It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Says Too Many Female Journalists Lead To The 'Chickification' Of The News

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh Says Too Many Female Journalists Lead To The 'Chickification' Of The News

Well the notorious woman hater is at it again.

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh thinks Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton is getting "sympathetic" treatment from the media because most of the journalists covering her are women.

During his syndicated radio show on Tuesday, Limbaugh referenced a Politico article titled "The Women In The Van," which profiles the largely female press corps covering Clinton's presidential campaign.

The host references the image at the top of the Politico piece and quickly estimates it shows 22 women -- it actually shows 18 -- who are covering the campaign. The picture doesn't include the one male member of the Clinton press corps.

"There's not a guy in this picture," Limbaugh said before beginning to opine on the "chickification" of the news. "If you wonder why the Hillary news coverage is, you simply have to look at that picture."

"The chickification of the news is made up of many facets, but one of the facets is that men really can't be fair to women," he said. "Not that they try to be unfair, but they just can't fully relate. It takes a woman to understand a woman. It takes a woman to get deep with another woman. It takes a woman to understand. And so, that's the press gaggle that follows Hillary Clinton around."

Gah! Where's Captain Picard when I need him?

Ah there we go.

Limbaugh's claim that women are somehow becoming the dominant force in the news business is entirely inaccurate. The Women's Media Center analyzed news content produced last year between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, and found that men generated about 62 percent of the news.

Women in the media still face an uphill battle for equal representation in newsrooms, especially in those of the nation's top newspapers. The report notes that women accounted for 32 percent of bylines in The New York Times, and about 40 percent of those in The Washington Post.

Seriously, WHY do people listen to this clown? For how much he hates women, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a closet homosexual. Not that I'm trying to say that homosexuals hate women, but no one can be THAT critical of women and not be hiding something...
edit on 22-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Colour me perplexed. The news was a "guy" thing?

I used to get the ish ripped out of me at school (all boys' by the way) for watching the news. In any case, it's supposed to be "fair and balanced", right?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And too many bloviating gas bags lead to the foul stench of the news...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Stench? More like a lingering funk...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Rush is in the entertainment business. No one takes him seriously.

I am surprised someone like you listens to him

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My old school John Waynum, Ronald Raygun conditioned Dad hangs on his every word.

So sad. Can't fix stupid.

The pills Rush, the Pills.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one takes him seriously.

Strongly disagree! He wouldn't be as successful and influential as he is if no one was listening. He has die hard fans, plenty of whom reside right here on ATS.

I am surprised someone like you listens to him

I don't see where the OP says he listens to Rush... He even asks: WHY do people listen to this clown?

I have listened to Rush in the car a time or two, but when I start to feel that tickle, like I'm going to vomit, I have to turn him off.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Unfortunately there are all too many people not nearly as bright as Krazyshot who actually think that what Rush says makes sense. Scary but true.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
You beat me to it.

What an ass.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's OP's like this are the real reason I DON'T listen to him. But the point is that people DO listen to him. There are quite a few people out there who not only listen to him, but repeat his very rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is a leach on the body of America. This isn't the first time he's made such misogynistic remarks. I'm surprised the more extreme mgtow groups don't advertise on his show. Anyone who thinks no one takes him seriously should visit me here in "Limbaugh Country". It's quite disgusting.

edit on 10/22/2015 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Not the first thread about Limbaugh I've said this in, Rush Limbaugh is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Not the first thread about Limbaugh I've said this in, Rush Limbaugh is an idiot.

The guy is many things. Idiot is not one of them.
Anybody that successful for so many years that is not putting on a uniform with a number on the back is very bright.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sure he probably dislikes women, but calling him a woman hater and maligning his fans says nothing about his argument. Is he wrong and why?

I can't believe I'm defending Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is a media genius. Sadly his listeners fall on the other end of the spectrum.

Rush is a production company, with a solid targeted demographic, business model and goofy right wing message, brilliantly scripted and delivered.

Even Rush doesn't believe most of the BS he says...He is selling the Conservative dream just like Justin reels in the tweens; selling fear based advertising and Depends.

edit on 22-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Every time I visit the States I am stunned by the breathless and panicked pace of the television news. I would say that the production so far has led the news to be an action-adventure series, not a current events broadcast. No matter what you feel about the bias and viewpoints, BBC World Service news broadcasts are much more watchable.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I am a diehard conservative...
4 years ago my wife and I were staying at the palace in NYC...he was in line at the towers desk ahead of us and was utterly inappropriate to the staff...
Mr Limbaugh was so aggressively rude that I have not listened to him since...
No real point to the story other than to say rush, as I witnessed him, is a horribly rude person...

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes he is wrong. I addressed that in the OP as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Rush Limbaugh is a media genius. Sadly his listeners fall on the other end of the spectrum.

Rush is a production company, with a solid targeted demographic, business model and goofy right wing message, brilliantly scripted and delivered.

Even Rush doesn't believe most of the BS he says...He is selling the Conservative dream just like Justin reels in the tweens; selling fear based advertising and Depends.

I believe you are right. If we look deeper into who owns media, we may come to the realization that male and female reporters have no freedom of press.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It seems I once read an article in a psychology book about how many "laten" gays often voice a hatred of women.

Not saying; just putting it out there.

But I do think many of Rush's programs have directly lead to the "dickification" of talk radio.

<<   2  3 >>

join