLove

Discovery of aliens, I mean officially

Discovery of soul next

Discovery of God next

I agree the first one but I really feel that as we become more advanced we will turn our backs more and more to archaic religions (and modern abominations such as Jehova's Witnesses and The Church of Scientology).

I do think the Technological Singularity will be next....

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

My question is what's the next big leap to be discovered by mankind?

We're going to discover how effing stupid we are for emitting stuff into our atmosphere, creating behemoth underground caverns/voids that refill due to pressure- even after we have discovered renewables?

then we'll all sit down and enjoy a sandwich....

edit on (10/29/1515 by loveguy because: just trying to learn how to quote effectively

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The next big discoveries will be; understanding protein folding, DNA, genomics, the whole big picture of how a critter grows from one cell to a complex creature of over several trillion cells. It takes a supercomputer to figure out how a single protein folds, yet this is done trillions of time a day by biological cells. We'll probably find out that cells operate like present-day superscalar computers.

The next big thing will be to understand how gravity and atomic nucleii interact and how gravity can be amplified or cancelled out in the same way that magnetism can be manipulated. Maxwell had derived the equations in the 1800's, so they were known for over one hundred years. It wasn't until recorded sound, loudspeakers, microphones, telephones and record players were developed that those equations suddenly became practical.

Tractor beams using radio waves, light or neutrinos. Just imagine an array of lasers or intense light that is at those frequencies that can pass through human tissue. If they could interact in the same way as ultrasound we can move stuff around.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hopefully they will discover how to store the small packets of butter served in fast food outlets at the right temperature so it can be spread on soft bread.Instead so cold and hard they can write on diamond with it,or warm enough that it's turned to a gas

Seriously though,I reckon nanites and practical and portable optical cloaking will be next.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I think it will be in 4 areas.

Gene editing (already happening)

Extra-Dimensions which will support the notion of parallel universes (happening at LHC)

Machine Intelligence (booming right now and Google and Facebook are investing heavily in these areas)

The announcement that microbial life exists in our solar system on other planets and moons and therefore life in the universe is more abundant than previously thought.
edit on 29-10-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Gravity being able to cancel out like magnets, wow my first time hearing of such theory. That'll be so tight if we find there's two positives in Gravity and can get it to repel instead of attract, if that even sounds possible in the world of physics

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've been thinking about that sort of thing all the time. I think it will be telepathic technology. Like the entire world being connected mentally via technology and implants. Imagine being able to carry a conversation with a friend just by thinking about or sending an image. We have mastered cell phones and wireless data, and they have technology that can map out brain signals so that just by purely thinking of extending your arm a prosthetic will actually do it. So just mix the two together?

I think with it we will see the world change so drastically, imagine people working and collaborating with really no distance between themselves, you could even marry and date and live your whole life with someone you never met physically especially as the technology of virtual reality is kicking off. We wont ever really be disconnected anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
A full understanding of consciousness.

Then,perhaps we can progress in a meaningful manner.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Free energy.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Discovered fire, then electricity, Internet... What's next for man kind

The natural brain-network that is being emulated by all of our other hardware and software-based network analogues.

edit on 31-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

> What's next for mankind?

Sex bots.

edit on 1-11-2015 by bulrush because: n/a

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We are on the brink of many new discoveries and inventions but as far as house hold use for all of mankind I think something like replacing fossil fuels would be a big game changer.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'd be happy if I had space to fit a dish washer...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Telepathy

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Electricity doing everything for us. We will move from a materialistic society to a more energetic based society.

Using free energy beaming it around the world, and learning to work with that energy focusing our minds to direct its use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join