It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Advertisements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
ATS,
Your current crop of advertisements are very intrusive. I haven't been able to open your website on my phone for 48 hours as it begins to load your home page before switching to an ad (that I think is trying to open my application store). I can't refresh/go back a page etc as ATS is gone. I try to enter your website again and the same happens.

Having tried to enter your website on this computer (now using a laptop) my first attempt failed as I again was directed towards a blank page with an advertisement in the middle of it.

Any other members having this problem? I'm surprised I made it this far to actually complain to be honest.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
From what I've seen on different threads discussing this issue it will most likely be blamed on your ISP injecting malicious code or something like that. Personally I don't buy it but I'm no expert and won't argue against something that I can't disprove.

Sounds like passing the buck if you ask me, but as I mentioned I could be wrong.

I used to have this issue but I now browse Desktop site when on mobile

Give it a shot if you haven't done so already.

That's if you can actually get on the site which it sounds like you can't.
edit on 26-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
They're going to close this one and refer you to the Ad thread...

That's my prediction for 2015.

Prophet in the making

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Having the same issue on desktop and phone - Can't enter 'Recent' threads what so ever, the advertisement on there is a maverick.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

None of our mobile ad partners are supposed to be doing that.

What was the ad for? I can try to see if it's coming from our ad suppliers, or somewhere else?

Also -- some of the UK-based carriers (Virgin Mobile, cough) are the most notorious for injecting their own ads into mobile content. Send me a private message with which carrier you're using, and I can see if they're on the list.

edit to add: are your desktop and mobile access via the same company?

edit on 26-10-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I've no idea what the ad is for, just opened ATS on my mobile again and I'm redirected to a blank white page with the URL 'tracking.crobo.com'. It was a different URL yesterday. (Safari I'm using by the way).

As for the laptop I'm using; whilst based in Scotland, it's my company laptop and all access is routed through their French servers (or at least I think it's French) and I'm using Chrome. So a different kettle of fish altogether.

Most definitely very glitchy at the moment.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'll give you my specs. This happens to me too. it's incredibly annoying when I go to the homepage and I'm not logged in.

iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, Asus laptop Windows 8 (it's so terrible). If I'm not logged in and I go to ats I get hit with a an ad and it forces me into the app store if I'm on anything apple half the time. I just dusted off my PC and was stormed by pop-ups when I went to ATS.

Pop up adds that autoplay are incredibly annoying. I hate it. I clearly love ATS so I deal when I come back, but if it was a site I was visiting I would close it immediately and not come back.

A number of times in the last month I've switched over to my home WiFi, after I've been logged out, log in, gone to ATS and if I try to close the ad that pops up I am instantly watching my screen open the APP store. Terrible.

I have no idea how to report it when I go to login to ATS, and I get an app on my phone popping up, hijacking me and forcing me to the APP store. Happens on my iPad too. I respect that you don't want us using adblockers, but when you have terrible autoplay ads pop up, what do you expect?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Similar situation here. It began a couple weeks ago. I click the bookmark to check one of the pages (new, hot, home), and just like hulk said, begins loading the ATS page for half a second, then redirected to an advertising page. It only happens to me about every 8th or 10th time I try, and occasionally it does auto-open my app store. Immediately after, I just re-click my ATS bookmark, and it lets me in without a problem.

Not the end of the world, more of an annoyance; some other alternative news sites are guilty of far more egregious abuses of their members- things like waves of automated bans to try and extort money from the very people who keep the site going. From all that I've seen, ATS has the best and most interesting content, and treats their contributors- both free and the paying members- with the proper amount of respect.

So if these redirects are purposeful and if this kind of sporadic surprise advertising is here to stay, it isn't a deal breaker imo... as long as it doesn't get any more intrusive.

All in all, thanks for a good and enlightening experience, ATS. And my fellow members, keep the great content coming!
edit on 10262015 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Its your settings. We all don't have such issues...ever. Check all your favs, browsers, open windows, saved pages etc. It not ATS, but you. Been discussed here in many threads Its your comp settings.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Windows 10, Chrome, USA, I get the odd ad here and there on my PC, Galaxy S5 and Chrome, Sprint, USA mobile. The occasional advert but nothing that keeps me from the page. Malware maybe?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Its your settings. We all don't have such issues...ever. Check all your favs, browsers, open windows, saved pages etc. It not ATS, but you. Been discussed here in many threads Its your comp settings.

I'm sorry but this is completely false, and you should not be spreading this. On a desktop it's one thing, but on a mobile browser it's another. I have the same problem with an iPhone on chrome browser, and I have several other friends that browse ATS and have the same issue from different carriers/internets here in the US on any mobile browser. This isn't an iPhone/mobile problem, or any ISP or injection. The worst problems are on mobile platforms. (even though the ads are still iffy on a desktop) It doesn't matter what internet you're connected to on your mobile device, ATT, personal WiFi, etc, the ads on this site are downright malicious. I have no problems on any other site. I also have 10 years of IT experience and other credentials, and I've delved into the source code for this. This is coming from an ad campaign that is linked at the domain level. This isn't "ISP injection" or whatever you're trying to spout. The ads actually take control of your browser, redirect and open your app store for you and try to get you to download an app. This is actually classified as a form of malware since it opens things and does them without your consent.

edit on 26-10-2015 by Cedius because: I r really gud at grammur

edit on 26-10-2015 by Cedius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
From what I've seen on different threads discussing this issue it will most likely be blamed on your ISP injecting malicious code or something like that. Personally I don't buy it but I'm no expert and won't argue against something that I can't disprove.

Sounds like passing the buck if you ask me, but as I mentioned I could be wrong.

I used to have this issue but I now browse Desktop site when on mobile

Give it a shot if you haven't done so already.

That's if you can actually get on the site which it sounds like you can't.

It's definitely not that, and you're right. Passing the buck. Thankfully there's ways around ads on a desktop, although mobile devices aren't quite there yet, it's coming along nicely.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No it isn't. It really isn't.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing thread here

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

Closing
edit on 10/27/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

join