It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon causes cancer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Damn looks like alot of people are getting cancer from eating meat!
Luckly I dont, never have and never will eat meat. . . .

hahaha...being vegan is why you spend so much time in the Philosophy and metaphysics forum - dangerous thinking

It's common for a vegan to mistake a hunger for a BBQ pulled pork sandwich with a hunger for knowledge.

edit on 26-10-2015 by HighDesertPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi, meat fans.

The title of the OP is desinformation !!!

See the title on his link:

Processed meats do cause cancer

Soooooooo, Processed meats are full of CRAP.

Soooooooo for us, if we eat ORGANIC, the "risk" could be almost ZERO !!

So PLEASE, REPORT YOUR LINKS HONNESTLY !!!!

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yup, as someone said earlier, everything can cause cancer. If you handpick the research you can show things as you want others to see it. If two ounces of bacon causes collorectal cancer, how come a real lot of people who eat bacon do not have this cancer.

If they are observing the nitrates or nitrates as their evidence, then yes, that can slow cell death and lead to possible cancer formation. That is the basis they used to say is the reason that nicotine causes cancer. Now by consuming coffee with the bacon, it will neutralize the nitrites by the methyl group combining with the nitrogen and forming ammonia. The antidote is coffee but it needs to be real coffee, not that decaf crap. Also the caffeic acid in coffee is anticancer so it helps to neutralize carcinogens. But you need some benzoic acid or benzoates to neutralize the ammonia formed in the blood. The bacon might be able to supply that but OJ can do that well. Now too much nitrites is no good for anyone, neither is too much sulfites on a regular basis.

So don't skip the coffee and eggs when you eat your breakfast, it might be needed. Now toast contains luicine compounds that bind to the nitrites too, making them unabsorbable. So you can neutralize things many different ways. Just don't be eating a pound of bacon by itself, it needs companion foods.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Processed meat is what it said- that includes bacon, ham, turkey, chicken, sausage, and many others. You start talking about not eating red meat. Bacon is not "red meat". You're getting your facts and your misunderstood and misinformed MSM talking points confused.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Instead we should trust the non-agenda driven United Nations, right?

Uh huh… and how does the UN stand to benefit? Please define this agenda (or is this just overall liberal-fear stuff). And all that aside, to say that these studies & ideas originated from the UN is hogwash (n.p.i.). As if we should trust the meat industry?? Come on man.

originally posted by: redhorse

You do realize that a significant amount of the people commenting are from the UK right?

Sure, ok, touché, some people commenting from the UK are responding in a typical USA machismo kinda way. I forgot, the eating habits of the UK are a model for a healthy civilization.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Uh huh… and how does the UN stand to benefit? Please define this agenda (or is this just overall liberal-fear stuff). And all that aside, to say that these studies & ideas originated from the UN is hogwash (n.p.i.). As if we should trust the meat industry?? Come on man.

Via the investments of corrupt members into pet or engineered projects.

As for trusting the meat industry I trust the local farmer from whom I purchase my beef/pork/lamb products. He does an amazing job.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nobody lays on their death bed wishing they had eaten more bacon.... but most wish they had more time to live.

I watched my father die from Pancreatic cancer after a two year painful struggle. He loved processed meats...

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully someone will live a little longer because of it....
edit on 26-10-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Ah yes, such a wash of typical American 'denial' and 'I don't care' responses here. It always amazes me that there are some select topics that people just want to be blind to and adhere to establishment on. Which is most surprising coming from ATS. Denying ignorance… anyone?

Part of a varied community here. Not everyone will see it the same.

The meat industry in the USA is as establishment and disastrous as all get-out.

Damn straight it is. Implore meat eaters to buy trusted and local if at all possible.

I already saw representatives on the news trying to do damage control and call these studies "false". No big surprise there.

The media pumps out on almost a daily basis "this will cause cancer" and the next week, "no, it won't cause cancer". Can't expect people to not be skeptical, that minuses the paid for types and MSM who sides with corporate agenda.

Skeptical of the news, at least some replies illustrate the issue of that here as well. Plus the key is moderation for any meats, again if one must eat it.

Let me guess… we'll probably see a study that comes out of nowhere showing that soybeans cause men to grow massive breasts in the next week.

