It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghost s emotional manifestations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Are ghosts emotional manifestations?

In my theory there are two types of ghosts:

The emotional imprint-
These appear when something so devisating actually leaves an imprint on reality, I.e a murder, tortue, rape, or death of a person who reacts to the situation with a super energized emotional response. This leaves an imprint on the fabric of reality.
Over the years, this imprint will either disipate, or if the place of death is visited or disturbed, feed off the energy of technology and emotion to continue its manifestation in the state it was created.

The manifestation- The second type, has actually never existed in terms of the material world. This type of entity will normally take shape of a ball of light, a shadow, or some type of non-physical energy.
This type is created through our belief in it, and our emotions. Usually by a ghost hunter, or person interested in witnessing the phenomenon.
The reason most manifestations are interpreted as demonic, or evil, is because the manifestation is usually a reflection of our fears, and beliefs that created it in the first place.

What are your opinions on this paranormal phenomena?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

The first one might be true. At least there are documented instances of residual hauntings and manifestations from past events leaving an imprint.
The second one I have to say no. Just believing or wanting, or having emotions on the possibility of a haunting isn't going to make it happen or become real.
There is evidence that hauntings occur regardless of wanting them not to, or wanting them to. Demons do exist, and negative hauntings do exist, and they don't exist because of someone hunting them or believing in them. I know of ghost hunting people who went into a haunted place, (one rumored by many people to be haunted), who had the damn things follow them home and bother them for a few days before it stopped, where the thing scratched on walls, knocked on things, and messed with the person it followed home, making their lives miserable for a few days.

Those things don't come into existence just because someone hunted for them. I have been trying to hunt for a big box of diamonds and it just won't appear for me. I can't even get a little tiny diamond to manifest..

Ghosts and evil things, and good ghosts exist already, without the need for someone to believe in them first..

I have experienced ghosts and wasn't even hunting them, or even thinking about them before, and was affected by them personally. They hunted me down first! Seriously, it happens.

Expect those who have a vested interest in ghosts and spirits not existing, to come in and claim there is no evidence for ghosts to exist, simply because they always ignore any evidence of ghosts, and reject all of the evidence as non existent.

Spirits do have emotions though, and they respond to emotions. The negative ones feed off fear and negative emotions.
edit on 19-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The brain sees what it expects to see, doesn't mean it is really there. Like the grandfather that always sat in a chair by the windows only leaves an inprint on your fabric of expectation.
Or several people supporting eachothers hysteria, makes them wittness weird things.
Do you know the scole experiment? They made things manifest, like coins flowers etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I dont know of the Scole experiments but if you care to drop a link that would be great, otherwise I can research it in the morning when my mind is less sleepy.

a reply to:NoCorruptionAllowed

It could just aswell be a spirit or other type of manifestation. Where your diamond example is valid, I don't believe it is the same consept. But am I wrong in my belief that what is real is purely based on the individuals perseption? Realitive to their experience?

edit on 19-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hi

I have long thought about many theories each more random than the previous. If I can find some kind of pattern in eye witness accounts I will then try to build a theory around that.
Pairing quantum pyshics and the paranormal is usually frowned upon. However the idea of reality being in a constant form of possibilities could be a link to the spirit world. The idea that particles can be both particles and waves at any one time and only by observing it will it take its form is interesting.
If we are able to determine the state of particles from our own observation then wouldn't it be possible we can determine manifestations of memories?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

I dont know of the Scole experiments but if you care to drop a link that would be great, otherwise I can research it in the morning when my mind is less sleepy.

a reply to:NoCorruptionAllowed

It could just aswell be a spirit or other type of manifestation. Where your diamond example is valid, I don't believe it is the same consept. But am I wrong in my belief that what is real is purely based on the individuals perseption? Realitive to their experience?

You might actually be right in your theory. I have heard that some people do in fact manifest some kind of entity with their own projected thoughts and emotions. Not cognitive of doing it, but doing it nonetheless. Some psychics have gone into a haunted home and felt or even saw things that shouldn't be able to exist, but they exist because of a family member who unknowingly has manifested the form of whatever it is. Like a schizoid breakaway thought form manifesting and growing from the thoughts or emotions of the afflicted person who created it.
Scary if true.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

There's a docu on YouTube just don't know how to embed with the app???
Ehm...

I hope this works.
this is their website with ebook and stuff.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
In some cases, like poltergeists--perhaps. But then you have to question if it's you doing it, or is it your emotions that called whatever's doing it.

You're right that reality is perception--but you have to remember that reality isn't real. It's not a static thing--aether is radiant.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That's fine, but if you read up on Oliver Sacks (in his book, Hallucinations) he presents a very good argument that hallucinations are real in the sense that they are truly being experienced. The brain doesn't always see what it expects. That case is fine for object permanence, but if you had no notion of the thing beforehand, that lends some credibility to the experience, I believe.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I would have to say, given my experiences with ghosties, and assorted ghoulies, that they are almost exclusively emotional imprints.

I've always sensed very strong emotions. Fear. Anger. Pain. Sorrow. Even love once, in a cemetery almost exclusively children and their parents who died during the Influenza pandemic after WWI.

The latter, I've never experienced.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

You're right it doesn't always apply, just for Casey of loved ones haunting the living.
My thing is communications and i always think maybe we just lack the Rosetta stone for those type of things. Even if a hallucination is "just" my subconscience communicating, what' s the message?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We are each one of us an energy. We learn from basic science that energy "just exists", it can neither be created nor destroyed. Therefore, when a person dies that energy simply leaves the "battery" which is our body and moves on to a more basic form. Therefore the idea of haunted objects and places the individual who died may be attached to seems more reasonable. Equipment suddenly losing its battery power etc becomes a bit more logical. A light switch does nothing until the energy is drawn to it by being "switched on". I think we over complicate this subject personally.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"Are ghosts emotional manifestations?"

That's certainly a good starting point, if nothing else.
It would explain the ongoing sightings at battlefields like Gettysburg and in certain locations around Atlanta where horrid battles took place. One other variation is based on the same concept of emotion except that the human spirit is so locked into its moment of physical end, that it can't pass along to the next level.

So, with one, emotion scars said fabric with an imprint and, in another, the spirit is so scarred that it cannot do anything but repeat.

Of course, it could even be a combination of both...

We'll know when we get there. To the other side, that is.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

Are ghosts emotional manifestations?

In my theory there are two types of ghosts:

The emotional imprint-
These appear when something so devisating actually leaves an imprint on reality, I.e a murder, tortue, rape, or death of a person who reacts to the situation with a super energized emotional response. This leaves an imprint on the fabric of reality.
Over the years, this imprint will either disipate, or if the place of death is visited or disturbed, feed off the energy of technology and emotion to continue its manifestation in the state it was created.

The manifestation- The second type, has actually never existed in terms of the material world. This type of entity will normally take shape of a ball of light, a shadow, or some type of non-physical energy.
This type is created through our belief in it, and our emotions. Usually by a ghost hunter, or person interested in witnessing the phenomenon.
The reason most manifestations are interpreted as demonic, or evil, is because the manifestation is usually a reflection of our fears, and beliefs that created it in the first place.

What are your opinions on this paranormal phenomena?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it most likely is a duck.

new topics

top topics

join