It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overstock Holds 3 Months Of Food, $10 Million In Gold For Employees In Preparation For Collapse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

It's still gold, even from the day of Pharoh gold is currency and wealth? Seriously where did you go to school?

Workers in ancient Egypt were paid with grain, not gold coins.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's still gold, even from the day of Pharoh gold is currency and wealth? Seriously where did you go to school?

Workers in ancient Egypt were paid with grain, not gold coins.
Cause they was slaves and where hungry and always kept from wealth or education. DUH! GAWD I want to break ATS TOS with you.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Cause they was slaves and where hungry and always kept from wealth or education. DUH! GAWD I want to break ATS TOS with you.

Are you claiming that everyone in Dynastic Egypt were slaves when this is obviously not the case? While not a democratic society the citizens were still able to work and earn wages.

link   
Seriously AugustusMasonicus I am done with this one way conversation with you. You never agree and with anyone and it's always your way or no way and lies. ATS subscribers should realize what and who you really are.

link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Nailed on target.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Seriously AugustusMasonicus I am done with this one way conversation with you.

You said that already and yet, here you are.

You never agree and with anyone and it's always your way or no way and lies.

There are plenty of people I agree with on this site, just because you are not making a valid point is not my problem.

ATS subscribers should realize what and who you really are.

Which is?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
you got that right, NO corporation is going to tie up tens of millions of dollars of shareholder profits in gold and food for employees ,unless they know something is going to happen.despite their good intentions,when something does happen, they will very quickly see the wisdom in keeping all that gold and food for themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Which is?

Which is?

Maybe ATS members should read this thread and get educated.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/25/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
Maybe he intends to pay them for a short time even if there is no work to come to...? Not unheard of, some employers who wanted to keep good employees after Hurricane Sandy did similar... just not in gold bullion... that aspect is unique!

In a world were currency becomes useless what good is gold? You cannot eat it.

I can maybe "assume" he is playing "levels" game. If the crash is "depression like", Gold will be worth a fortune. If it is worse, food, bullets, and survival gear will be the currency.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
3 months is not considered "collapse" scenario supplies.

I was out of power for 5 days once during a big ice storm. Things go very fast when imprisoned at home.

The company is just doing an honerable thing by its employees. A very rare thing nowadays.
edit on 25-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Three months is good, but six would be even better. Jmho.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I've been reading dire warnings since the seventies about buying gold and silver because paper currency was about to collapse.

You and me both.
My father-in-law read that stuff too. He made a careful study of it.
He never had a big income but he lived frugally, set aside for his retirement and took some of his income and tried to increase it. In other words, he heeded those warnings.
As a result he was able to retire at age 60 and begin to travel the world. He was able to help those who were struggling.
Because he made himself aware and was prepared when the potholes appeared in the road. Think of it in terms of having a good set of shock-absorbers to cushion the bumps.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I've been reading dire warnings since the seventies about buying gold and silver because paper currency was about to collapse.

You and me both.
My father-in-law read that stuff too. He made a careful study of it.
He never had a big income but he lived frugally, set aside for his retirement and took some of his income and tried to increase it. In other words, he heeded those warnings.

My father also amassed an incredible amount of money on a very modest salary. He made most of it in long term market investments. He never invested in or stored precious metals and we also weathered all the storms. He laughed at me for reading books like "The Great Depression of [fill in the date]" or "The Coming Collapse of [fill in the date] and in retrospect he was right.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Different paths to security with safe arrivals on both paths.
I had a relative who made a mint by investing his meager income into property during the Great Depression.
I don't think it's any one method but rather researching enough to know what not to do and/or which method to employ to build that cushion.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Liquesence

I am not sure if you are informed:

www.zerohedge.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

Well... makes sense, because even the super rich can see clearly that if we EVER come to the point where inequality becomes unbearable, the superrich will be the first to be killed by the lower part of the public, and I litterally mean, that I foresee that they will be killed.

Disclaimer: By this I obviously don't mean that I want to kill anyone, but you have to be damn naive not to expect/foresee the above.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

So you are saying I am a shill because I do not agree with you? That about sum it up?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I can maybe "assume" he is playing "levels" game. If the crash is "depression like", Gold will be worth a fortune. If it is worse, food, bullets, and survival gear will be the currency.

Which is my point since in a situation where it is so dire that currency becomes worthless gold also becomes worthless and the other items you mentioned will have more intrinsic value.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
They dont trust wall street and the banks so they have squirreled away 10 million in gold and silver. I wonder if they have deposited it in a bank.? Good luck trying to get it out if TSHTF.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Which is?

Which is?

You lose all credibility by playing the shill card.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Broken clock is right twice a day

One day your old self will be correct

And your new self won't

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join