It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria crisis: US attacks Moscow welcome for Assad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
BBC News

The White House has strongly condemned a visit to Moscow by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

A spokesman criticised Russia for putting on a "red carpet welcome".

The Syrian leader's trip on Tuesday came three weeks after Russia began air strikes in Syria against Islamic State militants and other forces.

It was Mr Assad's first overseas trip since civil war broke out in Syria in 2011. The conflict has claimed more than a quarter of a million lives.

While in Moscow, Mr Assad made a point of expressing his gratitude for Russia's military intervention in the conflict.

RT News

“Yesterday evening Syrian President Bashar Assad arrived in Moscow for a working visit,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Wednesday. “President [Putin] was informed in detail by his Syrian counterpart about the current state of affairs in Syria and the long-range plan.”

Bashar Assad thanked Russia for the support provided to Syria in fighting for its sovereignty and unity.

“Terrorists would have occupied far greater territories if it were not for Russia’s military assistance,” President Assad said, adding that political steps are due to follow military action. “The only aim for all of us should be what the Syrian people want as a future for their country.”

So, now with news of ISIS fleeing as it as been reported, Assad is currently in Russia holding talks with Putin regarding the transitional future of Syria.

Now, what strikes me here is that, the US is not happy with this turn of event. So basically what we are seeing is that Russia has taken the role of mediating talks with Assad for a long term political resolution for Syria, of which the US so despises.

Once the terrorists are defeated, it will take a united effort to rebuild the country economically and politically and to ensure peaceful coexistence for all, Assad concluded.

Assad’s visit to Moscow is an indication of the Syrian leader becoming more ‘confident’ on the international arena, says journalist and broadcaster Neil Clark.

“I think [Assad’s visit] is significant because he hasn’t left his country for four years of this terrible war, since this Western proxy war started. And so I think it means he is confident that he can leave the country,” Clark told RT.

“We are seeing Russia take the role of leadership on the international stage,” geopolitical analyst Patrick Henningsen told RT, stressing that western efforts to defeat Islamic State have been “dragging on with no conclusive results.”

What action is the US going to take on this matter, since Russia has already made the move to discuss with Assad about the future of Syria?

For now we can't be sure whether Russia is for Assad staying as the current President, it looks as though this may spark some fresh criticisms from the West.

Thoughts?
edit on 21-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm thinking that the USA is mostly upset that they aren't being allowed to voice their thoughts because Assad would rather go to Russia (no surprise) and all I can think is yesterday you posted a thread where it seemed the USA and Russia would get along...and now this. Some people on this site have pointed out that perhaps Russia understands that Assad will need to go, but for now I think, like Russia, Assad needs to be supported. The priority should be IS.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

The goal should always be what is best for the Syrian people. Why does this upset the US unless this action is the opposite of what they are trying to achieve in the area? In that case it is obvious the Western Allies have deliberately destabilised the area. Nothing to do with Assad being a bad ruler, which was what we were supposed to believe.

Getting tripped up in their own lies perhaps?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I agree, the focus should be on getting rid of ISIS, but Putin just decided that he goes ahead way before ISIS is defeated.

The situation seems to add to the existing tension between Russia and the West over Syria, unfortunately with this news. Because, the whole idea for the civil unrest backed by the West was all for removing Assad to have a puppet government in place to foster Western Interests, and Russia seems to be breaking that underground party and is already taking the lead to discuss Syria's future with Assad.

A big concern right there, do we see a political compromise between the West and Russia on this one, remains to be known. Just hoping for a political resolution here.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Now there are reports of the Russians bombing hospitals where Western aid workers are helping wounded.
Mirror

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
At the risk of oversimplifying, not too long ago the U.S. told Asad that if he uses chemical weapons, he will have crossed a line. He went past that red line. The U.S. did exactly nothing.

I have long suspected that the U.S.'s lack of offense against ISIS is because the administration was hoping that ISIS would take out Assad.

ISIS is not a JV team. They are spreading death (and worse) like it's going out of style. If Russia steps in, whether or not there are leadership changes in Syria, and they bring some stability and puts ISIS in their place, good on 'em.

The U.S. had a chance to take a leadership role. Sadly, they didn't take it.

Somewhat of a side note: The U.S. plays nice-nice with the Castros and we are going to put Russia on blast for their meetings? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's readily apparent to everyone that we..the US and our NATO cohorts were wanting to topple the Syrian government under Assad for whatever economic and globalist agenda it is that "they" want to pursue.

I don't suggest I know the endgame...but it's obvious and Putin sees it as well. We tried to " cowboy " Syria after Libya and the people here at home got pissed. They built a proxy army and have been caught with their pants down.

They purvey this right left political dialectic in order to keep the herd of voters ignorant of the fact that a single international agenda is being served.

Put in isn't better, he's just as diabolical as our leaders are...but don't get me wrong..he is smart enough to see through this infantile ruse.

Check and mate

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

When wil the White House realize that Americans are not the world police. Nor is this the a role the American people want for our soldiers. And arming "Freedom Fighters" that destabilize and destroy national infrastructure is not humanitarian.

Two word to debunk all talks of US being concerned about human rights.