Since soy is in everything now days as a filler for meats even, no way they are going to release that as a public concern. Espcially since that will probably knock down the sales of corporate name brands(ie. see the issue with plastic in rice as of late).

Men and women should both take regards to their soy intake due to estrogen. Never mind 80 somewhat percent is GMO soy.
edit on 26-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My morning... I wake up, brew a pot of coffee, come to my notebook and check out my usual websites (ATS being one of them). Read the story about Bacon causing cancer, get hungry, and then make bacon....... I think Bacon has a strangle hold on me, hahaha...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
it isn't bacon that gives you cancer. Nor is it beef. Or anything like that.

Its a lack of fiber along with a diet high in protein and white flour products.

Decrease either white flour or red meat while increasing fiber, and you will find that things move through more quickly, giving less opportunity for diverticules to form, and imp;roving overall colon health (and heart health, as it turns out).

ETA: i should add my own bias...i eat 3/4lb of bacon each morning during the work week. And don't take in nearly enough fiber for my liking. Mostly because im too busy to make fiber inclusive baked goods.
edit on 10/26/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hated bacon as a kid, then I learned how to cook it.

Keep Calm
and
Bacon?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Look, sunlight causes cancer too and sunscreen kills coral reefs.

So, I look at it this way. I could avoid all those things I really like that are in some way detrimental to my health according to the scientists and I would shun so many things that make life worth living -or- I can accept that I am taking some time off the end of my life and enjoy my favorite things in moderation much as I do now.

I am going to die anyhow.

The question it seems is whether or not I am so attached to life that I will seek to prolong it even to the point of making it miserable while I'm here or come to terms with the fact that I am trimming the end so I can really enjoy life even if I have less of it.

I think I'll take the latter route.

edit on 26-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Live healthy, die anyway.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I read about this earlier today, my husband's response was to roll his eyes & make a very obscene crotch-related gesture XD
It's safe to say the WHO can take our bacon, if they can pry it from our cold, dead hands first.

originally posted by: Rocketgirl
I love bacon, especially turkey bacon.

Turkey bacon is not bacon, it is a lie. Kind of like trying to convince yourself tofurkey is turkey. Ain't happening.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Eating causes Cancer.
Breathing causes Cancer.

We are screwed!!!!

WHO justifying its existence and exposing it's bias? Could be. Gotta get rid of those cow farts, so the environmental folk get together with the health folk and cook up a scheme to get rid of meat.

They push a diet of veggies and fish, except they say the fish is full of heavy metals and poisons, so can't have that.

Can't have chicken as the poor little darlings are not treated right.

Meh, this made me hungry and I've got some leftover Pepperoni Pizza in the fridge.

I give you the Bacon Turtle Burger - Hamburger wrapped in bacon with Hot Dog legs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hopefully this will get rid of the idiotic "change your life with bacon" commercials here in Canada. They are freaking annoying...

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

People worship Bacon. Some people willing to sell their wives for Bacon. Some people use Bacon to take the pees out of certain religion, especially Islam.

F***** up people.

edit on 26-10-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I give you the Bacon Turtle Burger - Hamburger wrapped in bacon with Hot Dog legs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

That's the single, greatest thing I've seen on the net today!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I see the good Lord has given the earth another genius.....

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Look, sunlight causes cancer too and sunscreen kills coral reefs.

So, I look at it this way. I could avoid all those things I really like that are in some way detrimental to my health according to the scientists and I would shun so many things that make life worth living -or- I can accept that I am taking some time off the end of my life and enjoy my favorite things in moderation much as I do now.

The question it seems is whether or not I am so attached to life that I will seek to prolong it even to the point of making it miserable while I'm here or come to terms with the fact that I am trimming the end so I can really enjoy life even if I have less of it.

I think I'll take the latter route.

I think you're right--just use common sense.

If only we had a way to make the more painful ways of dying less tortured. Like another posted here stated, someone they knew knew suffered through a 2 year battle with pancreas cancer.

It's not how long you live relaly, it's HOW you die. I think most of us agree we want a quick sudden death. We want to live fully up to the moment it stops and we drop dead. Just tell everybody you love em every day or better yet tell em you love em through your actions.
edit on 10/26/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join