It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Unfeelability’ Invisibility Cloak Hides Object from Being Felt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So a new tech that can make it so we cant feel something, so we cant touch something. . . . Interesting what say you ATS?
So how do you all this this could be useful?

This New Material Makes Things 'Invisible' To Touch!

english.farsnews.com...
Researchers in Germany have created the first mechanical invisibility cloak. When this cloak is placed over an object, the object cannot be felt at all — either by your finger, or a more sensitive measuring device.
This mechanical cloak, created by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany, much like most other modern invisibility cloaks, is fashioned from a metamaterial. While an optical metamaterial bends light in a weird, not-seen-in-nature way, KIT’s mechanical metamaterial has a special structure that redirects physical force in a special way. KIT’s new metamaterial is constructed out of “needle-shaped cones” of polymer that are arranged in a crystalline lattice. It sounds like the mechanical metamaterial starts life as a big lump of polymer, and then a 3D laser lithography machine creates the exact right shape.

edit on 25-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i promise i dont have a brick of hash in my bag, as you can feel there is nothing there

edit on 25-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sounds like they invented a fancy box.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Would several layers of bubble wrap not do the same thing? Or are they saying you can't feel the new material either?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The title of the video lacks logic and is such a huge clickbait... Invisibility = Cannot see/vision. Touch = Feeling/sensors

Anywho, this reminds me of Boeing's new metal Lightest Metal Ever
edit on 26-10-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Think they are saying they have developed REALLY GOOD bubble wrap though.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I swear to god Ive seen this before, here on ats.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If this technology really works, then they should work on making it bed sized. Hospital desperately need a solution to incapacitated patients getting bed sores.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If this technology really works, then they should work on making it bed sized. Hospital desperately need a solution to incapacitated patients getting bed sores.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I hope they never use this tech on toilet paper....

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
So if I had a suit of this stuff would I not feel gunshots?

top topics

join