It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Says Too Many Female Journalists Lead To The 'Chickification' Of The News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"chickification" A word derived from Bush pertaining to his book of "wordifications" also know as, modifications.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes he is wrong. I addressed that in the OP as well.

You seriously cant be serious that the OP is really about women, right?
Not all women are the type that act like they are in elementary school.

This is a joke.

ETA: I am not defending Rush, but do take issue that calling out bimbos
is not fair game, men or women. Chickification is a much nicer term than Bimbo.

edit on 22-10-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Rush is in the entertainment business. No one takes him seriously.

I am surprised someone like you listens to him

That's not true though. Millions of people take him seriously. That's the problem! The republican party caters to him and his followers. That's another big problem. The republican party would be so much better without lunatics like this guy and Hannity and Coulter and O'reilly.

You and I might see him as entertainment, but go to Rush Limbaugh's facebook page and read the comments after his posts. All of them take it seriously. They don't see him as an entertainer. He's a divider who gets paid to be a pitbull and attack anything that isn't hard line, hard Right, propaganda.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

That's not true though. Millions of people take him seriously. That's the problem!

And so do millions of people take the Kardashian's seriously, not really seeing
this is a republican problem....lol.

What would you recommend, the Government makes a law to decide who can
speak on the radio?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: amazing

That's not true though. Millions of people take him seriously. That's the problem!

And so do millions of people take the Kardashian's seriously, not really seeing
this is a republican problem....lol.

speak on the radio?

Not many progressives pay much attention to Rush like the conservatives that hang on his every word.

speak on the radio?

You mean like the FCC?

www.fcc.gov...

edit on 22-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Not many progressives pay much attention to Rush like the conservatives that hang on his every word.

I am a conservative, and do not listen to Rush at all, nor do the hundreds of
people I know who are conservative.

Rush is a radio talk show host, like the Kardashians are reality TV show hosts.

As a woman, I find it amusing any real woman would be disturbed by the
"chickification" comment. Now...if Rush had said all women are chicks,
that might be disturbing, but that is not what he said.

LOL.

edit on 22-10-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I am a conservative, and do not listen to Rush at all, nor do the hundreds of
people I know who are conservative.

So....

Rush has the broadest market share so imo that attests to his popularity among conservatives ala Right Wing nut bars; with over 600 stations. The most listened to show on the Radio!!!

What's that tell you....

and as someone that works in the RNC media SW office ; coffee breaks are scheduled around when Rush in on.

So who do you listen to...Hannity, Levin, Beck, Savage, Miller, Bennett, Ingrahm etc.

Conservative talk dominates the AM radio talk shows.

www.toptalkradio.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: cuckooold
Not the first thread about Limbaugh I've said this in, Rush Limbaugh is an idiot.

The guy is many things. Idiot is not one of them.
Anybody that successful for so many years that is not putting on a uniform with a number on the back is very bright.

Smart, Intelligent? Sure.

His schemes have made him money somehow.

Bright though? It has a benevolent connotation. So I disagree with the use of that word. Especially in reference to anyone who finds a way to make money.
edit on 22-10-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Are you trying to make the argument that all the women in the media are really just "bimbos" only there for their looks and not expected to form an intelligent opinion?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So who do you listen to...Hannity, Levin, Beck, Savage, Miller, Bennett, Ingrahm etc.

Conservative talk dominates the AM radio talk shows.

www.toptalkradio.com...

I do not listen to any of those folk, LOL.
Neither does anyone I know, actually.

Maybe the fact that conservative radio show hosts are the most listened to,
equates to the idea that there are a lot of people who want to listen to them?

Is that wrong, or immoral?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

Are you trying to make the argument that all the women in the media are really just "bimbos" only there for their looks and not expected to form an intelligent opinion?

Of course not, but I would say that Talking heads are just that,
talking heads on Television, Men and women.

This of course does not follow them into real life,
broadcasting is just a job. Good grief.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh Says Too Many Female Journalists Lead To The 'Chickification' Of The News

Can we then extrapolate that too many male journalists lead to the 'dickification' of the news?