SAUDI ARABIA

You can't be in bed with one evil dictator trying to spread wahhabism and condemn another because he refuses to sleep with you. Hypocrisy
edit on 21-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Now there are reports of the Russians bombing hospitals where Western aid workers are helping wounded.
Mirror

From the link you posted, that is sad news if true, and just outlines the grim reality of the situation in Syria. I think we are far from a doom and gloom scenario here.

This has also raised concerns for the Brits as well, so a pretty tough situation we have here.

UOSSM runs 32 hospitals and clinics across Syria. It says two doctors and a senior therapist have been killed in the Russian raids with a further 10 medical staff injured.

The raids would seem to confirm Britain’s fears that Putin is wiping out all opposition to prop up Assad.

Dr Tayara only returned from Syria himself four weeks ago after a trip to the border region to train medical staff.

He said three medical facilities were bombed in Aleppo - including the El-Hader hospital - during a 36-hour bombardment four days ago. This came after attacks on two facilities in Homs 10 days ago.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Do we really need another puppet state for the USA? Getting rid of the government is never a good idea, no matter how bad that government is. You need to leave it to the people. Getting id of IS is beneficial for the people of Syria in the short and long term. Supporting Assad is good for the people of Syria in the short term. I have no thoughts on whether he should remain. Frankly that is up to the people, not the West nor the Russians. I agree we need to hope for a political resolution, but I doubt that Russia and the USA would go through with conflict. If anything the proxy war is already being fought. American back rebels and airstrikes versus the Syrian Army and the Iranian army and Hezbollah and everyone else on Syria's ground force side and Russian airstrikes.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

And the Sauds. Let's not dismiss their favorite ally!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's such a shame that the people of the US and what it once stood for has been dismantled by the evil behind the curtain.
Putin's actions have exposed the true intentions of the oligarchs that are destroying a once great country.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2015 by Crumbles because: nvm the bandwagon is set. trying to show people is pointless. try talking to a Syrian citizen you will see.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

haha, Russians are bombing hospitals..

Next you will be hearing about how evil Russians are bombing orphans or butchering innocent women

.. and most on here would believe it.

a UK Charity group claims that Russia is bombing hospitals.

And you fall for this propaganda so easily? with 0 photos, footage, interviews or anything?

Go Russia, bomb those western backed mass murderers into the dirt and give the US imperial lords the stiff finger.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
You forgot to mention the one confirmed hospital bombing of the Doctors Without Borders facility..... Done by the United States!!!!

edit on 21-10-2015 by eluryh22 because: Typo correction

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

So, now with news of ISIS fleeing as it as been reported,.

What a total load of Russian propaganda BS. If anything, ISIS are taking advantage of Russia's attacks on their enemies in the FSA.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Yes, but the whole Arab spring was a farce. He may be a really terrible dictator but these events weren't engineered to give people freedom from him. They were engineered to remove him and replace him with someone possibly worse as long as they had Western interests at heart.

TPTB DO NOT CARE ABOUT SYRIAN CITIZENS. The US/NATO aren't trying to remove an evil dictator......If they were playing super hero they would have started with Saudi Arabia and North Korea. Those countries do far worse on a daily basis than Assad was doing before the Arab spring. Just like Ghaddaffi might have been evil 15 years ago but 4 years ago he was enacting some real positive change in Libya and surrounding countries.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Agit8dChop
You forgot to mention the one confirmed hospital bombing of the Doctors Without Borders facility..... Done by the United States!!!!

No, I deliberately left it out.

why? because the US has bombed a hospital and initially tried to blame everyone else. When it was revealed they did it deliberately, they then acted all sad and guilty offering payments to the families.

Totally different to the western backed lunatics claiming Russia is bombing hospitals without any evidence. When you look at all the mindless propaganda and lies coming out against Russia in Syria - you realize that these claims are not worth the paper they are vomited on.

Don't get me wrong, Russia is no saint - but the US was clearly backing and funding these butcher bandits in Iraq and Syria and are mighty pi55ed Russia has said ''enough''

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

haha, Russians are bombing hospitals..

Next you will be hearing about how evil Russians are bombing orphans or butchering innocent women

.. and most on here would believe it.

a UK Charity group claims that Russia is bombing hospitals.

And you fall for this propaganda so easily? with 0 photos, footage, interviews or anything?

Go Russia, bomb those western backed mass murderers into the dirt and give the US imperial lords the stiff finger.

That's why I said if true, but do we know exactly what's going on there in Syria. Well, I think the propaganda campaign is getting old I guess, and easy to pick out.

The focus here is the mounting tensions between Russia and West, this is really Russia stepping up in the world stage this time around.

I am hoping for the best outcome, from this upheavals.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I agree with most you say here, but I dont think it has been proven conclusively that Assad did use chemical weapons..

Just search "did Assad use chemical weapons" and there are copious articles.

Maybe thats why Obama and US have not done anything, cause there aint no red line..

I think its more disinfo from the usual parties for the usual reasons. Unfortunately most think so cause "it was on TV and Obama says so". Or over here its "Key says so'. I'm sure they've all got the same speech writer.

Rangima'arie, Nohopuku, Rongo (Peace)
edit on 21/10/2015 by Ngatikiwi because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join