It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you know everything,are you happy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

You think/believe it is an impossible dream and something "that cannot be" because knowing about being is similar to attempting to bite ones own teeth.

We might be able to conceptualize an idea that can be expressed to another about what "being" is or feels like, but given the limitations of communications inherent within the various methods of expression here.. it's not an easy task.

You really have no choice in the matter and the very nature of "being" here is your proof.

S&F for conversing with and sparking thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
thx!

well it is meant to be that way, it is a question without an answer but with being...after you get through yourself within yourself.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Sorry, i can't stop thinking about it:
You say yourself just being is impossible. And it is as long as i live i am connected to things and thoughts.
The meaning of life is disconnection? To live in silence? To live like you're dead?
Can you please explain, or my head will explode?

Thanks in advance.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Peeple because: Was rude

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Who is asking the question? Who is answering them?

I thought that I thought I was, but what I was thinking I am is no thing but a thought thinking about itself. What is there to know but the thought that thinks it knows.

From the silence emerges a thought that is not but without the thought that is not the silence is not as well.

Don't be silent, don't not be silent. But most importantly, don't mind me.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You say yourself just being is impossible. And it is as long as i live i am connected to things and thoughts. The meaning of life is disconnection? To live in silence? To live like you're dead? Can you please explain, or my head will explode?
a reply to: Peeple
Lets see if I can define the text in a better way for you, a part of the mind says

just being is impossible.

That doesnt mean it is, it means for the mind it seems to be. The meaning of life is not disconnection, in this text it means that when you are centred in your being and are fully aware that this is occuring naturaly you can disconnect or connect, its not an issue. Silence stands like a metaphor, lets say silence is the blackboard and the writting in chalk is the noise they can co exist and that is what being is. To live like your dead, well that is like cleaning the blackboard being is there, but no activity in being. So that is not the way either. Its about knowing yourself deeply and living from that space.The problem or confusion is thinking that one is the chalk alone.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A thought can be likened to a cloud, it forms part of the sky but is not the whole sky. It is an expression of the sky! a reply to: EviLCHiMP

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Aha thanks. I'll think about that now.
But it makes sense.
I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Conversation with thought.

Now you know everything, are you happy?

No, I am not and I even know why I am not happy and all that does is make feel worse. At first I felt a bit of relief through knowing, but in the end I am overburdened with my own understanding.

So what do you know about being?

I know so much about being, its beyond belief. Its such a great concept, but again I never seem to reach the true benefits that everyone through out the ages have been talking about.

Have you ever tried just being?

To be honest, I think/believe its just an impossible dream. A very enjoyable fantasy, but something quiet unobtainable. A series of Chinese whispers everyone likes to talk about, but something that just doesn’t exist. Something that cannot be.

So its something you think one cannot experience.

Yes, that is what I think~believe.

You said before “something that cannot be”, what if being is not reliant on things?

Silence...................

It's not possible to think your way into being. You can't learn your way there, nor can you reason your way there. For the longest time I sort of worshiped intellectualism and that is just another trip on the hamster wheel. So for me, it is about accepting the current moment and saying yes to what life gives me. Being is a stripping away process, rather then a process of adding.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
On occasion, I read threads (like this one) that feel like they are way over my head. At the risk of playing the fool... Is this thread just about pondering on a thought, so mundane, that most people make the connection without ever delving into the thought? Or possibly, a thought with so little bearing, that most people have just accepted and moved onto the next thought?

My heart beats. Is the op suggesting that I shouldn't worry about it, that I should just let it happen? Like I said, I think the thread is over my head, so please be gentle

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Now you know everything, are you happy?

No, I am not and I even know why I am not happy and all that does is make feel worse. At first I felt a bit of relief through knowing, but in the end I am overburdened with my own understanding.

The story that thought produces to explain why you are not happy has been bought into. Thought creates a story about 'happiness' and then thought directs you to this imaginary 'thing/place' - it projects a land of milk and honey but it is always just out of reach (somewhere over the rainbow).
Forget 'happiness', forget every thing. When the thoughts stop - what is there?

THIS

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Not sure if the video was a response to my questions or not? But the video seems to confirm that my analogy is correct. Is this high minded way of thinking so high arching that it teeters on the edge of daftness?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes certainly dont worry about it, sometimes the mind is only good for a certain level of functioning. Not in you but in everybody, only some people can wrap words so well around a subject it appears as if they have the answer. The mind is a great machine, but with definate limitations. a reply to: onthedownlow

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yes THIS,

There is nothing.

It's all an illusion.

Like a woman holding the leash of a dog running in a hamster wheel.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Materialism is a non starter.
WE in NO WAY know everything, no one does.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The left prefrontal cortex activates happiness.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What Good Thing Must I do to Inherit Eternal Life?

Do you possess material things? Or do material things possess you? The answer is always both.

When I gave away my laptop I saw the magic. When I gave away my cell phone I saw the magic. Unfortunately I have to appease this world until I pay off my college debt.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
The left prefrontal cortex activates happiness.

No, the left prefrontal cortex, among many other neuroanatomical structures, are correlated to happiness*

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Well it depends what

Knowledge of this material world and human condition will make you go crazy

But learning about spirituality and afterlife which is the whole purpose of life stuff

Will help you

So there you go

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If you ask a billion people they will all have an answer to what happiness is. To me its just enjoying life. The hills and the valleys. When I look at any situation with a sense of play and humor, life becomes so much more fun. Also, like Steve Jobs said, pondering upon ones own mortality is an awesome way to start loving and enjoying the moments of life more.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MontukKraken

Yes or a dog holding the leash of a man running on a hampster wheel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join