Anyway, I don't ever remember anyone complaining about too many male journalists or wondering why so many men reported on any particular public figure... It's difficult for Rush to see women in important positions. Poor weenie.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Can we then extrapolate that too many male journalists lead to the 'dickification' of the news?

Poor weenie.

As a woman, I find your comments hilarious, star from me.

I would imagine though that if Rush had said an equal, he would
be tarred and feathered in the MSM media. The double standard
is glaringly obvious.

I think that is also funny, and honestly I give men credit for
compensating for that. I think most men are really good sports.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes he is wrong. I addressed that in the OP as well.

I get that this is a rant. However, it is our duty here to deconstruct Limbaugh's points, argue them, and not supplant his fallacy with our own or someone else's.

According to the article, this is Limbaugh's argument in context:

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh thinks Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton is getting "sympathetic" treatment from the media because most of the journalists covering her are women.

Notice how the writer sets this up as Limbaugh's argument in the introduction, yet never comes back to it. This is because he will set up a strawman.

But because Limbaugh made this silly remark from which we now derive our conclusions that he thinks women are becoming "a dominant force in the news business":

"The chickification of the news..."

We don't even need to continue with the rest of his statement, because this is all the article is concerned about. For the sake of reasonable people we might as well quote it in full for brevity:

"The chickification of the news is made up of many facets, but one of the facets is that men really can't be fair to women," he said. "Not that they try to be unfair, but they just can't fully relate. It takes a woman to understand a woman. It takes a woman to get deep with another woman. It takes a woman to understand. And so, that's the press gaggle that follows Hillary Clinton around."

Which the writer assumes to mean:

Limbaugh's claim that women are somehow becoming the dominant force in the news business is entirely inaccurate.

...and he spends the rest of the article refuting it.

"The chickification of the news..." is not even a proposition. It is an incomplete sentence. It requires more explanation. "The chickification of the news is made up of many facets" is a proposition, but nonetheless not the argument Limbaugh is trying to make.

What the article is doing is taking an off-hand, albeit stupid sliver of a comment (which could mean many things), and spending an entire article refuting it, and barely touching upon any of Limbaugh's points. A straw man.

I can't believe I'm defending this turd.

It's probably time we break out the Picard again.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
However, it is our duty here to deconstruct Limbaugh's points, argue them,

I can't think of a bigger waste of time. It's like deconstructing and arguing something Honey-Boo-Boo said.

edit on 10/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

However, it is our duty here to deconstruct Limbaugh's points, argue them,

I can't think of a bigger waste of time. It's like deconstructing and arguing something Honey-Boo-Boo said.

What he said sounds oddly like this:

Anyway, I don't ever remember anyone complaining about too many male journalists or wondering why so many men reported on any particular public figure... It's difficult for Rush to see women in important positions. Poor weenie.

I agree. Honey-boo-boo.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What he said sounds oddly like this:

Yes, that's why I said it. It's ridiculous and stupid, just like what he said.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Rush is repulsive in many ways, but he's not far off here. At the turn of the century when msnbc started rocking I noticed stupid bimbos popping up all over the "news". No misogyny here, there's idiot asshole guys on the "news" as well. I was at the pub watching espn and two big tittied blondes were reporting and I looked over to the girl next to me and we both exchanged the same WTF expression of disgust.

I'm not letting PC nonsense blind me on this one. Out with the bimbos and asshats. In with critical thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yes, that's why I said it. It's ridiculous and stupid, just like what he said.

Just wasting time I suppose.

Myself, I think we can take a better approach to propaganda. He has a lot of listeners, and dismantling him as opposed to mocking him or supplanting him with our own propaganda, simply doesn't work. If anything it exasperates the issue.

I've never found you to say anything stupid.
edit on 22-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

I'm not letting PC nonsense blind me on this one. Out with the bimbos and asshats. In with critical thought.

I think we both know that critical thought is completely out of the question...so....

I'll take the bimbos with large breasts, and short skirts. News isn't about News...it's about ratings to hang advertising on.

business as usual...and it's not gonna change!

Content decisions are based on surveys, by suits in chrome and glass board rooms in NY and LA. They just give the people what they want.

edit on 22-10-2015 by olaru12 because: E%^ETJR

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join