It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Like I said before, it all amounts to national security. The US is just playing by the rules. And China has it's reasons to do otherwise.

edit on 17-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Isurrender73

What about reconnaissance planes? I mean the US wouldn't be breaking international law since those waters are.... international

That is what I am trying to say. Maybe it's time to redefine international waters, and declare some waters to be demilitarized.

Those boundaries were created based on WW2 technology. The distance needed to protect oneself from Aircraft Carriers is far different then it was 50 yesrs ago. No one wants a potentially hostile Supper Powers bombs close to their borders.

Understanding China's actions and justifying them are 2 different things. And all diplomatic solutions need to be explored.

This has nothing to do with defense from carriers, why do you keep claiming that? This has to do with China wanting the resources that belong to other countries.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Like I said before, it all amounts to national security. The US is just playing by the rules. And China is has it's reasons to do otherwise.

No, this is about China stealing land and resources and saying it is part of China's territory.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

If its only about resources then sanctions and refusal to pay should be enough to force them to the table.

They can't afford the kind of tradeoff that sanctions would cause for water rights. And I don't particularly need made in China crap anyway and I think most of the world would follow US on sanctions, except possibly Russia.

If it's about war, it's time to negotiate naval boundaries.

edit on 17-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I think China has made it perfectly clear to everyone those island are here to stay. scary times we live in

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If its only about resources then sanctions and refusal to pay should be enough to force them to the table.

They can't afford the kind of tradeoff that sanctions would cause for water rights. And I don't particularly need made in China crap anyway and I think most of the world would follow US on sanctions, except possibly Russia.

If it's about war, it's time to negotiate naval boundaries.

Except that would kill the US economy too. For some weird reason our politicians love to make our greatest enemy our largest trade partner. China has already said they will not allow anything to get in the way of them claiming this land, not even the US, and they will go to war if we try.

Somehow you still back China.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I think China has made it perfectly clear to everyone those island are here to stay. scary times we live in

I agree China went to far.

But there has to be a non military solution.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

We haven't even tried. We can survive a departure from made in China. We will have every made in China product made in other 3rd world nations, or in the US. The TPP or other trade policies would insure all production is replaced in less then 2 years.

We owe China money, they owe us nothing. We can refuse to pay. The US can cause more damage to China's economy then the Chinese can damage the US economy. This is part of the reason for China's recent market corrections. It is really quite simple.

And I hate the TPP, but some trade agreements would be necessary to break away from made in China.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
Dear U.S.,

Don't be stupid and mess with BRICS. Keep to yourselves.

There're 3 billion people part of the BRICS nations, with 3 of the top 10 militaries. Yes, U.S. military and all of your military alliances could beat them, but at what cost? Total war.

In fact the war would have to be nuclear to be effective against the U.S. Both U.S. and RU have unstoppable, UN.STOPPABLE underwater missiles capable of destroying ENTIRE NAVAL FLEETS.

Anyway, don't mess with BRICS. Focus on improving America.

Sincerely,

Agricultural, self sufficient hopeful U.S. citizen

BRICS are not a alliance. Moreover Russia, Brazil, and economically finished, democratic India learns more towards the west rather than communist China and Russia.

Only alliance that may form is between Russia and China both dictatorships with huge internal problems which may use a war to distract its people from a revolution.
edit on 17/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Spoken like someone who has no clue about the realities of the situation. You really have no idea what you are talking about, and somehow, when China says "give us what we want or we will attack" the US is the bad guy in your mind.

So twisted.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Like I said before, it all amounts to national security. The US is just playing by the rules. And China is has it's reasons to do otherwise.

No, this is about China stealing land and resources and saying it is part of China's territory.

The problem is there is no land, it's open sea, and most likely a common ancesterial fishing spot for neigbourghing nations, including China.

This geo political boundaries, just don't register on China's radar.

If anything it's just another bully warning the other not to mingle with it's affairs.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Spoken like someone who has no clue about the realities of the situation. You really have no idea what you are talking about, and somehow, when China says "give us what we want or we will attack" the US is the bad guy in your mind.

