It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened...auto phone times/update..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ok so I'm talking to some friends, and I noticed the time, they say no it's not cant be that late..I look a little closer and it said PM..when it should have been AM..they look at their phones and their phones too have skipped forward 12 and a half hours.
Three different phones, 2 are Android, one is an iPhone.

Yet all three had skipped ahead.

We all have the automatice time and date setting turned on.

So what caused this? We've been Googling but cant find anything.

Would it have anything to do with the Orionid meteor shower? Could something down the line have been hacked?
Was it a simple glitch?

Anyone else experience this?
We are in Australia.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You are all probably synced to the same time server, and that server happened to glitch out. I mean.. I really doubt it would have something to do with a meteor shower.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Technology is not perfect, I'm thinking it's what Tjoran said - you're phones are all using the same local server for time and it happened to glitch and skip 12.5 hours? You could call your service provider Technical Support folks and see if they have any diagnostics

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just do a restart of your phone. Mine does this when I go from Illinois to Indiana, which is always an hour ahead, but sometimes doesn't change back. It's just a glitch in the server and easily fixed.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Check and redo your phone settings for time & date. Probably you have it set for "Use network-provided time" or "Use network-provided time zone." Deselect that feature.

Make sure you have selected the time zone where you live. Several times in the morning--just yesterday was the most recent--my phone would jump for an hour at 7 am to being 8 am for that whole hour! It confused the hell out of me a couple of times wondering where the time had gone!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Since the last iPhone update I can't sign into gamecenter 😟 Bloody things a reply to: mortex

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
www.reddit.com...

Australia wide, network issue.

new topics

top topics

join