It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slaughterhouse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In an area of Southern NJ, there is a section known as the Pine Barrens. It is home to "The Jersey Devil" and is loaded with many forms of life that are indiginous to only this area. The water in the many lakes and streams is what locals call "cedar water". Many accounts claim that the water in these streams, rivers, and lakes is "blood red". It is more brown, the color of drying blood than bright red. It is not polluted water, in fact it is considered very clean by most standards. Having spent MANY a day and night in the Pine Barrens, it doesn't take alot of imagination to feel as though you are in a haunted place while there.

When I was in my late teens, my buddies and I came across a very old farm home that was falling apart. The roof for the most part had caved in, one side of the entire home was missing, and so on. The lower rooms were fairly intact, with holes in the plaster walls, and litter from a past life throughout the place. Very narrow stairways would take you to the 2nd, and 3rd floors, and a rock lines stairwell took you into the basement. I would estimate that the house had been abandoned for 20 years, and it showed. Lots of dirt, and water stains everywhere. It was a great place to hang out, ideally creepy. There were old bottles, and trinkets you would occassionaly find - nothing we found was ever worth anything, but fascinating to look at and speculate what the owner was like. Like I said it was a delapidated, very cool hangout.
With one exception.
Attached to the back of the house - with no opening to the inside of the house, you had to go outside and enter from an exterior entrance, was a room that you had to take 3 steps down to get into the entranceway, there was also a very large garage type door at the far end leading to what was once the back yard. The first time we were there, we didn't even see this room, as we were busy exploring all of the rest of the house. The second time we went, we went to this room, took the 3 steps down, and opened the door. It's important to note that there were no other doors in the house, they all were missing. We opened the door, and much to our amazement, there was a clean floor with a drain in one corner. Hooks hung from the ceilings and walls - we were inside what was the slaughterhouse.
There were 2 sinks along one of the walls. 2 tables were in the center of the room, not far from the sinks. I'm not claiming that this room was sterile like a doctors office, but it was clean, and looked like it could've been used last week. The feeling of a prescence was unmistakable. The rest of the house was absolutely trashed, yet this one room was ready to go......
We took a ton of pictures, hoping to catch some anomalies on film, but aside from a couple of "different" things we never really saw anything on any photos.
We all said we were going to spend Halloween night there, but we never had the cajones to actually do it. VERY VERY creepy.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Very creepy story! One thing is missing though, THE PICS! I would love to see the pictures as they sound pretty wild.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
u r a good writer
(maybe hunters used it)
(maybe a cereal killer used it)
(i mean a surreal keeler)

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Jeepers creeepers, where did you get those peepers? Jeepers creepers , where did you get those eyes?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As skychief said, you HAVE to get those pictures posted!!!!

[EDIT] Do you know exactly where the place was like maybe post some map grid numbers or a map to show where it was??

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

As skychief said, you HAVE to get those pictures posted!!!!

[EDIT] Do you know exactly where the place was like maybe post some map grid numbers or a map to show where it was??

I'll look for those pictures, I know I still have them somewhere, however it's been quite a few years now. I'll be happy to post whatever map numbers are necessary - let me ask though, how do you get the coordinates? It's in the middle of woods.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The grid references around the edge of the map. Or the map may show some sign of activity around the area.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here is a link to mapquest that shows the approx. location. I'll give more details if you'd like as to where exactly it is.

www.mapquest.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes, please post the actual location. I appreciate the map, however I would like to visit the exact location. Very cool stuff!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i'd love to see some of these creepy images.

you wouldn't happen to have any of the old trashed side of the house as well would you?

if i'm not mistaken...is it the same area of the "devil child"?
i remember seeing a mystery hunt show on tv in which they went to jersey at night to find this devil.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Nice find. Me and my buddys go looking for this sort of stuff. Never really found anything, but a recently used looking slaughter house is an epic find. Creepy stuff man, but is'nt that how horror movies start? I don't want to here about someone on the evening news about this place.
Try and find those pics man, pics are everything.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Great story.
reading this reminded me of a house very similar to this that we used to party at when i was a kid, stuff from the owners still strewn about. And one other feature caught my eye when i read your story. Did it seem that the house was out of place to its surroundings, like it shouldn't have been there, or what was the purpose of putting a house in a spot like that?.
Just wondering if you had those same feelings.

