It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time travel and MY reasoning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So I was pondering this idea about time travel and I came up with idea. Please excuse this half baked idea. For the record its just an idea and was meant for contemplating.

So here it goes. Fate, destiny, deja vu, and coincidences, I'd like to attribute to time being manipulated. What if tptb did have a time machine or a device designed to alter the outcome of actions? Would it be reasonable for them to alter the outcome of situations to their favor?
Say maybe you come across a peice of information, a person, or saw something that didn't fit well with their plans. Wouldn't it just be easier to turn back time and influence the situation to their favor? With a device like that you could literally see EVERY persons past and future. Maybe that's why there are so many people that feel like they're meant to do something more with their life. I know I've had that feeling for a while. With something like this you could literally rewrite history as you see fit. You could even do trial and error runs. If you don't like the outcome just go back and try something different, until you reach desired results. What about movies that seem to "predict" actual events. We all know Hitler was close to world domination, without the efforts of America and Britain what would've been the outcome? Actually what about any major event,that's written in history books? There's been times in my life that I wondered, how in the hell did this happen? How could this of worked differently? I'm decently good at seeing how events will unfold, at least I'd like to believe. I can say that I've been right 8 times out of 10. I'm not saying I can see the future but I can say I'm exceptional at seeing patterns. There's alot more I could relate to this idea but like I said this is a half baked idea. I'm actually having a hard time poking holes in this idea but there would have to be proof that this technology exist for it to be fact. Either way I welcome to anyone's own ideas, suggestions and opinions. I hope to hear back from you guys here at ATS. amst

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I had a little theory my self.

This theory being that intelligent being in the future have time travel, but use it very carefully, they know better than to dabble. These beings are near the end of time in the most literal sense. They use time travel to go back, help further humanity in the time they go back to, so that in the future, they will have progressed more quickly, and therefore be more intelligent. Everytime they near the end, they go back and further their progress. Until they can figure out how to prevent the end, they are postponing it.

These beings are what we call ancient aliens. This is how they gave knowladge to ancient civilians. In modern times, I assume they pass the information in a non physical way, sense we are now capable of comprehending the non physical world.
edit on 21-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

I had a little theory my self.

This theory being that intelligent being in the future have time travel, but use it very carefully, they know better than to dabble. These beings are near the end of time in the most literal sense. They use time travel to go back, help further humanity in the time they go back to, so that in the future, they will have progressed more quickly, and therefore be more intelligent. Everytime they near the end, they go back and further their progress. Until they can figure out how to prevent the end, they are postponing it.

These beings are what we call ancient aliens. This is how they gave knowladge to ancient civilians. In modern times, I assume they pass the information in a non physical way, sense we are now capable of comprehending the non physical world.

Anyone traveling "back" in time can only go back to the exact time that time travel was invented.Not any further back. So , we are safe until then...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Unless you know something we dont, that can't be said for certain. Maybe time travel is not an invention, but an skill to be perfected.

Maybe they can go back, but not return to the period they came. Because the period they went to, time travel is not possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not if the device is the size of a watch and could travel with you.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

If you travel back to before the watch as created, how can the watch exist?

I suppose it could be possible if all things already exist, just in a different time. Cool thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Anyone traveling "back" in time can only go back to the exact time that time travel was invented.Not any further back. So , we are safe until then...

Or, they spawn off a new version of the universe with a timeline very similar to the one they left in, and set a low watermark in that timeline. Point being that you can never end up in the exact same timeline either way you travel.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
Not if the device is the size of a watch and could travel with you.

Any device. That would violate time/space/dimensional laws

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Is mostly just building on your thoughts OP, but: I like the absurd (and mostly just a beat down of the grandfather paradox) idea that the only way for anything to defy time is if it has no reason to do so.

Time being interconnected with space means inevitable physical state changes from meddling. So you go back in time and tell yourself to study physics instead of creative writing believing that you will go on to invent time travel early. You find yourself sitting in front of the time machine and nothing has happened because time simply loops back. If you studied physics then you never had the reason to time travel in the first place, but instead of reality not 'letting' you do it (which is hard to make sense of) it's more like shaking a bottle of water. Everything just returns to the state where it was in the first place.

It still doesn't work though ... since time tourism is its 'own thing.' You can want to travel back in time to see Caesar independently of any other motivations, but maybe when you do you attract more tourists. The tourists eventually meet Caesar and their future selves then have no reason to travel there in the first place after history changes. Inevitably someone meddles in Caesar's history and the very first event that caused it all has no reason to happen ergo back to state 0.

This means that unconscious things can bend and defy time space all they like. There is no past information required for it to do so, but anything making a conscious decision based on past events to alter reality has to maintain a steady flow of logic to their future selves.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I would agree with that.

Anyone give attention to the idea that time travel can me a mental process?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How about you can navigate through the multiverse by jumping to another "dimension" or version/copy of reality that is slightly different than this one, yet has what you want?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Unless you know something we dont, that can't be said for certain. Maybe time travel is not an invention, but an skill to be perfected.

Maybe they can go back, but not return to the period they came. Because the period they went to, time travel is not possible.

Maybe I do. Theoretical Physics is my favorite hobby (I know , I need to get out more) . If possible at all , you would go back to an alternate universe where time travel was already discovered at that time.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I would agree with that.

Anyone give attention to the idea that time travel can me a mental process?

Time travel , no. Travel non-physically to another universe in the multiverse.....possibly

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

It's my only hobby recently. We both need to get out more.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
How about you can navigate through the multiverse by jumping to another "dimension" or version/copy of reality that is slightly different than this one, yet has what you want?

This is probably more likely than time travel being a mental process, as I previously stated it may be.
edit on 22-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat.
I like that idea, there are so many ideas and theories out there, it really makes you wonder.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Years ago I had the thought that if time travel ever could be possible, the most likely way would be if some method could be developed where a person's consciousness could travel back into their own mind at an earlier part of their life...

I mean, what if there was a way to transfer your current consciousness into the mind of yourself at 15, 16 years old...?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I believe with string theory, its possible to be two places at once. I really don't know how string theory actually works.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

It would take a lot of mind power, or emotional trigger. Have you seen the butterfly effect? He reads his journal of his black outs and its pulled back. Pretty cool movie if you havent seen it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
That's one idea I've always wished were possible.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
I believe with string theory, its possible to be two places at once. I really don't know how string theory actually works.

Quantum mechanics would more likely be a better theory to look into. Google super position. But string theory is a good start to many theories to do with dimensional travel too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join