It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War in Yemen News Updates, Yemeni Army Destroy Another Saudi Warship & Down Saudi Drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Yes they are backed by Iran.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Not too fussed about it even if they are, but from what I've read there have been claims but not one single shred of ACTUAL evidence yet.

Unlike ISIS driving around in brand new toyotas, supplied by the FSA, supplied to them by the US of A.

'Oh but they were given to ISIS by corrupt FSA commanders'

And as were the Houthi weapons, supplied by corrupt Iranian commanders.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So it looks like Pakistan is out of the fight against the Yemeni forces. . .. . .

www.presstv.ir...

Iran has praised the decision by the Pakistani government not to join Saudi Arabia’s deadly military aggression against its impoverished neighbor, Yemen.

Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani hailed the Pakistani government’s refusal to get militarily involved in Yemen during a meeting with Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in Pakistan’s capital city on Thursday.

The military approaches by some countries to impose their political will on their neighbors is a measure that is in line with stoking instability and insecurity in the region, Shamkhani said.

Back in April, Pakistani lawmakers voted against sending forces to help the Saudi aggression against Yemen. The Pakistani parliament passed a resolution that urges Islamabad to remain neutral vis-à-vis the conflict in Yemen, dismissing Saudi Arabia’s request to join its deadly strikes.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Just a guess but I think it's more of a political security decision ....." India, Pakistan to join China, Russia in security group"

India and Pakistan began accession to a regional security group led by China and Russia on Friday after two days of summits which President Vladimir Putin held up as evidence Moscow is not isolated in the world.

The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, meeting in the Russian city of Ufa a day after the BRICS emerging economies held a summit there, said the invitation to the two Asian nations showed a "multi-polar" world was now emerging.
in.reuters.com... There is a bit of a counter spin to the article but you can get picture of what might be really happening .

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here is some more news on the current situation in Yemen. . . . .

www.presstv.ir...

Fighters with Yemen’s ruling Ansarullah movement, backed by allied army units, have ramped up attacks on military positions in southern Saudi Arabia in retaliation for Riyadh’s incessant airstrikes across the impoverished country.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

I deplore the deaths and suffering on both sides.

However, there is something distinctly satisfying when a bully gets a bloody nose from it's victim.

Pick on one of, if not the poorest nation in the region..result? Yemen is proving to be not quite the walkover Saudi imagined they would be.

All of those billions spent on arms from the West and Israel over the decades...and Saudi cannot even put down the poorest country?

Money well spent?

Why is America not doing anything to stop the Saudi aggression? ...could it be simply that the Saudis didn't throw babies out of incubators?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So um yeah the rebels claim another Saudi warship destroyed off Yemen coast with some kind of rockets or missles. . . .

www.presstv.com...

Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement and the allied army units have sunk another Saudi military vessel in the country’s southwestern waters in a response to the relentless Saudi bombardment of the impoverished nation.

Yemen’s al-Masirah TV said on Saturday that the warship was successfully targeted as it was sailing off the coast of Mocha in the Red Sea.

It was not immediately clear how the allied forces managed to sink the vessel but it came hours after two Saudi boats were destroyed in the same area by rounds of Katyusha rockets fired from the positions of Ansarullah and the Yemeni army on the mainland.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Just watched this and thought I would share ....

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Just watched this and thought I would share ....

Nice link thx for sharing! So heres more of whats going on in the region!

www.presstv.com...

Yemeni Ansarullah fighters supported by army units have launched a series of rocket attacks against Saudi military bases in the kingdom’s southwestern region of Jizan.

According to local Yemeni media reports, Ansarullah fighters and allied army units fired a barrage of rockets at the Tuwal and al-Khowjarah military bases in the Saudi border region on Friday.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Seems the war there could go either way from some of the reports .

The Houthis have regained several positions lost in recent months across southern Yemen, in a fresh push towards the Gulf-backed government's temporary headquarters in the port city of Aden, military sources said on Sunday.

In Lahj province, which borders Aden, sources told AFP that Houthi fighters are now positioned on a hill overlooking the strategic Al-Anad airbase.

The base at present houses Sudanese forces from a Saudi-led coalition that has been battling the Houthis across Yemen since March.

The Houthi deployment near Al-Anad, which took place without fighting, "poses a real danger to pro-government and coalition forces," a military source told AFP.

Backed by coalition strikes, supplies and troops, loyalist forces launched a major counter-offensive in July, pushing the Houthis, who are based in the north of Yemen, out of Aden and four other southern provinces - Lahj, Daleh, Abyan, and Shabwa.

Meanwhile, in Al-Madaribah in southwestern Yemen on the border between Lahj and Taez provinces, fighting on Saturday between the Houthis and troops loyal to the government left casualties on both sides, according to pro-government sources.

The Houthis also retook the second city in Daleh province, Damt, after besieging it for hours and clashing with loyalist troops there, military sources said.
- See more at: www.middleeasteye.net...
www.middleeasteye.net...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

"Why is America not doing anything to stop the Saudi aggression? ...could it be simply that the Saudis didn't throw babies out of incubators? "

The USA doesn't have any clear strategic interest, and it's not clear they could do anything definitive. The house of Saud are scum, but the alternative is not a Swiss democracy but ISIS atrocity or a Iranian-controlled puppet state. Both involve significant genocide, the only difference being how theatrically gruesome.

If it interfered, would it earn any goodwill and cooperation from Iran? No. The USA hardly gets any goodwill from the other side after saving the Saudi's and Kuwaitis from Saddam. Even after the recent deal, Iran's government has been spitting venom at USA.

The USA devastated Vietnam much more than interfering with Iran, and yet decades later Vietnam is far more cooperative than Iran.