So twisted.

I am not saying US is the bad guy in this situation. I am saying we don't need to be proving our bravado with Aircraft Carriers.

What is wrong with keeping Aircraft Carriers out of the area until we have exhausted all non military options?

Are you listening to what I am saying?

Or are you worried that somehow your manhood is damaged if we don't push the issue with Aircraft Carriers as a first response? I think it's time to start exploring civilized, level headed options.

But so far the US is only threatening Aircraft Carriers and China is only threatening war. Who is going to have a level head first? Or do we just start dropping bombs and skip diplomacy?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I am not saying US is the bad guy in this situation. I am saying we don't need to be proving our bravado with Aircraft Carriers.

This has nothing to do with bravado. This is telling our allies we support them.

What is wrong with keeping Aircraft Carriers out of the area until we have exhausted all non military options?

Are you listening to what I am saying?

Yes. And the US is not using a military option. We are sailing in open waters anyone can sail in.

Or are you worried that somehow your manhood is damaged if we don't push the issue with Aircraft Carriers as a first response? I think it's time to start exploring civilized, level headed options.

But so far the US is only threatening Aircraft Carriers and China is only threatening war. Who is going to have a level head first? Or do we just start dropping bombs and skip diplomacy?

This is not the first response. This is after other responses have not worked, and China continues to attack our allies. This is done to prevent further hostilities while the UN court hears the case. There will be no war unless China truly wants one. Many Chinese actually do.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

This is not the first response. This is after other responses have not worked, and China continues to attack our allies. This is done to prevent further hostilities while the UN court hears the case. There will be no war unless China truly wants one. Many Chinese actually do.

Can you atleast provide some proof of who China has been attacking in that region?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Can you atleast provide some proof of who China has been attacking in that region?

Ya, I need some sources for this claim too. I can't answer this without sources to verify that China is attacking someone.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What responses? All that has happened is grand standing.

China saying we won't listen and the US saying yes you will. Right now it looks like 2 immature brats arguing. Financial sanctions must come before military intervention.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I have already sourced it in this very thread. They are attacking fishing vessels, they have an illegal military blockade on the Philippines. They are also forcing other countries to accept illegal Chinese fishing and backing it up with military might.

www.philstar.com...
archive.defensenews.com...
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

What responses? All that has happened is grand standing.

China saying we won't listen and the US saying yes you will. Right now it looks like 2 immature brats arguing. Financial sanctions must come before military intervention.

Do you even research?

They have been talking for MONTHS, China simply refuses to listen, and says sorry, done deal, it's ours.
www.scmp.com...

link   
Expect a LOT of chest pumping from China and Russia both during Obama's last year. But don't expect anything but that. When it comes to a war with the US, they know not only is the US the largest, most advanced military in the world, but also the most strategically placed country in the world as well. 75% water / 25% land border, with the 25% land border our friends up north. Some of the most fertile food producing land in the world, plenty of natural resources, and a population that isn't excessive.

The US IS a self-reliant country if it wants to be, it can function with ZERO imports, granted it may take a very short amount of time to reinstate manufacturing here, but ALL of our manufacturing needs (plant's, employees, resources, ec...) could spring up within 1-2 years, and that's an exaggerated time frame.

Oh did I mention Alaska?

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

you seem to forget 1/5th of the worlds entire population would have something to say about it...

Yep, China holds approximately 1/5th of the worlds population...

China 1,393,783,836

US 325,899,400.....

US has nukes.

China has nukes..

US can't nuke China because of all the other stupid #ers that want an excuse to nuke the US.

China can't Nuke the US because of all the stupid #ers that want to nuke each other as well.

It's a giant chain reaction of everyone #ing loses.

How ever, if the us wants to go toe to toe in chinese waters... just remember that's their coast line... The US has to sail there, the Chinese LIVE there.

Not some where I want to try to drop trough and have a pissing contest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join