It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

So the consequence was to be choke slammed? And she knew that was the consequence? Wow, that's really dumb, no offense. No way she deserved to be choke slammed for refusing to leave, the officer obviously has some kind of superiority complex. What's more disturbing than the video is people actually defending what happened here.

I agree she should have just gotten up and did as she was told, but to be choke slammed by a guy twice her size? That's pretty excessive.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Imposing officer my ass.
And for a supposed power lifter, he could barely pick that girl up.
He's a little coward, like all of them.
You need to get these punks out of your schools.
Period.
edit on 26-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Because of all the media attention to abuses of authority and the lack of a strong guiding hand at home, many children have developed an " I don't have to do what you tell me" attitude.

He was bigger than her is not an excuse, she was disruptive, she was asked to leave.

This is where "make me" gets you.

As far as the "If it was my daughter..." comments, if you had raised your daughter correctly, she wouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
That is asinine.
She wasn't resisting, she had no time to before that vicious p.o.s. grabbed her by throat and threw her on the back of her head.
Anybody defending this dick is a coward of the highest order.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Uh there was no choke, and certainly no choke slam as you BOLDLY state.

Sensationalism and yellow journalism usually win out over facts though, well played.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Wrong, watch the video again and you will see she attempts to throw off the officer's arm.

Also where the heck is the previous 30 seconds of video that was cleverly edited out?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

He was bigger than her is not an excuse, she was disruptive, she was asked to leave.

You are right, she should have left, and lets stop acting like this screw the man is anything new.
Counter culture has been around forever.

We know nothing about this kids home life and what discipline she does or does not get.
I know it is fun to act like she is going home to parents that don't care, but you don't know that. For all we know she has a stable home, those kids act out too.

All that being said, THIS IS ABOUT THE OFFICERS ACTIONS any one that can excuse that because a child didn't want to leave her seat in a damn high school classroom seriously makes me wonder.
How can that possibly be the acceptable reaction? Why the hell is the cop even there in the first place??
Jesus, we had kids that did the same thing in school and never once saw the cops there.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Grabbed the throat, lifted up and thrown over backwards.
That's a chokeslam, don't even try to deny it, its right there for those to see who aren't blinded by love of authority.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Please show me a screen cap of the officer "grabbing her throat".

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How would you have handled the situation?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oh boohoo, poor little powiceman.
Dude, just stop it.
Every sentence you say is dumber than the last.
Unless she was waving a weapon around, it doesn't matter what happened 30 seconds before.
His reaction was uncalled for from a civilized human being.
For a pig, yes, human being, no.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

What should the officer have done?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You are ridiculous...screen grab.
Why don't YOU watch the damn video?
What the hell do you think he was holding on to when he lifted her up and threw her backwards?
Like it even matters, since he dropped her on the back of her head with a desk on top of her...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
He shouldn't even have been there.
It's not a #ing prison.
Do you understand that?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You're right, he just wrapped his arm around her neck, slammed her to the ground then dragged her a good 7 or 8 feet across the floor.

This guy would be a hell of a wrestler. If only they had a league where full grown men wrestled high school girls.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
He wouldn't have the balls to try that with a grown man without 5 of his pussy brothers standing around with guns at the ready.
Brave men and women all of them...pffft.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

At what point in the video did the officer "wrap his arms around her neck" ?

At what point do people have to accept some amount of blame for their own actions ?

The only argument I agree with is that the cop shouldn't have been there.

He also shouldn't have needed to be there.

Her own actions precipitated the need for his presence.

When you teach your children how to fight do you not also teach them to walk away when they can?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You two make me sick...bootlicking cowards.

for saying the girl should have left when asked i'm a bootlicking coward?
there is a time to argue your point in any interaction with a police officer. it is in court or before a committee assigned authority to review the incident. it is never a good idea to argue with a police officer. if you do, only bad things will happen.
no force would have been necessary if she only got up and quietly left when asked.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

3 second mark.

And what were her actions? All I see is her sitting at her desk refusing to get up. Hardly a reason to throw her to the ground and drag her across the floor and arrest her. I don't see her as a threat to anyone, the only threat I see is the officer.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

At what point in the video did the officer "wrap his arms around her neck" ?

At what point do people have to accept some amount of blame for their own actions ?

The only argument I agree with is that the cop shouldn't have been there.

He also shouldn't have needed to be there.

Her own actions precipitated the need for his presence.

When you teach your children how to fight do you not also teach them to walk away when they can?

good point

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join