It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is something that makes you happy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hey ats! Light topic this time around, and I'm here with a basic question , and would love to hear from anyone.

What's something that makes you happy?

I'm talking small simple things here - daily life, work, public, etc. Just something that causes a joyful reaction in you.

Myself;

It makes me happy when a tourist just lights up in awe in reaction to the place I live ( heavy tourism) it makes me happy to be where I am, to know that not only I enjoy it, but people from all around the world get to enjoy it as well.

Love to hear from everyone that cares to stop by, hope everyone had a good weekend

-deadlyhope

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

To be honest, nothing makes me happier than watching the seasons change
it's beautiful, especially the golden orange leaves in autumn.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I absolutely love sitting around a campfire at night with family and friends.

Smores would make it even better!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Seeing people live truly authentic lives. It's far more rare than you would think.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I also love to laugh. Another member shared this the other day and I have watched it so many times...

Anytime I can laugh or make their people laugh? That makes me happy.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Gardening. Especially chili peppers. Horror films. Select shows I love. Family. Cats. Dogs. Not being single. Hanging out with friends. Hiking. Trout fishing. Eating delicious food. Even better when I make that delicious food myself. Beer.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Tons of things make me happy, some frivolous, some more meaningful.

For instance: everyone with a Facebook likes when people LIKE their posts, so do I. Or even more relevantly: I LIKE when I get stars and flags on my posts/threads here on ATS. Everyone does. People enjoy having their thoughts and opinions noticed... especially when they are agreed upon. This is quite shallow, but I'd be a liar if it didn't make me somewhat happy.

That is true to varying degrees of course, but is not really a viable source of happiness. The median would be when I am able to make someone really laugh. It could be a joke, a story, an impression, or just me making a mistake it doesn't matter: the bigger the laugh the better I feel.

Now both of those feel good and all, but to me true happiness is something that's sustained... not just a burst of laughter or a fleeting recognition... but something that remains. Of course, nothing can stay the same forever, but some things make us happy even as they (and ourselves) change. I play guitar, write and do visual art as well. Art is and always will be a source of deep happiness for me. The feeling that comes from producing something creatively is a deep-set one that echoes not only the instance of the expression itself; but also the days, weeks and hours of practice which lead to that expression.

All at once, all that time spent learning, doubting, failing, reworking and resuming is revealed in the current moment. The process of writing music or creating art is felt by the finished result.... and it's a very satisfying feeling. Joining that personal accomplishment with that recognition I mentioned above is really something special. Anyone who has worked at some craft regardless of the medium or field can understand what I mean.

Again, many things make me happy. My wife is the ultimate source of my happiness in part because she so graciously appreciates and encourages my creativity. So, it's not the number of individual people recognizing my life's work, it's the depth of that recognition I believe that makes it so nice.
edit on AMq000000amMonday00000010120 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ahaha I've never seen the sneaky ninja attacks, that's pretty funny.

Sound of music, I don't know anyone who hasn't seen that show. It's definitely a classic xD

Thanks for stopping by!
edit on 19-10-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Authenticity.. I suppose I've never looked for it, and wouldn't know how to - but definitely worthy of enjoying, thanks for coming by!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

The higher elevation mountains are beautiful right now. You have the evergreens, then mixes of red, yellow, orange, sometimes alone, sometimes in patches.

Thanks for coming by!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ahh campfire memories. It's been far too long since I've eaten the burnt outer shell of a marshmallow, just to fry it again.. Hah, not sure I'm alone in this.

Thanks for stopping by!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Ever tried jalapeño jam/jelly? It's delicious I'd say!

I love trout fishing. I have yet to go ice fishing for them, but I've been several times this year, the nature, wind, water, just the experience in general.

Never tried beer, maybe I should. Seems to be well enjoyed, must be a reason eh?

Thanks for coming by!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
People arguing on internet forums.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Yeah, I was addressing moments of happiness rather than the more permanent, but both play roles in our lives and can often be the same thing - that is the thing that gives us fulfillment also causes bouts of extra happiness.

I've never attempted much art, I've always deemed myself as "bad" at it. I realize it's perspective and I should give my creative side a voice, I've just never known how. Nice to hear your experience with art, and the appreciation your significant other has for it.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You must be constantly happy then, eh? There's plenty of that all around, myself being included.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Good beer and falling to sleep cuddled up with a woman.
There are many other things but those were the first to come to mind.
I am a simple man.
I could draw up a long list, but it is just about bed time.

edit on 19-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Today I'm HAPPY for that Doc has FINALLY cleared me to go back to work, after a minor mishap at work back in June. I get easily bored and had long since ran out of ideas what one could do with just one hand (working).............

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

My grandson reaching up for a cuddle and that little voice full of so much wonder about mundane things.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So many small things make me happy - put a bug or a rodent in front of me and I'll happily watch it for ages.

But, on a more serious note, achieving goals makes me happy. Setting myself a goal for the day and accomplishing it is one of the best feelings.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Justice makes me happy

Unfortunately very little of it around this making me overall unhappy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join