It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Woman's Racist Rant On A London Bus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
England my England.

Of course, racist monologues directed towards other passengers on public transport and posted to social media are nothing new. But this particular incident stands out because those sharing and commenting have focussed on the fact that the perpetrator of the abuse is black. The woman, who has not been identified, has a London accent, and many comments about the video concentrate on her ethnic origin.

"I don't understand how second/third/generation immigrants can say things like 'go back to your own country' when that is the kind of prejudice that our ancestors faced," one ethnic minority Londoner commented. "As a black man I feel shame, how anyone of colour can tell another 'go back to ur country'... Coz in a hot min it will b said to her," wrote another.
www.bbc.co.uk...

As a former bus driver my main sympathy goes to the poor over worked bus driver , personally I'd have told her to leave the bus after ignoring her first warning and if she hadn't I'd call the police , or is racism just a crime if you're white ?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If I could have got past all the Bleeps !! I might have more of a comment.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think bad speech is the best evidence of the retention of freedom.

If we don't hear the occasional nut or dirtbag spouting lunacy or vitriol, we should be concerned. I haven't even listened to this but, if my principal is sound, the content should be irrelevant.

Logistically speaking, I suppose it would be up to the property owner, in this case the bus company and driver.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I haven't even listened to this but, if my principal is sound, the content should be irrelevant.

I think you should listen to it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is there a transcript somewhere? Given how ludicrously loud the beeps were in comparison to the volume of the voices I gave up watching.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What started it?

What did the Arab people say to the black girl in the first place to start her rant?

I tell you what. Here in the U.S. If anyone is disrespectful, we will let them know.

We tend to stand up for ourselves. And we tend to beat other people's asses for talking smack.

Black, white, brown, we will stick up for ourselves. We take no sh!t.

IMHO someone provoked her.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I tried. Couldn't get past all the annoying beeping. There should be an unaltered version somewhere....

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Lol what?

Every time you see a video like this from America you see 20 people sitting there doing absolutely nothing and one person getting in to it with one other person.

Getting into a fist fight over a parking space isn't sticking up for yourself.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

As a former bus driver my main sympathy goes to the poor over worked bus driver , personally I'd have told her to leave the bus after ignoring her first warning and if she hadn't I'd call the police , or is racism just a crime if you're white ?

In reality, most of the busdrivers I have ever seen would have kicked "both" of them off...you guys can be a real obtuse lot.

...just saying.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I haven't even listened to this but, if my principal is sound, the content should be irrelevant.

Okey doke, I will.

I have recently been asserting that I think that all speech is free but, the consequences are not. So, if someone yells 'fire!' in a crowded theatre and everyone turns around and says 'shut up and sit down dummy!', no crime has been committed. It is only if the speech results in consequential action or results that it becomes relevant.

This will be a good test of that 'sight unseen' defense declaration I suppose.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Maybe she got a bit peed off with Muslims blowing up buses around the world, London included. Let's face it, if the bus you're on is going to be blown up is it going to be a Christian black doing the deed or a Muslim? I work near to a afro Caribbean church and those members do not speak highly of Muslims at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

if the bus you're on is going to be blown up is it going to be a Christian black doing the deed or a Muslim?

So there aren't any black Muslims then ?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

if the bus you're on is going to be blown up is it going to be a Christian black doing the deed or a Muslim?

So there aren't any black Muslims then ?

Of course there are. They haven't integrated to the extent that black afro caribbean's have as they belong to a different culture. The lady may be exceedingly rude but she is part of British culture going back hundreds of years and part of the Commonwelth/Empire.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Maybe she got a bit peed off with Muslims blowing up buses around the world, London included. Let's face it, if the bus you're on is going to be blown up is it going to be a Christian black doing the deed or a Muslim? I work near to a afro Caribbean church and those members do not speak highly of Muslims at all.

No you need to look to white christians blowing up abortion clinics for something like that....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I agree that she was seemingly provoked before the video started and the person getting up and advancing behind her ended surprisingly peacefully.

The comment she made about kicking her, if the target was pregnant, could be considered declaration of intent and could theoretically justify violent defensive action. In other words, under certain circumstances, she might have been shot for saying that.

It is also true that at no point in time did I suspect that the Londoness was likely to explode.

In conclusion, my opinion is that London buses are a lot like American public school buses.
edit on 16-10-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

No you need to look to white christians blowing up abortion clinics for something like that....

We aren't discussing white Christians here are we? It's black women ranting................... According to the OP title

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The comment she made about kicking her, if the target was pregnant

She said something about kicking her in the uterus which makes me think it likely she was / is pregnant.
I see no indication she was provoked, the video starts with her saying " make me shut up " which suggests she'd already said something , only the passengers know the full story and I guess it will come out.

Either way it's a sad episode and I hope the Met police are investigating , if you let this sort of stuff go unpunished it will get worse.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ugly as it was, I would characterize that interaction as a peaceful disagreement.

That poor bus driver certainly earned his pay that day.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Then why bring them up then? Or is it only allowed if you or people sharing your views post?

And fed up? I dont know about you, but the Brits I know don't get fed up after a one time thing. Sure it can and in all probability will happen again, but to be fed up? Not a wise way of putting it.

You seem to forget the IRA, white Christians, blowing up buses, pubs, the lot.
edit on 16/10/2015 by Learningman because: misspelled

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I have to agree with some of the other posters, it was difficult for me to make any kind of sense of what the argument was all about. If this happened in the U.S., the bus driver would have probably told them to exit the bus, and if they refused the police would have been called. For how long the bickering went on, in the U.S., people who are that ignorant and don't care if they're creating a pubic scene will eventually come to blows. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but I'm really surprised it didn't end that way. The world is full of crazy people, without them, just think how boring this life would be. (sarc)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join