It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I have to RENEW my car registration?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Other than taking money out of my wallet, why the heck should I have to renew my car's registration every two years? Why?

I can understand registering a car when I take ownership of it, so that in the event it is in an accident or is abandoned they know who to contact. But why do I have to basically fork over $100+ just to tell the DMV that I still have my own damned car?!?!?

All I should be required to do is let them know when I buy a car, and let them know when I get rid of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22 Yeah, what are they losing this information every two years? Aren't computers capable in this day and age to retain information for like forever?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

No. You have to make sure the address is updated so they can have a record of where to come get you when you do something illegal.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no "other then open your wallet"
Its just another "tax" disguised as a "service" that if you don't pay well if u drive without it you still get taxed if caught and lose your ride. Think extortion meets tax

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I thought you registered your car every year when you purchase the license plates. Why is it every 2 years?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe it is different in each state. Here it is every two years.

link   
It's used like a tax to assist with state funding. Highway repairs, DMV salaries, etc. I believe. It sucks, but is necessary in my opinion.

link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I've lived in the same crappy apartment for over a decade.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

All states have their own regulations. I lease so the three years are tacked onto the initial downpayment.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Eh. They say that about everything. Gas tax? To repair the roads. Tolls? To repair the roads.

I wish they would just send me a bill in the mail that simply states, "F U... pay me!!!"

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
There is no "other then open your wallet"
Its just another "tax" disguised as a "service" that if you don't pay well if u drive without it you still get taxed if caught and lose your ride. Think extortion meets tax

Ha, wait till you get social sanders as a president. He will try to tax the air you breathe.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree wouldn't it be nice if they just gave you a reminder to update the information by a certain date, but no, moneys gotta circulate, I guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
I wish they would just send me a bill in the mail that simply states, "F U... pay me!!!"

Sounds like when Jimmy The Gent was choking Morrie with the phone cord.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: eluryh22

Sounds like when Jimmy The Gent was choking Morrie with the phone cord.

You got it

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"Money today!. TODAY!"

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well, you're right. What is the matrix about? Control…

Mega corporations and militaries round the world get away with wholesale slavery and mass murder, but you and you little car need to be taxed, permitted, registered, monitored, inspected, certified, stamped, tagged and approved, over and over again, until the day you die…

link   
At least here, you cant register without insurance.

Dumbasses without auto insurance. Not just for idiots anymore.

Ever wonder why you need to buy uninsured motorists coverage? Because some clown too stupid to buy insurance will try to kill you someday in their car.

Been there, been hit by them before.

So basically, yes, licence=insurance=registration=smart.

Sorry about the thread drift. I forgot this thread was just about taxes.

link   
It's just aarevenue stream to keep the DMV employees paid, nothing more. Same with annual tags. If we don't pay constantly, they don't get a paycheck...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I just realised my registration expired two months ago.

I will get mine renewed for the simple reason of I don't like paying tickets.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They are gonna get your money... one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join