It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Europe going to the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The European and Russian space agencies are to send a lander to an unexplored area at the Moon's south pole.

It will be one of a series of missions that prepares for the return of humans to the surface and a possible permanent settlement.
The spacecraft will assess whether there is water, and raw materials to make fuel and oxygen.

BBC News has obtained exclusive details of the mission, called Luna 27, which is set for launch in five years' time.
The mission is one of a series led by the Russian federal space agency, Roscosmos, to go back to the Moon.

www.bbc.com...

It's exciting times with so many going for the Moon like a new space race is on...China, India now Russia and Europe.

I like the idea that it could drive a friendly race to once again push us to advance and explore through a proxy race. It would be nice to work together on something other than warring each other and maybe with everyone getting there and looking back on our planet it might help polarise us into a better world.

I know it's sentimental crap but I can't think my kids future is tumbling into war because of people's beliefs in different sky pixies and oil money greed.

edit on 16 10 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

edit on 16 10 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

That's kind of sad. They're making up all kinds of bogus missions in order to steal more money from their citizens. Why don't they just ask NASA for that info? They don't, simply because they learned the tactics from both NASA and the U.S. government, I'm ashamed to say. Other than that, good for them.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Why don't they just ask NASA for that info?

NASA never sent a lander to the Moon's south pole. They have studied it from orbit, including studying the material from orbit that got thrown up from impacting an empty rocket stage, but never a lander.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They're all going to extract helium-3. Helium-3 being great for nuclear fusion btw. It's gonna be cool, but it's not gonna be some freindly multi-national hey guys let's all get along party.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Blissful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

This guy!

That's kind of sad. They're making up all kinds of bogus missions in order to steal more money from their citizens.

Did you read the article? This is why they're going.

The spacecraft will assess whether there is water, and raw materials to make fuel and oxygen.

I'm Excited, I hope they find what they need, because if they do it could lead to a permanent lunar colony.

Happy times indeed.
edit on 16-10-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2015 by muSSang because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If you've seen the film time machine there is no good that can come from this

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSangThis guy? I didn't say ALL missions. Did you read my response?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I like it, its simple, yet you can dream, someone on the moon. Watching down on earth. From all corners of the earth you know someone is up there.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

Which Time Machine film?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Leroy33860

Booooooom!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If they agree to take all of their population with them, I'm for it.

They can have it....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

If they agree to take all of their population with them, I'm for it.

They can have it....

Pity its not what uncle Mohammed (Peace Be a Joke to You) wanted.

Its not the population thats the problem, its the "leaders"..elitist.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Good point. I stand corrected....
.....take Obama along for the ride.....please?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Leroy33860
The one where they mine the moon, it breaks up a nearly wipes out the human race who have to hide under ground.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm glad that these talks are on at this time, with all the tension going on right now. We always should divide earth business and space operations separately as we still see on ISS today.

It's something that brings humans more to an equal understanding and closer together, because were vulnerable in open space and have to depend on eachoter more then on earth.

I hope they will realize this cooperate mission soon, its great and better step for mankind .

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm glad that the mission carried on the name Luna, wich was the pioneering soviet series of exploration of the Moon.

Go to that link and marvel at the 1970s era of landing a craft on the Moon, launching a sample-loaded craft back towards Earth and successfuly retrieving the contents.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

And no good ever comes from uneducated twits getting "facts" from films.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i wonder why now?

i thought nasa determined theres no point in going back there.
why would russia not set its sight on mars or any of jupiters moons.

why experiment on the moon decades after we played golf up there... are getting new intel now so we must go back?
(we knew of He3 since Tesla first moved to NY)

conspiracy theorists moon landing hoax/flat earth/concave earth/alien moon base/holographic moon nut jobs are going to have a field day with this.

new topics

top topics

join