It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists have created a new breed of stronger, faster dogs using DNA manipulation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Scientists in China have figured out a way to manipulate the myostatin genes in Beagles and other dogs to make dogs which are genetically superior to other dogs; ie-stronger because they grow 2x the muscle mass after this gene manipulation.

If you’ve ever read recent dystopian sci-fi books such as Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake or Paolo Bacigalupi’s The Windup Girl, you’d know that one of their common predictions is that in the future genetically mutated super animals will run amok and make day-to-day life very dangerous for the world’s remaining humans. Now Technology Review brings us word that scientists in China claim to have used DNA manipulation to create a stronger, faster breed of dogs that will ominously be used for various police and military operations.

Well, the era of genetically modified pets is upon us now how much longer til we have genetically humans? I'd bet it's right around the corner. What says ATS?

bgr.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Very interesting, but the genetic augmentation of pets has been around for quite some time. I believe this particular change (an increase in muscle mass) has been used on various other animals for a while as well. I believe there was also a few (human) children born with this very condition, too. Interesting nonetheless! Thanks for sharing!
edit on 21/10/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This is just wrong.

I can already see the "do you even lyft brah?" crowd trying to get one of these.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
you can bet a good amount of coin on humans already being genetically mucked with.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Great a dog id have to walk more, feed more and pick up super poops...i think ill pass.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The real question, When can i get a genetically modified cat, Bigger claws, Sharper teeth, 2x the muscle, way more agile.. # maby i should just buy a cheetah.

I'll named Mrs. Ripper
edit on 21-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

You mean a Serval

edit on 21-10-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Was a thread on this yesterday.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

You mean a Serval

I need more of this in my life.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

They love to play

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
The real question, When can i get a genetically modified cat, Bigger claws, Sharper teeth, 2x the muscle, way more agile.. # maby i should just buy a cheetah.

I'll named Mrs. Ripper

There's been genetically altered cats for years now. Although the alteration was to make them hypoallergenic. Last time i checked they were ridiculously expensive.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Was a thread on this yesterday.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did do a search before posting. Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
GEEEESUSSS....is that a greyhound on steroids!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As this is from china, the real question is, does they taste better?

Because that's what they do with dogs...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

originally posted by: grey580

This is just wrong.

I can already see the "do you even lyft brah?" crowd trying to get one of these.
That is one extremely scary looking beast! Surely all of that muscle would shorten its lifespan.

-dex

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

They love to play

Lana: ARCHERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

ARcher: "what? you wouldnt let me get a ocelot so i got a serval!"

Lana: you are hopeless....I need a drink.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: wittayness included

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So WAR dogs. Weaponized Dogs.

China, do the rest of the world a favor and leave our dogs the hell alone. Somebody needs to do something.
(I hate it when I say that, but somebody does!)
Make it stop!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So WAR dogs. Weaponized Dogs.

China, do the rest of the world a favor and leave our dogs the hell alone. Somebody needs to do something.
(I hate it when I say that, but somebody does!)
Make it stop!

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!! woof woof woooof wooof!!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

NOOOO! China hates dogs! This is animal cruelty. You know perfectly well the motivation for this is SINISTER. They are engineering these dogs to make killing machines. I could cry.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: yuppa

NOOOO! China hates dogs! This is animal cruelty. You know perfectly well the motivation for this is SINISTER. They are engineering these dogs to make killing machines. I could cry.

I know. i was trying to lighten the mood. If they really want a mean dog. you cross a rotweiler with a chihuahua. THEN twist its DNA with a wolf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join