It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have faith in math. At county fairs, the crowd can predict the right answer. Maybe, the last decade was the correct path. But that's irrelevant right now. Now is now. And the past has passed. Today, is Deja Vous all over again. Today, Canada has proven, what John Cleese said, " Canada is the sanest nation on earth." I'll agree, even though I have a mental illness and am crazy. But this election wasn't about me even if it freed me. This election was about us as a collective. Canada is right in the middle of all the madness in the world. We have known this for a long time. We invented the lost idea of Peace Keeping and Blue Helmets, but like I said, that's in the past( thanks you geniusidiot George Bush).

Thank you Canada. For rejecting the negative. It's as simple as this. We, have turned away from the negative ads. The negative ads and a negative agenda, caused a backlash. Like in math, multiply two negatives and you get a positive. I'm not out here to agree politics. Believe me. I've spent the last few weeks explaining to my son that even if I disagreed with Mr. Harper, it didn't make him evil. He had a decade to destroy us, and he didn't . So, I will thank him as well. Thank you for the public service. I believe you had Canada's best interest at hearth. Even if I disagreed with the direction of my county every single day of that decade, I never thought "A HILTER" took over my country. But, I never really felt free. I felt bullied. And I think, so did much of the country. This is like the Simpson's episode when Bart collected his fellow school chums to take on Nelson. In the end, Mom will get us some refreshments after we shake hands and make up.

Thank you Canada. Let the world make fun of our mild natures. Let the world think we're boring. Let the world enjoy our maple syrup. Let the world see how to have public discourse. Our system is not perfect. In fact, I will be a critic of this government if they fail to reform Parliament into a Proportionate System. Thank you Canada. For not dwelling in the past. That you for looking into the future.

Thank you . Thank You. Thank you.

And when My country stops the prohibition on marijuana, I'll have parade and make the day as a day of rights and freedom...

Long live the sanest country in the world. Long live the peaceful giant.

edit on 21-10-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Garsh. Positive messages are so boring. Maybe, I should say it's all a plot to make Canada brainwashed by a prettyboy who's just reciting slogans. Afterall, isn't Mr. Trudeau part of the establishment and isn't he just a drama teacher. An actor. An actor teacher professing on how to act the part.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out some other positives. The Green Party actually went up by 6 %. And, the election was a positive because there were more voters. Many new voters felt the need to vote. The election engaged the population and that can't be a bad thing.

Lizard people

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

My hope is that our country will go back to being the "Switzerland of the West".

It made me physically sick to my stomach watching our country slowly become war-mongering saber rattlers and the propaganda Harper tried to feed us everyday of our need to be fearful of "the brown people".

I want to see our country go back to playing the role of peacekeepers.
As pacifists, peacekeeping is what we did best and we perfected it to a science.

Maybe Justin Trudeau can bring us back to those glory days...

... but the pessimist in me tells me not to hold my breath.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If he does stuff he promised to do, I will be pleasantly surprised. Until then, I will just be thinking he is nothing but a politician, just like the rest of them. Say pretty words people will like to get voted in, then use the term to make his family and buddies lots of money. Would be nice to be wrong for once.
edit on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:58:14 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Do you even want to wait and make sure it's all going to be happy, happy, joy, joy?

I mean, I hope you're right... But three days after the election? Bit soon to tell, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Can't agree more on giving it a few months to see how he handles Bill C-51 and the Barbaric Practices Hotline.

I'm also interested in whether Bill Blair (ex-Toronto Police Chief who was elected) will hold a place of power in the PMO. He has some 'baggage'.

Don't think that I'm not happy to see Harper gone... I'd have voted for a cat to do that (yes, Canada had a cat up for election).

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I've heard of the Barbaric Practices Hotline...

What the Hell is it? Doesn't sound at all good. I could look it up, but this way is more fun.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It's like if I see a Mennonite woman in a long dress that goes to her ankles and wearing a white lace bonnet, I could call the hotline and complain she doesn't look like my idea of a 'modern Canadian woman' and that she has likely been forced to wear that by some bearded, black hatted man who smells like horses.

Then there's those 'black eyed kids'... I'd call immediately if I ever came across one.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Got it. It's the "they're different, so they're out to get us" line.

Given what I've heard about those Black-eyed Kids? I'd call, too...after I'd sprinkled some garlic scented holy water around the house...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Do you even want to wait and make sure it's all going to be happy, happy, joy, joy?

I mean, I hope you're right... But three days after the election? Bit soon to tell, isn't it?

Liberals have different attitudes from Conservatives...it ain't all about the party leaders. And their policies are not just rectally sourced, they reflect the party membership. It ain't perfect...but Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

It's like if I see a Mennonite woman in a long dress that goes to her ankles and wearing a white lace bonnet, I could call the hotline and complain she doesn't look like my idea of a 'modern Canadian woman' and that she has likely been forced to wear that by some bearded, black hatted man who smells like horses.

Then there's those 'black eyed kids'... I'd call immediately if I ever came across one.

Let's not forget socks and sandals...I hate that!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Says the guy with suspenders...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If he can bring back our boys and gals from the middle east, and re state that canada is a peacekeeping country, and go back to rebuilding villages and helping the people in need, that would make me a happy canadian.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Says the guy with suspenders...

Yes...but no accompanying belt...which would make it yet another barbaric cultural practice!

new topics

top topics

join