It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Holiday Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
On a lighter note I have to share my holiday experience with you. In our household we celebrate Christmas, and one of our traditions is to go out and pick out a live Christmas tree - (We always plant them when the holiday is over, with a pretty good success rate of them living!)
Anyway we went out and picked out our tree this year, nothing out of the ordinary, brought it home, set it up in the stand, and had some fun playing in the yard figuring that we would decorate the tree later that afternoon.
We came in, and I sat playing with my son while my wife flocked the tree.
Flocking is when you spray fake snow on the tree.
So my wife, who is short, is standing on a little step ladder, and says to me, "The top of the tree is moving." I get up, take a look and don't see anything. I tell her that the fumes from the fake snow must be getting to her.
She starts to spray the tree again, and says - "I'm telling you the top of the tree is moving."
I get back up and take another look - nothing. Annoyed now, I take the snow spray and spray the top of the tree, and man, the entire top of the tree came to life. I'm not exagerating at all when I tell you that there were HUNDREDS of brown hairy Wolf Spiders which cling to the branches during daylight hours, but moved when the fake snow hit them.
My wife starts screaming, jumps off the ladder, and runs out the back door flicking her hair like she's possessed, screaming like a Banshee "get them out, get them out!!". My son who's only 2-1/2, runs out back imitating her, part laughing, and part crying. I pick the tree up, run out the back door and throw it like a javelin as far as I could, then we ran back in the house, slamming the door.
We are new to the neighborhood, and live in a townhome community, where many units share a common backyard.
I can only imagine what our neighbors must've thought - "What the heck is up with this freakin' family? I guess they don't like Christmas very much."

It will be a classic story for the rest of our lives.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think I would be freaked if that happened as well. That would make a good blog!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
sounds like the flying squirrel in Christmas Vacation

if we had a spider infestation I'd have to move. I would be seeing them everywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

sounds like the flying squirrel in Christmas Vacation

Oh man, it's soooo funny you said that. When my wife said that it was moving, that is literally what I was thinking of!!

We were lucky that we didn't find even one spider in the house. Turns out that these spiders don't move about, until after dark. We were lucky.
You should see the way the nighbors look at us though......

top topics

join