It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone verify what this object in the sky is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

She pans around and shows the moon in another section of the sky, so what is this object she has recorded above the sun?

Is this some sort of atmospheric phenomena?

Have at it ATS and tell me what you think?

It was taken on the off the coast of Florida by Melissa Huffman noticed a strange fiery globe seemingly burning between the clouds.
'Just look at that planet beaming and shining right now, somebody tells me what it is', she says.
The video seems to show a bright circular shape poking out above the sunset, sparking rumours that it may be the mythical planet.
Posted 11 days ago, the video has already had 95,000 views, with some astrologists suggesting the planet like shape may be Nibiru.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 23-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because: YT issues

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Whatever it is its super bright. Can't wait to hear what it is.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's a lens flare caused by the sun.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought of that as well but would a lens flare be partially cut off (0.07-0.09 mark) as if obscured by the cloud cover and then be full again?

I find this comment interesting..

Attempting to make sense of the sighting, one user reasoned: 'It's a tropospheric reflection created by ice crystals(a solar mirage).
'The planet you think you see is the sun…that super bright area below it is the sunlight being scattered by ice crystals in the clouds.
'There is not a planet there. This is a known atmospheric phenomenon – though it is quite rare.

edit on 23-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's a lens flare caused by the sun.

That's normally an easy go-to and is usually right but... what about the obvious lens flare that can be seen while she is moving the camera? Doesn't lens flare move in relation to the camera? Why would that lens flare be stationary but the other obvious lens flares are moving as you would expect?

I'm not challenging you, I'm honestly asking. I really don't know how lens flares work other than the many I've casually watched on here.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i have personally seen this before. and yes, it is just light scattering.

if you are coming from AZ on the 8 heading to San Diego, it happens in the morning to noon time. from the flat plain, you see 2 things or objects, once you get to CA in the mountains, you see one object, and as you go down into SD, it happens again but only slightly.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The best evidence to debunk this is the lack of evidence!

Trust me if there was s second sun everyone will know, amatuer astronomers like myself are not apart of the illuminati!
I have to say it does look like the sund reflection, but there is a lot of gullible people that want to believe in a planet X

edit on 23-10-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Doesn't look like lens flare to me. It didn't really move as she moved the camera.

What it does look like to me is sunlight refracting through the cirrus clouds there.

Also, I think she needs to go back to school... Mercury and Venus do not show up? Huh? Best time to see them is right around sunset and sunrise!

However, both Mercury and Venus are best viewed at sunrise right now. In fact, Venus, Jupiter, and Mars all have a pretty narrow angular separation right now in the morning sky.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang
who said it was a second sun,or did I miss the comment?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Did a quick search for similar clips:

Hm...

Hmm...

Hmmm...

Atmospheric phenomena don't behave and look like a celestial body, do they?

I dunno. Duped by sophisticated fakery or they are really on to something.
Either way - cool find!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sun Dogs?

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Sundogs_at_Battambang_Cambodia.jpg

I've got the feeling it is sunlight reflecting off crystals in the cloud, but can't say what shape they would be...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It's a lens flare like these:

The Internet is lousy with similar images and videos purporting to show Nibiru or some such.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
IT"S THE DEVIL!!!!!!

or a photographic anomaly ...

- or - I am an illuminati shill that gets banned for posting things on purpose just too look like I am one of you....

your choice.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue at the link above. Thank you. Closing duplicate.

top topics

join