Parker

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is this the same area that that the Incunabula and Ong's Hat material originated from?

I've heard there are a lot of strange things that go on in New Jersey.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

i'd love to see some of these creepy images.

you wouldn't happen to have any of the old trashed side of the house as well would you?

Yes I do have pictures of the side of the house, the inside of the house, the basement, the graveyard, as well as the slaughterhouse.

if i'm not mistaken...is it the same area of the "devil child"?
i remember seeing a mystery hunt show on tv in which they went to jersey at night to find this devil.

Yes, The Jersey Devil. It's right smack in the middle of Jersey Devil territory.

And one other feature caught my eye when i read your story. Did it seem that the house was out of place to its surroundings, like it shouldn't have been there, or what was the purpose of putting a house in a spot like that?.

That was one of the things that was so alluring. My buddies and I were always taking photographs in the Pine Barrens. We went canoeing (the best canoeing in the country IMO) all the time and would just dock on the side and walk. It is supposedly haunted, and there are probably thousands of old abandoned, houses, mills, cabins, and so on. We stumbled upon this house purely by accident. I have to assume that at one point it was a farm house. Alot of farm houses sit in the middle of their farms. Only problem with this theory is that in the Pine Barrens, the earth is mostly sand. Very little soil, therefore farming is nearly impossible with the exception of some minor crops, but no fields of corn or the like there.
It sits in the middle of very dense forest, the land immediately around the house was cleared of trees, however new growth (many years old) was taking hold. A tiny little graveyard of about 8 headstones was several hundred yards behind the house. There was no plumbing, or electrical connections evident at all. The sinks in the slaughter house had drain plugs, however no faucets - like the type you would fill up manually the remove the plug to let it drain through the floor drain. The river was approx 100 yards to the right. There were fireplaces in almost every room.

Man it's been quite a few years since I've been there, but now I gotta go back.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This doesn't sound paranormal to me,
sounds more like someone was using it for some reason, as the title suggests, maybe slaughtering....did I miss something or miss read something?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This doesn't sound paranormal to me, sounds more like someone was using it for some reason, as the title suggests, maybe slaughtering....did I miss something or miss read something?

No I would have to agree for the most part about the lack of "paranormal" It's the best way I can explain it. So no LadyV, you didn't misread a thing!
It was just VERY creepy, and I guess that unless you were actually in this place that you can't get a feel for the true creepiness of it. You've heard stories of a "presence" being felt at certain times and places, and this is one of those places. There was absolutely no doubt about it, there is a presence there. Sometimes like a cool breath on the back of your neck, it would make your hair raise, and goosebumps.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hi Superdude!

Bit off subject but how did you get 35633 ATS points in about 1month since you registered?

also, where are the pics?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hi Superdude!

Bit off subject but how did you get 35633 ATS points in about 1month since you registered?

also, where are the pics?

Hello Klepto! I have no life and I'm on alot! I have to scan the photos, then I'll upload them. They were taken long before the days of digital cameras...... By the way, how do you upload photos here?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
To upload pics simply go into the members centre (the yellow tab at the top of the page when your logged in) and on the special features bit press browse, find your ppics and upload `em. Cant wait to see these pics!!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Imagine, a brown river in New Joisy, and a secluded house with slaughterroom in it. For making capicola or a nice 'lil supersode eh? Maybe some Salam and Proscuit no? Or maybe a rat fink who went to 'da feds'.

Brown rivers and mobster, gotta luv Joisy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join