Not everything is America's fault.

edit on 8-11-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

good post ...for me it has become evident that there is a covert group within the USA that has their plans and uses the overt USA to dupe or put in a position of a response . The underbelly of the CIA is the real problem that is what is wrong with the USA .....Destroying that underbelly is the "BIG" problem that all Nations are having to deal with . Being between a rock and a hard place is what we are seeing in today's world . what to do ,Oh what to do , is what creates think tanks and hopefully someone can give us a little more time .......peace

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just watching this talk about the war in Yemen . The speaker puts some historical as well as geographic context that might help us to understand what is playing out in that part of the world ....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic, I can only hope you knew that.

The irony is that Saddam expended his usefulness and he was tired of playing lap dog. Saudi still plays lap dog and does whatever House Bush tells them to. Further is the irony that the babies and incubators was a fabrication as a pretext to get involved in the Middle East... YET again.

But yes, no strategic interest that's what it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Saddam was never a lapdog of the USA---he was allied far more with USSR. (If he had been a lapdog he wouldn't have attempted to build nukes). It's only once that Saddam and USA had a shared interest in opposing Iran.

Saudi Arabia isn't a lapdog of USA either, and doesn't do whatever house Bush tells them to. Saudi are promulgating radical Wahhabi ideology worldwide, and destroying the economic viability of US petroleum production; both of these are anathema to "House Bush".

There's a false idea that people seem to frequently hold, that USA has great control over other nations and therefore is responsible for all of their bad actions. To the contrary, all nations have substantial autonomy and take actions for their own domestic needs and pressures 98% of the time. Alliances and lack thereof included.

If there hadn't been a revolution in Iran, it would be the strongest ally of USA in the gulf region. Saddam would be an enemy and Saudi a frenemy only because of oil production, USA would be attempting to mediate between them. But without an Iranian revolution, there wouldn't be as many overseas pro-Shia interventions anyway.
edit on 11-11-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Saddam was never a lapdog of the USA---he was allied far more with USSR. (If he had been a lapdog he wouldn't have attempted to build nukes). It's only once that Saddam and USA had a shared interest in opposing Iran.

Saudi Arabia isn't a lapdog of USA either, and doesn't do whatever house Bush tells them to. Saudi are promulgating radical Wahhabi ideology worldwide, and destroying the economic viability of US petroleum production; both of these are anathema to "House Bush".

There's a false idea that people seem to frequently hold, that USA has great control over other nations and therefore is responsible for all of their bad actions. To the contrary, all nations have substantial autonomy and take actions for their own domestic needs and pressures 98% of the time. Alliances and lack thereof included.

If there hadn't been a revolution in Iran, it would be the strongest ally of USA in the gulf region. Saddam would be an enemy and Saudi a frenemy only because of oil production, USA would be attempting to mediate between them. But without an Iranian revolution, there wouldn't be as many overseas pro-Shia interventions anyway.

Care to try again?

Quote below from: NY Times 2003

As its instrument the C.I.A. had chosen the authoritarian and anti-Communist Baath Party, in 1963 still a relatively small political faction influential in the Iraqi Army. According to the former Baathist leader Hani Fkaiki, among party members colluding with the C.I.A. in 1962 and 1963 was Saddam Hussein, then a 25-year-old who had fled to Cairo after taking part in a failed assassination of Kassem in 1958.
Using lists of suspected Communists and other leftists provided by the C.I.A., the Baathists systematically murdered untold numbers of Iraq's educated elite -- killings in which Saddam Hussein himself is said to have participated.
In 1968, after yet another coup, the Baathist general Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr seized control, bringing to the threshold of power his kinsman, Saddam Hussein. Again, this coup, amid more factional violence, came with C.I.A. backing. Serving on the staff of the National Security Council under Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon in the late 1960's, I often heard C.I.A. officers -- including Archibald Roosevelt, grandson of Theodore Roosevelt and a ranking C.I.A. official for the Near East and Africa at the time -- speak openly about their close relations with the Iraqi Baathists.

I guess it depends on how you define "lap" and maybe "dog?" If you are colluding with the CIA you most certainly ARE a lapdog. How do you suppose Saddam continued to get his hands on chemical weapons?

Time to learn who runs this world. You have much research ahead of you sir. I'd suggest starting with opening your mind to all possibilities.
edit on 11-11-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If what you say is true then what wouldn't the US impose sanctions on SA ? They are the ones both furling and supplying ISIS in this whole Middle East crap . The tail does not wag the dog . It's the US system of both USD $$ and weapons that are continuing the conflict ....

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Here is some more news on the current situation in Yemen. . . . .

www.presstv.ir...

Fighters with Yemen’s ruling Ansarullah movement, backed by allied army units, have ramped up attacks on military positions in southern Saudi Arabia in retaliation for Riyadh’s incessant airstrikes across the impoverished country.

Ok. So earlier in this thread, Zaphod pointed out a blatant lie from an Iranian biased rag you posted stating they sunk a Saudi warship. Why are you continuing to post lies from an obviously biased Iranian press?

If you think Western press is biased, I simply encourage you to keep posting any and all articles you can find from presstv.ir

The West doesn't have a monopoly on disinformation.

Ps. And why is this thread even relevant anymore? Its been debunked with extreme prejudice.

edit on 12-11-2015 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So the red cross is apalled at the continued airstrikes on hospitals in Yemen. . .

I wonder what the result of that will be? Will they declare that war crimes are being commited?

www.presstv.com...
Nine months into unbridled Saudi attacks on Yemen, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) says it is appalled by the continuing strikes on the impoverished country’s healthcare facilities.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
So the red cross is apalled at the continued airstrikes on hospitals in Yemen. . .

I wonder what the result of that will be? Will they declare that war crimes are being commited?

I think they're looking for a Jew to blame. It'll take a while but somebody will pop up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join