It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Grabbing her like that would not have been the first step, and then when she reacts like every person ever to being grabbed I wouldn't of decided I needed to practice my MMA on her.
Are you saying you would of acted the same way as the officer?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Sremmos80

How would you have handled the situation?

If I am not in a hurry to get to the doughnut shop and she remained quiet, I'd stay in the class rm let her sit there and monitor her behaviour wait till after the bell rang contact her parents, the school and they should decide what to do from there on in , my job for the moment is done,time for doughnuts.
edit on 26-10-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

(post by VictorBloodworth removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

At what point in the video did the officer "wrap his arms around her neck" ?

At what point do people have to accept some amount of blame for their own actions ?

The only argument I agree with is that the cop shouldn't have been there.

He also shouldn't have needed to be there.

Her own actions precipitated the need for his presence.

When you teach your children how to fight do you not also teach them to walk away when they can?

good point

No its not a good point.
It's retarded.
And I have yet to see any explanation for threatening the other student with jail, as they were all sitting there quietly...for filming this pig abuse a teenage girl?
edit on 26-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

a reply to: Sremmos80

How would you have handled the situation?

If I am not in a hurry to get to the doughnut shop and she remained quiet, I'd stay in the class rm let her sit there and monitor her behaviour wait till after the bell rang contact her parents, the school and they should decide what to do from there on in , my job for the moment is done,time for doughnuts.

Exactly.
But where's the fun in that right?
They don't sign up to be reasonable, they sign up to bust heads.
In this case he probably nearly did.
If I was the teacher I'd have clubbed him over the skull with a chair.
I don't care how disruptive she was being.
It doesn't warrant assault or arrest.
#ing morons who think it does need to be the ones locked up.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here is a second, closer video of the incident posted on Instagram by a student from the classroom. They also provide a brief description of actions that took place leading up to this altercation.

LINK

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Dang Abe Im surprised you are defending this..

If I come home from work and my wife is in my seat, and I tell her to get out of my seat and give me the remote. and she says no, and I tell her again to effing move, and she again says no eff you make me, and I go pick her and the chair up slam them to the ground, drag her five feet and throw her in the kitchen, and its all caught on video, would that be okay??

I dont know how the cop should have handled it but this is not it..
edit on 27-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The only argument I agree with is that the cop shouldn't have been there.

He also shouldn't have needed to be there.

Her own actions precipitated the need for his presence.

You aren't agreeing the point for the right reason.
He shouldn't have been there because he DOESN'T #ING BELONG IN A SCHOOL.
Not because she should have behaved herself.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Yeah from that angle he can be clearly seen grabbing her round the neck and pulling her over while simultaneously flipping the chair from the bottom then he drags her away ...

Pretty much man handled her for being stubborn and refusing to leave....he used exesive force that was completely unnecessary....

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Dang Abe Im surprised you are defending this..

If I come home from work and my wife is in my seat, and I tell her to get out of my seat and give me the remote. and she says no, and I tell her again to effing move, and she again says no eff you make me, and I go pick her and the chair up slam them to the ground, drag her five feet and throw her in the kitchen, and its all caught on video, would that be okay??

I dont know how the cop should have handled it but this is not it..

If you were a cop, you'd be fine.
Your cop buddies would laugh it off, then threaten your wife and her family to keep quiet...maybe even arrest her for her own "safety".
I'm not even being sarcastic, because that's exactly how it would go.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
Here is a second, closer video of the incident posted on Instagram by a student from the classroom. They also provide a brief description of actions that took place leading up to this altercation.

LINK

thank you for the link.
the uploader gives a good description of what happened too.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Since when did disrupting a class become an arrestable offence anyway?
If you did this to your child you would likely be charged, your children taken away, and your life ruined.
But if your a cop, its magically OK, because why?
Because disobeying a cop whether they are right or wrong is grounds for an assault and battery and a bunch of trumped up bull# contempt of asshole charges?
You need to give your heads a serious shake if you think this is how a school should be run.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

LINK

thank you for the link.

Actually the uploader gave a crap description that is contradicted by several commenters..and apparently officer asshat actually did arrest the other student...for praying for the assaulted student.
Stupid on top of stupid, supported by even stupider.

edit on 27-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

You also failed to mention that this waste of skin has several complaints and a history of assaulting students, including an outstanding lawsuit for one of them...
Fine upstanding example of police state piggery...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

LINK

thank you for the link.

From this angle it looks like he tried to pick her up one arm under the legs and one arm behind the head area. Once he touches her, she immediately freaks out and clearly punches him 2-3 times (lands one good one, got hung up on the rest) while seemingly throwing herself back wards. At that point he drug her out of the class.

Not picking sides just a description of what I'm seeing. I will say That instagram video is not going to help her in court. She punches a cop 3 times.
edit on 27-10-2015 by PlasticWizard because: More info

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard
It looks like she was in pure panic mode. I only see a reactionary slap from the girl. She's a kid and she's black. She's in the middle of a multi institutional approved beat down by a white cop. She and all the other kids are most likely scared senseless. I have no idea how there will be any learning in this school with all the rebellion that has been stirred up in these kids. Here we go again.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

LINK

thank you for the link.

From this angle it looks like he tried to pick her up one arm under the legs and one arm behind the head area. Once he touches her, she immediately freaks out and clearly punches him 2-3 times (lands one good one, got hung up on the rest) while seemingly throwing herself back wards. At that point he drug her out of the class.

Not picking sides just a description of what I'm seeing. I will say That instagram video is not going to help her in court. She punches a cop 3 times.

And he deserved every one of them and more..
If u hear one more proud parent boasting how they brought their kid up right, to respect all authority, I'm gonna puke.
No, you didn't. You brought them up to be slaves.
Congratulations, idiot...you just added one more mindless drone into the mix.
Orwell is laughing his ass off somewhere at such abject stupidity.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

I have no doubt that she was only reacting out of fear at that point. I also don't think it was a police beat down either. I think he was just trying to get her out of the class and things went south when she called his Bluff. Lots of things should have been done differently all around..

Back when I was in school( bout 20+years ago) we had a situation like this, the school badass didn't want to leave the class after the teacher told him to. She walked up behind him grabbed the back of his desk and drug him out in the hallway.. Desk and all.. Then locked the door and resumed class and dealt with him in between classes. That worked.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard
Same in my school.
No jackboot thugs necessary.
In fact, they would have laughed at you, and said it isn't a criminal matter to be a jackass teenager.
But apparently, now a days, being a teenager is pretty much a felony.
Stupid.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Lol I like you! Your hate speak amuses me. You pretend like you know me from what less than 75 words on one video.

As I said in another post, lots of things could have been done differently.

Save the orwellian hate speech for someone else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join