It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy born with no brain then 2 years later giggled and said "Mum"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Why not just say 10 in 100,000? LOL

because:
2x 10.000 != 10x 100.000

even if their number is false...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy
I never said anyone suggested normal development for the child. I said I would be curious to read about it’s further development, and I wished the child and his family well. Also, I don’t know that the Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus have actually heard the child utter any words or are taking the mother’s word for it. It wasn’t made that clear. Personally, I hope the child did say the word “mummy” and goes on to learn more.

It is astonishing that the child is showing signs of conscious awareness and feelings by giggling. I wonder also if the child cries and shows signs of being upset. It would be amazing to me. That’s why I said I sometimes wondered how distributed these functions are throughout the nervous system.

No matter what, I wish them all well and would like to read more about this case in the future.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This brought a tear to my eye. Actually several. A parent gets it. This boy is special and not the "short bus" kind. He's looking at his mummy in that pic. He's aware. He's sentient. He's got a soul and spirit. He is alive. I love this kid. :-)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Why not just say 10 in 100,000? LOL

because:
2x 10.000 != 10x 100.000

even if their number is false...

you didn't get it.

if your going to swag a number, why choose that number to swag?

("Swag" = Some Wild Ass Guess). Statistics tend to be summarized to 2 decimal points. 1.31, if rounding, rounds down.

Regardless, and again, standard mathematical process would have you reduce your numbers. 2 in 10000 = 1 in 5000.

The way its reported makes it difficult to take seriously for someone who takes numbers seriously.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Bt here is enough evidence now that most of can admit we are surrounded by spirits.
If a spirit can communicate (some at least as I think you have to learn) and also hear humans and there is no brain,mouth, ears etc. Unless it's done psychicly which sometimes it is but it doesn't explain how a spirit can read a letter or hear us or us hear them with witnesses. That's my theory. It's no different than Jesus and early Christians healing the lame yet today medicine says it's impossible.

To me it's all possible.

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Well, there is your proof, of us being just conscious energy beings...size of brain doesn't really matter, does it?

Proof

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

We have no info on the level of consciousness the child is experiencing so no. In fact, if the child is mentally hundred in any way it would be proof against your position.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Do you have any other evidence than "I think it's a guess because I think it's a guess"?
edit on 30-10-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yes, and often a headless chicken will not only keep moving, not only show an awareness as they move (as by the brainstem,) but also move about their terrain as if they can see. I've heard that a farmer can cut the heads off a number of chickens and they'll all run around, uphill and downhill, over rocks or mud, for a long time without any of them tripping over anything. This proves that consciousness is not limited to the brain. If a headless chicken was just walking over a flat floor, I might be persuaded to believe that it was merely his nervous system and brainstem at work, along with a little luck. When they can move about, headless, over terrain, that's something else!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Do you have any other evidence than "I think it's a guess because I think it's a guess"?

Oh good Lord.....

.....Its not a guess. Its an incorrect number. You can find a wide range of numbers given as a prevalence, depending on study:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Im curious if I am the only person who was taught that you should always reduce ratios and fractions?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There is more neural tissue in the abdomen than in a brain.
I would look for transmission from the 'gut' to the mouth if there is insufficient material in the skull to perform the task.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: largo

Hey, I know this guy that the OP is talking about ! He's on ATS with multiple accounts......argues with me all the time ! Seems to call people Mum a lot, though.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
And how is this proving atheists are capable of pronouncing words?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201
And how is this proving atheists are capable of pronouncing words?

wuuuuuuut ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join