It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Out of the billions and billions of galaxies with each one having billions of stars and planets, it'd be crazy to say humans are the only beings that have come about in the universe. We've already found planets just like earth and much larger, planets not too close or too far from its sun in the habitual zone, as well as planets that have large liquid oceans. The possibilities for all the different people ("aliens"), plants, and animals seems endless. Out of all the planets we've found so far, many of them show amazing and extreme conditions ranging from ones being burned up by its sun, to ones here in our own solar system with never ending storms and winds that are hundreds of miles per hour, to even large planets that have broke away from their star and now free float through space alone. The exploration has just started.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Plus we just found alcohol and simple sugars in a (comet?) tail. Simple building blocks of life.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Sure. You can say as much today, but even ten years ago you could not without a lot of counter arguments. See the progression? It is a natural progression, given and predictable. And all necessary until your grandparents can sit through an evening newscast detailing the "finding" exciting fossils on Mars and then the follow up of signs of life our there or other earth-like planets. Eventually, everyone will get so accustomed to thinking about the rational plurality of life around us in the Universe the UFO beings will be able to reveal themselves and help us to get down to the real business of being humans.

I have often praised the foresight of the author Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End as the definitive work of science fiction that portrays our eventual future. I suggest it as a MUST reading for those unafraid to look human destiny square on.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Eventually, everyone will get so accustomed to thinking about the rational plurality of life around us in the Universe the UFO beings will be able to reveal themselves and help us to get down to the real business of being humans.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
Plus we just found alcohol and simple sugars in a (comet?) tail. Simple building blocks of life.

Or the simple building blocks of a margarita. Either way it's all good

On a serious note, all these new discoveries of exoplanets make this a very exciting time to be alive.
edit on 28-10-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
More information, more knowledge... where 20-30 years ago we could just guess if planets are common, now finally we have instruments that can show us that planets are not rare...

Being able to see progress in findings as well in what kind of instruments take to discover this kind of things... just mind blowing...

In my opinion, thinking that we are only planet with life - just ignorance...

On November 4, 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of sun-like stars and red dwarf stars within the Milky Way Galaxy.

www.nytimes.com...

EDIT: Also new young star found in our galaxy center, where we believed were only mature older stars...

www.space.com...
edit on 28-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

Hmmm, alcohol? You got me interested

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Telepathy3

Sure. You can say as much today, but even ten years ago you could not without a lot of counter arguments. See the progression? It is a natural progression, given and predictable.

Not really.

Sure -- there was no hard evidence of other planets outside our solar system until two decades ago, but astronomers and other scientists had no reason to personally DOUBT they existed. If you would have asked 100 scientists in 1980 or 1990 whether they personally thought other planets existed and/or if there is other life in the universe, I bet an overwhelming percentage would have said "I personally feel that other planets/life elsewhere most likely exists, but science has no real evidence".

I mean, science was already openly discussing the possibility of life on Europa back in 1979 when Voyager visited, or the possibilities of life on Titan when Voyager II visited Saturn in the early 1980s.

The concept of life elsewhere didn't originate with the discovery of exoplanets; the concept only became more tangible.

edit on 10/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join