It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This game is essentially Left 4 Dead meets Warhammer. You and 3 other players run through a map while fighting rat men called Skaven instead of zombies. Just like in Left 4 Dead, there's special enemies in addition to the general mob type enemies. There's the types of enemies that are ogre types (tank in L4D), toss gas grenades, pull you with a rope, etc.... Again, they're the equivalent of the special enemies as in L4D.

A few minutes of gameplay.

Totalbiscut talks about the game.

There's also a loot system added to this game. After you complete a map, you get to roll some dice and, depending on how well you roll, you get the chance to get a new piece of gear for one of your characters. If everyone dies in a level, you get nothing. You can pick up some items that give you extra dice throughout some of the levels to.

There's 13 levels in the game currently, Some levels take around 30+ minutes, while others take only about 15. The game came out yesterday and it's mostly stable, at least from what I've played so far. Oh, and it's half the price of a regular AAA game, $30. It's hovering around a 90% positive review score on steam currently.

So, if you a fan of L4D or that style of gaming, you might want to take a look at this.

ETA - There's no versus mode though.
edit on 24-10-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I had been wondering about the game, but if you're saying it plays like L4D I should definitely check it out! I like the sound of the loot system. Think I'm going to check it out.

Downloading

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

It's fast,stable and looks good too.

10/10 from me...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Been enjoying it, play the bright mage, I tend to explode. Not as much as I had, starting to become better at venting.

Combat gets intense at points, truly haven't had this much fun since L4D2.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Combat gets intense at points, truly haven't had this much fun since L4D2.

Same here. Haven't had a good run and hack n slash game come out since L4D2. A few games tried to do it, but didn't do it too well.

20 hours in and I still have the last 4 or so maps left to unlock. The Wheat and Chaff map is insane though, and it doesn't look like I will get past it anytime soon. The developers said the special enemy spawns were a bit messed up on that map and they're going to tone it down a bit soon. First minute into that map and our team had to fight 1 rat ogre, 4 stormvermin spawns, 2 assassins, 2 mini gunners, and a poison thrower. Did not survive too long.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Seems a lot of people have never played L4D that are playing Vermintide, which I'm ok with, but people tend to think they can rambo the game.

Loot rolls can be brutal especially when you hardly get to the end because the host disconnects or whatnot, was having hella problems ontop of crappy team work. I tend to play on Hard in hopes of avoiding those who refuse to work as a team.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Saw this on steam but it sums up the loot system.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mainly W40k here, but who doesnt want to kill Skaven??

new topics

top topics

join