It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Deputy Ben Fields was caught on camera at Spring Valley High School in Columbia ordering a student out of her seat. The imposing officer, who is a powerlifter in his free time, stands over her desk and tells the student, "either you're coming with me or I'll make you." Without giving her time to get up, he grabs her and flips her over, slamming her, and her desk, onto the ground.

The veteran officer then drags her out of her chair and tossed her across the room, as students watched speechlessly. The deputy pinned the senior student down as he puts her hands behind her back. He tells another student, "I'll put you in jail next."

South Carolina school officer caught on video beating down student in arrest

I feel like a broken record sometimes when I post these videos, but they need to be seen. We can't just ignore this epidemic that's going on with police brutality. Ironically another thread was just posted that covers the "Youtube Effect" which officers are complaining about. I watched the CNN analysis and the guy actually defends the officer, and doesn't seem to think the officers behavior is inappropriate. The officer is apparently a power lifter, yet still has to use excessive force. Some people have to beat up the weak in order to feel powerful, and this career attracts sociopaths. I don't think people realize that throwing someone around is not a joke, especially someone this young who could have vertebrae in their neck fractured.

edit on 26-10-2015 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Teenagers are hard to deal with, but if i did this to my daughter every time she threw a temper tantrum i would be arrested for domestic battery.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
He must have felt so big throwing that kid around the classroom like that. What a power trip! Let's not try to settle this non-violently, let's just grab the kid around the neck then slam him backwards into the ground, desk and all.

What a douche. I hope he gets punished for this.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Police said the student was under arrest for refusing to the leave the classroom after being disruptive.

.... Huh, seems a bit drastic.
Think an administrator, like the vice principle or student counselor would have been a better figure to come.

Really is a disturbing video.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

You can pick someone up without throwing them. Especially if you're a powerlifter.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is a very disturbing video.

I'm at a loss for words.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i wish i was relater to her.... it'd make sure he'd never do this to any other teenage GIRLS, it would be his last worst mistake.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is a very disturbing video.

I'm at a loss for words.

Welcome to the new 'Merica.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The worst offense to a Cop may not actually involve breaking any laws, but to show any signs real or imagined of being disrespectful .

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Unless this kid is 18, which is possible I suppose since she is a senior, this guy should be charged with assault of a minor. Plain and simple. An adult cannot put their hands on a kid in an aggressive manner anymore. The only exception being self defense, and this kid was obviously making no move or physical threat to that officer.

Sure, I'm sure the kid might be a punk or bad/disruptive student, but the cops handling of the situation is absolutely uncalled for.

Shame.
edit on 26-10-2015 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

all she had to do was leave the class and she decided not to. she is looking to sue the school, the security team and anyone else that is remotely involved with the incident. the time to argue the fairness or lack of fairness isn't at the time of the incident. it's before the school administrator or whoever has authority in this matter. she knew what would happen if she refused to leave when politely asked. i don't feel sorry for her. she chose the path and now she has to walk it to its end. it was planned long before the incident that she would attempt to poke the bear and enter into a lawsuit.

unfortunately the security officer, the teacher and the school staff will now be involved in a law suit because of the decision of this kid to "fight the power!"

bovine excrement

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

So you think choke slamming her and dragging her across the floor was justified? The guy was twice her size, he could have handled it a lot better than he did.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, but I think that when you are asked to get out of your seat you should. I mean, what I saw was a bunch of kids listening because someone had the balls to get the kid out of their seat.

When I was in school if you got in trouble in school you were in more trouble when you got home.

(post by gentledissident removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So you think choke slamming her and dragging her across the floor was justified?

Clearly there are some people on ATS who should not be in positions of authority.
edit on 26-10-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oops.
edit on 26-10-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He could have killed her. You don't excuse this type of behavior in civilized society and you sure as hell don't do it.

Here's the Facebook link to the sheriff's office- m.facebook.com...
edit on 27-10-2015 by mikemars261 because: added link

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

yes.

all she had to do was leave when asked. simple. all of the drama could have been avoided. she made the decision to test the system and the system responded. she knew, as well as the entire school know the consequences of this type of action.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

But she didn't, so does that excuse the officers actions?

That is the topic, not the actions of the KID but of the grown ass man that manhandled her.

Care to address that part?
To me it seems you have no issues with it, is that accurate?
That is not the accepted response to refusing to leave like you are trying to say, that is a very ignorant statement imo.

edit on thMon, 26 Oct 2015 22:55:39 -0500America/Chicago1020153980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 26 Oct 2015 22:57:18 -0500America/Chicago1020151880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

(post by VictorBloodworth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join